Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

my fabulous NE regs report

fabulousTaz

I decide to go to New England Regs cause they were doing a two day event. I needed a vacation and i hadnt seen a few people from there in a while. I go there with Christian Ortiz from ny, we took a 4 hour bus to get there friday. Gino comes to the room to play test that nite and my luxchomp deck was just not having any luck. I would start with a azelf la for example with both luxray lvl x and garchomp lvl x prized. Weird stuff like that was going on so we tested Pluff with pixies and i feel real good about it. We test till about 4 in the morning till Gino finally leaves the room so i can get some sleep :tongue:

Next day I see that NO ONE is pretty much playing luxchomp. There was very little. I see gino and he changed the deck addin in bucks training and pluspowers >.> So a good 30 mins or so before the tourney started we scrabble to finish the list. We decided to take out the pixies due to no luxchomps and to make it as consistant as possible to get a quick swarm ASAP. This is the list we played. Christian didnt play it cause he is from the bronx

4x Hoppip
2x Skiploom
4x Jumpluff
3x Baltoy
3x Claydol
2x Uxie
2x Crobat
1x Luxray GL
1x Luxray GL lvl X
1x Chatot MD

4x Rare Candy
4x Poketurn
4x Pokemon Communicator
3x Bebe's Search
1x Luxury Ball
3x Roseanne's Research
2x Pokemon Collector
3x Warp Point
2x Team Galactic's Wager
2x Broken Time Space
2x Expert Belt

5 Grass Energy
2 Multi Energy

Round 1-??? w/ Sableye-Dialga
He starts with sableye to my lone baltoy. He puts down dialga and then giratina for let loose after attaching a basic dark energy on sableye :mad: Im praying he doesnt get the crobat to donk me he whiffs on it. I set up and sweep him. Everytime he tried to set up something i would just bright look it and kill it gg
1-0

Round 2- Sara w/ Raybees
She starts first with a lone baltoy :-( i donk her
2-0

Round 3- Gary w/ Quagsire GL-Mr. Mime- Techs
He gets a pretty good set up early for the match up. I start trying to kill stuff quickly. He tries to slow me down with mime by i to bench pluff attach and warp point then he tries to double mime but by then i had 3 nrg on my other pluff and could go thru it. Were using my luxrays power to force him to keep spraying/cyrus so i can wager him. He tries to set up his blaze tech but i had too much and wager hurt him.
3-0

Round 4- ??? w/ Kingdra
The kid kept talking about how none of his matches went pass T4 >_> He went first with a lone Horsea for 10 dmg. I donk him :tongue:
4-0

Round 5- John Bristoll w/ Luxchomp
Sorry if i spelled ya last name wrong. He was a really cool kid. Anywho they randomly deck check us and it takes like 15 mins it was forever. We goof around and we joke that watch one of us get donked after all this waiting. Sure enough he goes first with 2 Chomps vs my Hoppip, attaches dce GOOD GAME:lol:
:lol:i had pluff belt with claydol and another pluff t1 with my hand had i played lmao would have been a fun match oh well next time :thumb:
4-1

Round 6- Dave Cox w/ Flygon
I set up quickly and he is having trouble setting up. He dusknors to try to stop me from bright looking but i just sweep.
5-1

Round 7- Azul w/ Shuppet donk
He starts off with a Shuppet or uxie i think i dont remember vs my hoppip and baltoy. He plays unown q on the bench so i dont donk him. I RC to jumpluff rose for uxie and crobat hit unown 1 for 10 , burn my hand uxie, rc to claydol cosmic. And double turn ftw. Hand communcator in my hand to get the other crobat anyways had i not drawn into my second turn :lol:
6-1

So swiss is over we see standing for top 16 and it turns out im facing Gino in top 16 >_> We were pretty annoyed about it but eh nothing we can do. Afterwards me, gino, christian and poke go to the movies and watch kickass. Awesome movie!!!! Go bak to my hotel room watch strikeforce and crash.

Next day top 16 starts woot!

Top 16- Gino Lombardi w/ Literally the same list im playing
Game 1- He gets to go second and donks me
Game 2-I get to pick i go second and donk him
Game 3-He wants to go first cause he has god and i have MEH. GG

The 3 games literally took about 5 mins. Got to play in the Tom Sheas DS tournament cause of it :lol:
Thank god i got back in the game!! FUN TIMES!!

Props:
Derek Jeter
Gino for getting second
Jessings for playing Regi (though my list was betta :p)
Christian and dan for always lending me cards
Mama frezza for making Christian cry
Jake Shields <3
Lily
The judging crew, seriously you guys were awesome everyone one of you were able to stand me which is a challenge!!

Slops:
Christain for not playing our list
Christian for playing palkia in the other tourney
Chrstian for getting me sick
Christian for killing my fone before i got home
Chrstian for getting 17th cause he is bad
Brian Jessings JR just cause
My fellow spanish fools that missed round 1 and ended up going 33,34 and 36 in a top 32 tourney >.<
Dan just cause
Aziz for not going with us
Shuppet

Last edited:
Back