Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My ENTIRE Cities Experience

So i went to 2 cities one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Here's what happened the first day. (Oh btw I played Machamp for both!)

Saturday-
We drive for an hour taking my little brother and Bret with us decks ready to go when we get there, except for Bret. Anyway, the computer crashed and the tourney starts a little later but none the less it starts.

Round 1 vs. Bret (Duskgar)
I look at the pairings going "Are you kidding me?!?" I take this kid up there and I play him first round. Well, the game was quick I got a fast Machamp but he got an even faster Dusknoir and got rid of all opposition. Good Game (I guess):mad:
0-1 :mad::mad:

I was sooo mad I lost to Bret, anyway

Round 2 vs. Mike (Armaldo)
This deck was weird.. He starts with a Hitmonchan and I start with Machop. He goes first, attaches to it and Counter Punch. Ok I get the T1 Machamp and take out. He said he had another basic in his hand, I went ahead and let him play it. He pulls into nothing and I take him out for game still. We play another for fun and he destroys me because my Machamp X was prized. Good Games
1-1

Round 3 vs. Jeremiah? (Magenzone/Metagross)
This game ended quick but not as quick as the last one. I end up getting the Turn 3 Machamp and set up faster than he could keep up. Good Game
2-1

Lunch-Nothing really happened during lunch.

Round 4 vs. Angel (Scizor/Cherrim)
Ok I know how to play against this deck. So i start with the Turn 3 Champ vs. a Turn 3 scizor.I could have knocked them out a lot quicker but my Champ X was prized. Oh NO!! But I was able to sack into it by the 2nd or 3rd prize I drew. This game went pretty back and forth on prizes. I know if I didn't get that Champ X early I was going to lose. Good Game (really close game) :thumb:
3-1

Round 5 vs. Anthony (AMU)
When I saw the Pixies I knew this would be fun. So, i start to take out his pokemon waiting for the Unown G to show up and it never did. I asked how many he ran at the end. He told me 0. Good Game (regardless) eek:
4-1

Round 6 vs.Micheal (Tyranitar)
Another easy matchup for Machamp!! I set up faster than he does and demolish through. Good Game (or not..)

I'm in the Finals with a first round loss!! Awesome

Top 8 match vs. Brian (AMU)
Another AMU!! Sign me up.
First game I destroyed him with a turn 2 Machamp. He had nothing set up and I ran though.
5-1

Second game I didn't get a Machamp out till turn 5!!:eek: And I only did that by playing a Drawer into another Drawer into a candy. It ended being a REALLY close game until I got a Machamp set up and started for more. I ending up winning.One of the reasons why it was so close was I had a Machamp with 140 damage with a G. He targets him with Azelf x's deep Balance but, realizes he can't due to G. I let him take it back and hit an Uxie for 60. Good Game (He did A LOT better than either of us thought he would)
6-1

Top 4 vs. Jason (Duskgar)
Ughh Duskgar. What a horrible matchup for Machamp.

First Game I have the Machop, the rare candy, energy and everything ready for the turn 1 donk. I top deck into the Revenge Machamp and he ended up getting set up and I lost that game.
6-2

Second Game i started hard and well but, he was able to bring it back. I needed to get rid of the dusknoir X as a stadium and my last Stark was prized. Well, Good Game (I pulled junk out of the packs.)
6-3

As soon as I get home I put in a 3rd Stark and print decklists and went to bed.

Sunday Morning
Well, it was time again for another Pokemon tourney. 2 in one week was exciting and exhausting. We get up to Wheatridge no problem. set up the tourney and we ready to start.

