Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Professorship expired a month early!

Scyther_trainer

edit: Profs! See the explanation from POP in post #3 before replying to the this thread.

Last week I received an email like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Name],

According to our records, your membership to the Professor Program will expire on April 4, 2005. If you would like to remain in the Professor Program, please complete the following steps:

* Go to op.pokemon-tcg.com and log in to your My Pokémon account.
* Go to the Professor section in your My Pokémon account and click the Professor Exam link.
* Take the Professor Exam.

If you answer at least 80% of the questions correctly, you will be enrolled in the Professor Program for another year. If you answer fewer than 80% of the questions correctly, you will be required to wait 14 days to retake the exam. Should you answer less than 80% of the questions correctly again, you will be removed from the Professor Program on April 4, 2005.

Thank you,
Pokémon Organized Play

ok, so I had about 1 month to re-take the test. I hadn't done that yet, but hey, it's only 3/8.

Then I received this message today:

[My Name],

We regret to inform you that your membership in the Professor Program has expired.Any unfulfilled Professor Rewards orders have been canceled. All outstanding credits will be automatically redeemed for the most current Pokémon TCG boosters in the Professor Rewards store; these will be shipped at the beginning of next month.If you choose to, you can become a Professor again by retaking the Professor Exam.

Thank you for your participation in the Professor Program,
Pokémon Organized Play

:confused:

What's up this that?

I've been a Professor since the beginning of the program.
I run a league and I am a TO running about 1 Modified Tourney a Month.

I am upset.. :mad: :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is already being discussed on the POP Professor Forums, which probably is the best place to do so since nothing can really come of posting about it here...

'mom

Announcement from the POP Professor Forum page:

Expiring/Expired Professor Roles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may have received multiple emails saying that your professor role will expire on 4/4/2005. You should have only received one email and we are working on correcting that problem. You now have access to take the professor test. If you are having problems taking the professor test, please email it to [email protected].

Some of you also may have also received an email stating your professor role has expired. This was a mistake and you are still a professor until 4/4/2005. Please double check your professor points order to make sure it has not been modified.

If you have any questions or comments, please send an email to [email protected].

Thanks,
Eric

Webmaster
Pokémon Organized Play

BDS

You also might want to check to see if you are still a league leader as well. Mine was missing until I sent an email about it. I couldn't access my league at all to upload players, or view my previous orders. Now it's back of course.

On a side note, reports can be submitted on Saturday, and new orders filed.

Scyther_trainer said:
I went to my My Pokemon account and it says I'm not a professor.

They fixed that (again, as in for the second time in as many days).

All prematurely "expired" professors should find that they are professors again. Go take the test, now that things seem to have stabilized (I did)...

Actually no, it messed with my professor thing and my g/f's too. We became professors in October and November, but it shows that our's expire in April, and our test scores are gone.

:biggrin:i had a problem with my account too...but now my account is fixed with my correct score too ^_^ thanks :thumb: i was a kinda a little worried when i saw april 4 for a little bit, :redface:

Last edited:
a_shy_girl_1999 said:
:biggrin:i had a problem with my account too...but now my account is fixed with my correct score too ^_^ thanks :thumb: i was a kinda a little worried when i saw april 4 for a little bit, :redface:

Honey I was refering to you in my post, so they should know. No biggy.

homeofmew said:
I was professorized in Febuary and it expired
I donno what happened

If you have not been active since february then your account may have expired you will need to re-take the test and keep active or your account will expire again.

I'm starting to get the e-mails again asking me to retake the test. I thought professors that passed the first time would be in for a few years, but I'm getting the test e-mail already. I already judged two tournaments in the last month, so why is this supposed to happen?

No, everyone is just in for a year before they have to retake the test, no matter how many times you failed the exam beforehand.

The month before your professorship expires, the exam opens for you to use again. If you're relatively quick about retaking the test, you can have 2 attempts at repassing the test.

Back