Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Gengar Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePal0314

Hey there everyone.
PokePal0314 here.

So, around two years ago, I began playing the Pokemon TCG. I played for all of, 2 months I'd say. Then, for some reason, I stopped going to League. This March, I got back into it though. Now that I'm back into playing, I see no reason why I could have ever stopped.

So, now that we have a little tidbit of information about myself, we can get down to business.

I recently was opening some boxes of Pokemon cards I ordered online, and while I was opening them, I got amazing pulls. One that caught my attention was Gengar Lv. X.

So, I made a Gengar Lv. X deck, and, wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions or comments on it, or how I can make it better.

The Pokemon I have in it are:
(18)

4 - Gastly SF
3 - Haunter AR
2 - Gengar SF
1 - Gengar AR
1 - Gengar Lv. X Ar
3 - Crobat G
2 - Hoothoot GS
2 - Noctowl GS

Trainers/Supporters/Stadium
(33)

2 - Looker's Investigation
2 - Super Scoop Up
3 - Poke Turn
3 - Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 - Pokemon Communication
2 - Plus Power
2 - Professor. Oak's Visit
2 - Bebe's Search
2 - Professor. Oak's New Theory
2 - Moomoo Milk
2 - Rare Candy
2 - Expert Belt
1 - Engineer's Adjustments
1 - Pokemon Reversal
1 - Energy Returner
1 - Copycat
1 - Life Herb
1 - Bench Shield
1 - Broken Time Space

Energy:
(9)

Psychic Energy

I know, I know....33 T/S/S...It's a whole lot, but it works for me, or at least I think it does.

The main strategy of the deck is to hopefully get a Gastly at the start, and use Pitch Dark, for no energy, and the fact that it prevents your opponent from using any trainers during their next turn, helps out at the start. Then, on the second turn, drop a Haunter, and use a Poke Comm, to get out Gengar SF. Then, start building up the bench. Drop some Crobat's, then use the Poke Turn's to flash bite again, etc. I'm sure you can see how the deck works.

So, are there any suggestions/comment to be made about it?

It's my first post, so, forgive me if I post it in the wrong category, or any other mistakes I've made.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this, and a big thanks to those who reply. :)

I'd drop the 2-2 Noctowl. I'ts not really consistent. Also, you want to use 3/4 Spiritomb from Arceus. It prevents both players from using trainers, and it's attack (for no energy) lets you evolve your bench. Granted, you'll have to change your T/S/S line a lot.

^ agreed

if you are building the deck for pre-rotation, then I'd take out the 2-2 Noctowl for a 2-2 Claydol GE

then maybe:

-1 Life Herb
-2 MooMoo Milks
-1 Engineer

+4 Spiritomb AR

If you want it to be post rotation, ignore the rest:

-2 Plus Power
-2 Prof. Oak's Visit

+4 Roseanne's Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back