Round 1 vs. Adam (AMU with Mewtwo and Gardy)
He didn't see a Ralts the whole game allowing me to take out all his pokemon save those with G. Good Game (kinda more of a slaughter)
1-0 Combined 7-3

Round 2 vs. Ian (Obamasnow)
I really didn't want to play Ian cause I didn't want to whup on him, but it happened and I whupped on him. We both set up equally fast and I was able to one shot all of his Obama's. He ended up getting a couple prizes with Cressilia Lv.X but it wasn't enough. Good Game :)frown:)
2-0 Combined 8-3

Round 3 vs. Courtney (Magenzone/Palkia)
I got the faster setup than she did. When she tried to do something I was able to play out of it. it ended quite fast. Good Game (again kinda)
3-0 Combined 9-3

Round 4 vs. Micheal (Vespiqueen/Cherrim)
I got the turn 2 donk on him. I felt bad so I played him again after and still beat him. Yeah, not much else to say.... Good Game (actaully no.. it wasn't)
4-0 Combined 10-3

Round 5 vs. Daniel Lasagna (Duskgar)
GRRRRR.... Freaking Duskgar. I pulled absolute garbage that game. I was able to knock out a Dusknoir X with a Regirock.. yeah a Regirock. But, it was over before it started.
4-1 Combined 10-4

I made the cut again Sweet!!

Top 4 match vs. Adrian (Regigigas)
OMG First Game was the stupidest jank ever! Ok I start with machop and he starts with a Gigas. I attach and Low Kick for 40 cause of weakness. He draws attaches and passes. I draw about 10 cards and I can go get the Machoke which is what I do. I use his first attack and get a tails. This Gigas now has 80 damage and he levels up and attaches. He punches me for 30. I evolve into machamp and hurricane punch and flip 3 tails. He now has 140! 10 life left are you joking?? So he attaches hits for 30 and I hurricaine punch flipping one heads again him for game. He didn't draw anything that game.
5-1 Combined 11-4

Second game wasn't very eventful. I got a turn two Machamp and started to run through the Uxies, and Lunatones. He get's a Gigas setup with a G but, I one shot it with Rage!! Good Game (That was an intresting Top 4)
6-1 Combined 12-4

So I waited for like an hour for the other Top4 match to be done. My friend won on time (that sack)

Top 2 vs. Lasagna (Duskgar)
First game I was able to get the turn two donk on an Uxie.

Second Game I get the T2 Machamp but, he had other basics. It took a while for him to set anything up while I was just running through. He got a Dusknoir X out but I killed it easy followed by the replacement Stark next turn. Every move I had a counter too and I won.
7-1 Combined 13-4

Third Cities in Monument
So TOM crashes twice and we don't start till 2 and we were supposed to be out by 7!:eek: Anyway..

Round 1 vs. Ann (Don't remember)
I play this woman a lot during the tourney season last year and some this year. She tries but, she isn't very good (not too be mean) anyway I play her and I win.
1-0 Combined 13-4

Round 2 vs. Patric (starter)
Not too much else to say here either. He was new and he won a round but, I beat him.. :frown:
2-0 Combined 14-4

Round 3 vs. Steve (Raichu)
This match was mine! he knew it too but, we had some fun. After all he did knock out Machamp with a Pikachu... :rolleyes: It was funny. It was a lot closer than I thought.
3-0 Combined 15-4

Round 4 vs. James (VanderHatter)
I've played around with this so I knew what to do. I saved my warps and used them sparingly. It was a close game i thought I was going to win.
4-0 Combined 16-4

Round 5 vs. Jerry (Dusknoir)
I get a terrible start and I played around considering that I was in top no matter and that was all I cared about.
4-1 Combined 16-5
So.. we get deck checks and we have to leave the venue.. :eek: so what do we do?? We go to Carl's Jr. to finish top cut and finals for seniors. I thought it was funny. We get time to eat and we start our finals.

Top 8 vs. Jeff (VanderHatter)
Great another VanderHatter.. so I used the warps when I needed to pretty much what I did against my round 4 opponent. I win the first game then win the match on time. Sry dude.. :frown:
6-1 Combined 18-5

Top 4 vs. Bret (Gigas/Vile)
Both me and Bret knew that I had this.. so he tried to Uxie rush me but I honestly think that he didn't test the match up enough.. so I was able to beat him 2-0...sry bret :frown: Oh and while this match was going my food came from Carl's Jr. but Bret drank more than half of the soda and most of the fries I was about to eat the burger until I was forced into the finals due to the possiblity of getting kicked out of this venue..
8-1 combined 20-5

