Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My deck needs some MAJOR matinance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyfogre22

As i am just getting back into pokemon after a long battle with... certian things... i only managed to scrap up a fairly weak deck consisting of:

Pokemon:
2x Ditto(F)
bock's Onix(G)
1x scizor (neo2?)
2x fossil haunter
1xsteelix
1x Base ghastly
1x base onix
1x neo2 magnemite
1xpineco
1x foretress
2x fossil ghastly
1x fossil mr. mime
1x ghastly(set unkown, attack: nightmare (o) 10 dmg the defending pokemon is now asleep.)
1x jungle scyther
1x misdreavus

Energy
15x Psychic Energy
2x Grass Energy
4x Lightning energy
1x Recycle Energy
1x Rainbow energy
2x DCE
1x Steel Energy

Trainers
4x energy search
3x Bill
1x Imposer Oak's Revenge
2x SER
1x Energy Stadium
1x Computer Search
1x Gust of Wind
1x Super Rod
1x Revive
1x Oak

Like i said, it needs serious help... this is the only deck that i built i was able to find, and it is one of my oldest cards... i have many pre-neo cards to work with that i can add to my deck. Thanks for your time

26 Energy cards?! Too much, man. And your focus is non-existant. Look at the link in my signature for a bunch of general deck-building tips.

that was my point... lol this is a deck put together when i was starting the game in '98 and has sience become a joke deck... but now its the only deck i got so im gonna make it good :D thanks

Just to make sure i got this right...

this is my sample deck using the tips from ur signature...

Pokemon:
3x Base Set Squirtle
1x Rocket Squirtle
2x Base set Wartortle
1x Rocket Dark Wartortle
1x Base set Blastoise
1x Rocket Dark Blastoise
1x Base set Magikarp
1x Base set Gyrados
2x Fossil Ditto
2x Neo Sneasel
1x Base set Lapras

Energies:
1x Dark Energy
1x Rainbow Energy
14x Water Energy
2x DCE

Trainers:
1x Pokedex
3x Energy search
2x Professor Oak
3x Gust of Wind
1x Miracle Berry
2x Energy Removal
1x Ecogym
1x Professor Elm
2x Super Energy Removal
4x Bill
1x Counterattack Claws
1x Computer Search
1x Energy Stadium
1x Imposter Oaks Revenge
1x Gold Berry
My deck's strategy is to bring out [base set] Blastoise as quick as possible, and fill up my bench with my water types. Using [base set] blastoise, i use my water energies to charge my bench, and i play my energy searches to pull out more necissary energies, and bill to draw what i need. I then play Computer search and bring up either [sneasel, if i have rainbow and dark energy in my hand] or [energy stadium]. When i obtain rainbow energy and dark energy, i play my sneasel and play it in active when my bench becomes full AND it is ready with rainbow and dark energy equipped. I use the beat up technique, which, with a full bench, will allow me to inflict up to 120 damage. If sneasel is damaged in any way, i can use:
a) Gold/Miracle berry to cure whatever situation
b) use ER/SER to enfeeble my oppoment
c) use counterattack claws to possibly finish off my oppoment
d) use Gust of Wind to place a weaker or possibly unprepared pokemon in active

Miscelanious:
Energy stadium and ecogym can reduce energy loss to keep up an attack pace. My deck has two major weaknesses that i did in a playtest against my friend:
a) Against selfdestruct decks, my bench strategy is ruined
b) Almost all of my pokemon are weakened to lightning, which makes it a big vaunerability.

I am open to any criticism, and PLEASE, I'd like some criticizm... PLEASE!!!

Some improvements i plan on doing:
-remove Pokedex for a [rocket] magikarp to make pulling out gyrados (which, IMO, is a good 3(w) 50 damage attack or a 4(w) 40 damage attack that paralyzes) easier
-remove professor elm (which i might consider doing now because this is a very trainer-heavy deck) for another rainbow energy because of its variety
-remove either ecogym or energy stadium for a dark energy so i can have 2 sneasels playable

I just have a few questions:
1. Can you recommend any of the newer cards that might fit for my deck?
2. Can rainbow energy become a dark-type energy?
Thanks for your time (again_

meh lol i havent played in a yr and a half.... im still workin on it but i was lookin for more in the suggestion area lol

i sitll havent figured out what the difference between unlimited and modified... oh and for the record ive pretty much fogrotten completely how to make a deck

Yea, I'm trying to construct a response right now lol. It's just so difficult since I don't know which theme you're going for...Rain Dance, or bench assault(Sneasel)? The two really can't be combined...

my deck is bench assault by sneasel, but im using rain dance to hold out so i dont lose in the process and still be able to put up an offense of sorts

First, yes, Rainbow Energy provides Dark Energy, though not the effects. Same story with Metal Energy, BTW.
Now, about the deck. I see it's a Blastoise and Dark Blastoise deck. That's basically running two Stage 2's. However, a deck based around Base Blastoise and Gyarados could be interesting. If you're going to play Ditto, use Double Colorless Energy. If you're going to play 2 Sneasel, you'll want at least 6 total Energy cards that can provide (D) costs. Your Trainers could still use work. Since you have Weakness to Electric, you'll want Tyrogue and/or Articuno. Some newer cards to consider are Fisherman, Town Volunteers, and Copycat. And remember, if a card's worth having in your deck, it's probably worth having 2 or 3 of.

about the dark energy and having six of them, i am running under restricted limits (for example, i have a grand total of 1 count em' ONE dark energy) and im going out to buy them 2morrow... its too late rite now, but this is what i was thinking:

-1x Pokedex
-1x Lapras
-1x Counterattack
-1 SER

+4 Dark energy

In the case of tyrogue... how much does he cost, because i might as well do it in one swoop, and articuno i already have; i might do him

Why not run Sneasel/Wiggly then? That's a good direction if you wanna run Sneasel. 'Stoise just hinders the focus of your deck. I say Sneasel/Wiggly is the way to go, with something else splashed. Psychic might just do the trick to defend against the Fighting Weakness of Wiggly. Grass can also help that cause as well. However, Grass usually needs DCE to be effective, which will be used on Wiggles.

Remember that you can only run 4 Darkness Energy cards in a deck -- it's not a Basic Energy card. Try to do 4 Dark/2 Rainbow, if you can. Tyrogue should be easy to get -- it's a Common from Discovery.

Yea...my new deck is gonna use Tyrogue. He should also have a place in my new 'Plume deck that I'm planning as well. I highly reccomend getting 2-3 Tyroogy. ^_^

aight, im gonna build an artifical deck (like, not actually use cards, but just post a sample)

Hehe nick had a good idea... also, basic-wise, what else should be added?

To which? If you mean the deck we've been commenting on, you should be covered with what you have. If you mean Sneasel/Wiggly, just tech in something like Scyther, Electabuzz, or Chansey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back