Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My gengar and Dusknoir deck for cities tomarrow some input would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady_middnite

ok heres the complete lis of my deck

Pokmon:
Duskul x3(one tackle,one silhouette,one counting song)
Dusclops x3 (confuse ray)
Dusknoir x3 (two shadow command, one spirit pulse)
Dusknoir lv.X x1
Uxie x1
Gastly x3 (pitch dark)
Haunter x3 (smog)
Gengar x3 (fainting spell_
Sableye x2

Trainers:
Rare Candy x3
Moon light stadium x1
Premier ball x2
Roseanne's Research x3
Bebe's Search x2
Team Galactica's Mars x2
Buck's Training x1
Luxury Ball x1
Potions x2
Poke Healer+ x2
Poke Drawer+ x4

Energy:
Phycic x15:psychic:

i put the first attack in () for the pokemon so ya know wich ones i used

ok the way this deck works is to get the l.v x out asap and gengar fully powered along with other duscknoirs and destroy the enemy muhahaha

now i DONT HAVE ANY CLAYDOLS, i dont have much of a variety of trainers and i cant get any more rare candys. and dont have any more fairys and no :unknown-g. i would like to know what my chances should be with this kinda deck for cities tomarrow in Ashland OR.

If you're in a lower age division, you could pull it off. However, especially since you're running TWO main lines that need to come out as fast as possible for maximum effectiveness, I'd suggest running something else if the trainers are really going to be an issue.

Duskul x3(one tackle,one silhouette,one counting song) - First off, you have no reason NOT to run four Duskull, especially considering your limited tutoring capabilitiez. Every Duskull that isn't a counting song Duskull should be replaced with the SW86 one - since you don't have (many) rare candies, you undeniably NEED the speed of reaper cloth.

Dusclops x3 (confuse ray) - Again, going off the fact that speed is good, consistency is good, and you don't have a playset of Rare Candies, I would drop these three for SF34. It has Dark One-Eye, which importantly can hit for one , which is far superior (and faster) than the Confuse Ray One. Yes, the other's three-energy attack is more powerful, but such a situation where you'd be using that attack probably is disfavorable for a plethora of reasons, and SHOULD be far less common than attacking with a T1 Dusclops.

I would drop the Sableye. First off, this isn't a deck that needs a set starter. You have a great start in Ghastly (Pitch Dark) and a great start in Duskull (Dusclops/Psychic Energy --> Dark One Eye, go), neither of which are terribly hard to pull off.

Now, here's other cards I would pull out:
-2 Team Galactic's Mars
-1 Buck's Training
-2 Potions
-2 Poke Healer +
-2 Energy

That's nine open spots. I would try and put in:
4 Pokedex
4 PokeRadar
1 Cynthia's Feelings

As cards I generally recommend to decks with limited resources, all are fairly cheap monetarily and decent enough at what they do.

Later on, I would definitely aim for another Moonlight Stadium, you absolutely NEED the last Rare Candy, and bumping up the Bebe's count has never hurt anyone. And of course you recognize Uxie, Unown G, and Claydol. Side note: if you get your build consistent enough, you can run a 1-1 Claydol - keeps you from drawing into that second Baltoy late-game and also, again, easier on the budget.

ok those are realy good ideas and thanks but ive ran into a bit of a problem. i dont have the duskulls that i should other wise i'd put the inther i know of only one person who does and he's useing it and could you explain a little bit more why the other dusclops is better i dont think i understand. obtw im in the masters division. and with the trainers i never did have good luck with those but maybe you could explain how i should use them in coordination to my deck should i also put in another gastly?

ok i scrounged around in my other deck and was able to get 2 more bebe's and 1 last rare candie and a cynthias so my trainers i belive will work i changed the dusclops like ya sujested and i still need a lil convinceing but i see lil bit of your point. and i search through my cards and put in another duskul with willow wisp and replaced the one with takle with disable hopeing that might work to.

Last edited:
ok those are realy good ideas and thanks but ive ran into a bit of a problem. i dont have the duskulls that i should other wise i'd put the inther i know of only one person who does and he's useing it and could you explain a little bit more why the other dusclops is better i dont think i understand. obtw im in the masters division. and with the trainers i never did have good luck with those but maybe you could explain how i should use them in coordination to my deck should i also put in another gastly?

Okay, well, if your card store sells singles at a reasonable price (I wouldn't pay much over a dollar for three SW Duskull) then you should buy some next time you go, otherwise, hit up eBay, or try and trade.

The SF34 Dark One Eye Dusclops is better because it only requires one energy to use an attack, Dark One Eye, which hits for 20. Ideally, you play a Duskull, bump it up to Dusclops, pop an energy on him, and attack. The other one requires two energies to use an attack, and with Rare Candy and SW Duskull, you don't really want to have him as a Dusclops with two energy if you can help it. (Plus, the attack's only any better if you flip heads)

By running the SF34 over the SF35, it gives you an attack to use T1 before you evolve to Dusknoir T2.

I use PokeRadars first, as soon as I can, so either T1 if I go second, or T2, if I go first. The quicker I play my Poke Radar, the more likely I am to draw something (as I will not have tutored Pokemon out of my deck yet). It's a decent card when it nabs you something worthwhile, and it's great when you get what you want. I find it works really well for me, and I run 21 Pokemon.

The Pokedex is to help you, but mainly, it's deck thinning. You dig a little deeper for the answer you need - it's not the best, but it's the best alternative you have readily available to a better Claydol/Uxie deployment.

No, Gengar's a smaller line in your deck, at least how I perceive things, so you've no real need to go above a 3-3-3 (and I'd drop down to 3-2-3 once you get 4 Rare Candies). You want 4 Duskull, 3 Ghastly, esp. if you can get the three SW Duskull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back