Top 2 vs. Micheal (Duskgar)
A matchup that I really haven't tested much.. I start with the turn 2 and a bunch of other useful trainers. He starts with a Gastly!!:eek: I drew into jank as he got set up and I lost the first game.
8-2 combined 20-6

Second game, the same starts on both sides. I get the early claydol and start to make a comeback and somehow (I don't even know how) I brought it back. yeah go me!!:thumb: Everyone was proud..
9-2 Combined 21-6

And, we had to leave this venue because the girls running the place wanted to go home cause of the weather and we went to the one place where we can finish our final game Wal-Mart!! yes on the paint counter to be exact. (oh btw there was 8 minutes on the clock) :frown:

Third game, he gets the same start and so did I.. ughhhh I hate that freaking Gastly!! He gets the early prize and I get one right back. As he can take another (on his turn) time was called and he knocked out my Uxie for game.. :frown: I lost in paint... I pull a Machamp and a Dusknoir X!! :thumb: (I had one of each already)

I didn't go to bed till 3 and I woke up at 5!! another tourney was in my future (great)

Littleton

Round 1 vs. Adrian (obama)
I shouldn't have lost this game!!!But, I was really tired and was making WAY too many misplays!!!
0-1 Combined 21-7

Round 2 vs. Aaron (Dusknoir)
This one I lost to a slow start and to Dark Palming away both my Claydol and Champ X :frown:
0-2 Combined 21-8

I NEEDED to win games to get points back..

Round 3 vs. Karl (AMU/Mewtwo)
The deck was all basic and I got a turn two start. I just ran through. He killed one and I got another up. GG
1-2 Combined 22-8

Round 4 vs. Karl's dad (lol) (Raichu)
I start with the T2 and he starts with a Pichu. I decide to not evolve to machamp and low kick for 30. He pulls NOTHING!! :eek: wow. I did get a pat on the back from the judge because I didn't T2 him.. We play again, a lot closer (kinda)
2-2 Combined 23-8

The store owner liked my hat so he gave me a McFarlane Dragon. As did a lot of bunch other ppl in the mall.. Kevin pulls yet another Champ X and mike pulls a Chu x.

Well, I pulled a Charizard, Heatran X and a Shiny Drifloon out of the packs.

Props
Winning the second day
Making top cut the 1st day
Mike for being staff both days
Machamp for being AMAZING!!
Putting in the 3rd Stark
Getting the donk several times
Not having to pay for gas
Meeting new people
Christian for being good at this game!
Deron for letting me borrow the X
Machamp for being AMAZING!!
Wayne and Ron for running the tourney's
The store owner giving away cool figures
Having A LOT of Stormfront X's
Good Trades
Having lots of money
Tyler for winning his first cities FINALLY
Having a tourney at 3 different locations
The Pimp Hat and the Money tie
Did I mention that Machamp was being AMAZING??

Slops
The 4 hour car rides
Playing Breton first round
Duskgar for being STUPID!!
Not having money :frown:
Duskgar for being STUPID!!
Kevin for STILL not winning a Cities yet.
Feeling bad for the people I donked
Really Cold
Breton kept taking my FREAKING sodas..
Making misplays on Sunday
Gastly for being broken...
Having a tourney at 3 different locations
The really stupid game against Adrian
Kevin changing decks last minute on Sunday
Did I mention that Duskgar is STUPID??

Last edited:
Nice reports Chris. Good shows on both days. Hey, did you think Duskgar was stupid by chance? lol!

Mike did an awesome job for us both days, you guys can come up anytime, just make sure you bring Mike too.

Thanx, yeah ur prolly right but, all weekend it's what I lost to.. all 4 games were to duskgar. Yeah he did that's why he's one of the main props. Oh don't worry you'll see a lot more of us throughout the season

Last edited:
Good job chris. Sackage days are the best days... thanks 4 the shiny tangrowth again it will look very good in my deck...

Where are my props dawg? :nonono:
lol jk good job dude. Machamp is fairing well. Against everything too! (Besides DuskGar :lol:)

Back