Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My first states in masters I think i did ok...

Spirit Of Mew

Yesterday, I left after school from Ohio to go down to Kentucky. It was about a four hour drive. I was thinking I was playing torterra until last night when I built gigas in the hotel room. I play tested many times to get the best consistency I could. In the morning I added a last minute tech that saved my life.

My Deck: I know that it doesn't seem like a good list, but i really don't care about that part. It worked for me.

Pokemon: 15
2 Gigas X
2 Gigas (gigaton punch)
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Banette PL
3 Mesprit LA
1 Uxie (I don't have the lv x yet nor do I have more than one uxie
1 azelf

Trainers: 31 - Don't Judge me
4 Poke Drawer+
4 Poke Blower+
4 Switch
3 Felicity's Drawing
3 Night Maintenance
3 Premier Ball
2 Bebe's
2 Roseanne's
2 Snow Point Temple
2 Warp Point
2 Plus Power

Energy: 14
3 Multi - no I didn't play call
3 Fighting
4 Water
4 Metal

So, after deck check the 6 rounds BEGIN!!!!

Round 1: David B. (Rampardos)
I had the perfect hand for going second, but of course I only had one basic and went first. So he ended up donking me.

He did drop out killing my percentage kicking me out of the cut. I'm sorry I don't like droppers

0-1

Round 2: Umm, Random conditions deck
I got my gigas out T2 and swept of from there. It was a very long dragging battle though

1-1

Round 3: Gligar Gengar
I got a mesprit start. He got an amazing start. So, after three turns without support or trainers I lost.

1-2

Round 4: Magnezone
He got a baltoy start with a magnemite on bench. I had a gigas up front and mesprit in hand for lock. He goes first, attaches to baltoy and ends. I attach to gigags play mesprit, use felicities discarding two energy and end. He goes for the magneton since he can't use powers so he attached and ended. I drew. premier ball for the x, attach to gigas, another mesprit and then sacrificed to attach two energy. I used gigaton punch for the KO. He brought up him magnetone and couldn't go more than that.

Giga BLASTER ftw.

2-2

Round 5: Machamp
This is the mach up that no one wants when playing gigas. It SHOULD be an auto loss, but this morning I decided to slip in that good ol' banette to counter act Mewtwo X. he goes first with a baltoy, chatot benched. and a machop up from. I had my lone Shuppet. I drew and used my roseanne's to get a gigas and a baltoy attached plus power and a mutli to shuppt. Played my uxie and then used mesprit to lock. I hit him for 50 with shuppet and brought it back. He KO my mesprit next turn with champ. I topped a doll, got a blower and hit him for ten. Laid down my shuppet plus power and multy again another mesprit for lock and used switch. KO'd his Champ. This went on again until I got two of his champ out and he had one prize left, and I had four!!! Finally I got the banette out and got enought damage to take out his chatot, after that I used bannete's loneliness attack to ruin his champ x, champ dp , and with the help of two plus power his doll,

GG MAN!!!

3-2

Round 6: J.P. - Dusknoirz
J.P. had the best shot at top cut he just needed to get through me. I wanted him to go in, and am certain at this point he will have no trouble crushing me, I had a god hand that game and used my blower to take out his baltoy by bringing them up. From that I just had the best set up I could get and I kept a mesprit lock on him so he couldn't draw.

Sorry, man, I really am.

4-2

For my first year in masters I feel I have done decent at states and don't expect to do much better. I had a lot of fun in KY with all you guys. I never had to call the judges once. I hope to come back again soon. I was upset because I did miss cut because my first opponent decided to drop after a few round. I'm sorry, I just don't think that's fair he only needed to play one more round.

Over all I had a lot of fun, and really had no disappointment.

SEE YOU AT OHIO!!!

Back