Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Darkrai Lv.X deck that I'm gonna run for battle roads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikko145

This is my new list for my Darkrai deck!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
(^^^I justthink it's kewl watching them all move in unison...)
Pokemon: 22
2-2 Darkrai Lv.X
3-2-1 Honchkrow
3-2-1 Exploud
2-2 Claydol GE
2 Sableye SF

Trainers: 21
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
3 Pokémon Communication
3 Night Maintenance
1 Fisherman
3 Expert Belt
2 Snowpoint Temple

Energy: 17
17 Basic Dark Energy

Strategy:
Set stuff up and try to tank through everything they have. If that doesn't work, then try to keep attacking.

Last edited:
This is a lot like my Darkrai deck!

Mine is a lot wonkier and less consistent. It uses HGSS Hypno (for sleep pendulum), Darkrai and Darkrai G. One of the main problems I have is when my energized Darkrai gets knocked out, it takes a really long time for another big scary attacker to show up.

I like your use of Togekiss because that is a great answer to the problem of a second attacker!

I use moonlight stadiums but have been considering using Snowpoint Temples because Darkrai is a squishmaster.

I had spiritombs in the deck to accelerate Hypno & Claydol, but honestly, they're not that useful in a deck like this, because the main attacker is a 1-stage.

I also used Call Energies to make it more consistent, but the lack of bonus damage can be disheartening.

who do you do 130 with out adding extra energy

40 (base) + 30 (energy required) + 20 (expert belt + 40 between turns (maximum for Darkrai G's) = 130 damage. Of course, I can adjust this damage with my energy amounts. I'm making edits now, so hang on a moment.

---------- Post added 05/23/2010 at 03:37 PM ----------

This is a lot like my Darkrai deck!

Mine is a lot wonkier and less consistent. It uses HGSS Hypno (for sleep pendulum), Darkrai and Darkrai G. One of the main problems I have is when my energized Darkrai gets knocked out, it takes a really long time for another big scary attacker to show up.

I like your use of Togekiss because that is a great answer to the problem of a second attacker!

I use moonlight stadiums but have been considering using Snowpoint Temples because Darkrai is a squishmaster.

I had spiritombs in the deck to accelerate Hypno & Claydol, but honestly, they're not that useful in a deck like this, because the main attacker is a 1-stage.

I also used Call Energies to make it more consistent, but the lack of bonus damage can be disheartening.

I'm flattered you like it!:lol: I hope it helps you, but I would also like some deck help, please!

How do you bumb it up ? All the time when I'm the last poster, it just adds the thread I post to the previous one..

Darkrai has Fighting Weakness, which means that you will be vulnerable to Promocroak in LuxChomp. Even if you tech Exploud SV in to remove the Weakness, Promocroak can still hit you for a pretty decent amount of damage. What I'm getting to is that you need a Promocroak counter. Shuppet/Psychic Energy/Expert Belt comes to mind, but I think a better counter would be Uxie Lv. X. Getting Energy on it shouldn't be too much of a problem with Togekiss, and Uxie and Uxie Lv. X can help you with draw power throughout the game.

I am very supprised you don't have weavile on this. It could load up dark pkmn fast. What if instead of Claydoll you had Furrets?
Which base form of Darkrai would you play? the one with a power to put your opponent to sleep or the darkrai that can attack to get an energy card. <note it doesn't say basic>

I am very supprised you don't have weavile on this. It could load up dark pkmn fast. What if instead of Claydoll you had Furrets?
Which base form of Darkrai would you play? the one with a power to put your opponent to sleep or the darkrai that can attack to get an energy card. <note it doesn't say basic>

(What do you mean it "doesn't say basic"?)

I use 1 GE Darkrai and 1 MD Darkrai. I'm working on getting another MD one.

---------- Post added 05/28/2010 at 03:42 PM ----------

Darkrai has Fighting Weakness, which means that you will be vulnerable to Promocroak in LuxChomp. Even if you tech Exploud SV in to remove the Weakness, Promocroak can still hit you for a pretty decent amount of damage. What I'm getting to is that you need a Promocroak counter. Shuppet/Psychic Energy/Expert Belt comes to mind, but I think a better counter would be Uxie Lv. X. Getting Energy on it shouldn't be too much of a problem with Togekiss, and Uxie and Uxie Lv. X can help you with draw power throughout the game.

I don't see it being much of a threat. I could see using a counter, but it would be too late anyways. Plus, I could just use Honchkrow. It has a :fighting: resistance, plus it OHKO's PromoCroak.

Well that's what i mean, The darkrai GE(the 70hp one) for no energy searches the deck for an energy card. Could be DCE if you wanted

Last edited:
Well that's what i mean, The darkrai GE(the 70hp one) for no energy searches the deck for an energy card. Could be DCE if you wanted

But it wouldn't do me any good, since the only things that use it would be my techs. Plus, I use the Darkrai GE with 80 HP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back