Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

my take on Mew-EX/Empoleon/Terrakion

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is another one of those really obvious decks, seeing as I googled "empoleon/mew-ex" and got 9 results on the first page full of this sort of stuff.

Pokemon: 15

2-2 Musharna NEX
2-1-2 Empoleon
2 Mew-EX
2 Terrakion
2 Tornadus-EX

T/S/S: 33

2 Super Rod
2 Rare Candy
2 SAB
3 Communication
3 Switch
3 Random Receiver
3 SSU
3 Pluspower
4 Catcher
2 Juniper
3 Skyla
3 N

Energy: 12

4 Blend Energy WLFM
4 DCE
4 Prism

^ Enhanced Hammer is death!!!

So the strategy is to set up Your field so that Mew-EX can take advantage of Attack Command and/or Blow Through/Power Blast. The optimal field would be SAB in play, a Mew-EX active, with 2 Musharna, an Empoleon, a Tornadus-EX, and a Terrakion benched. This would allow for constant output of minimum 70 damage each turn, easily more with Retaliate, power blast or attack command, depending on however many Pokemon your opponent has in play.

Musharna and Empoleon are included because they drastically increase the number of cards that enter your hand, and because of this, bianca is not included. Musharna's Forewarn Ability allows you to look at the top 2 cards of your deck, choose one, and put the other one on the bottom. Empoleon's Diving Draw lets you discard a card from your hand and allows you to draw an additional 2. With the setup I described, that's 5 cards each turn, so getting the right cards in your hand shouldn't be too much of a problem.

oh yeah, translations:

Mew-EX – Psychic – HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Versatile
This Pokemon can use the attacks of all Pokemon in play as its own. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)

[P] Replace: Choose as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like, then reattach them to your Pokemon in any way you like.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Blend Energy WLFM – Special Energy

This card provides 1 [C] Energy. As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides either [W], [L], [F], or [M] Energy, but only 1 Energy at a time.

Skyla - Trainer - Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

translations courtesy of Pokebeach (first 2) and Bulbapedia.

Why Musharna without Ether? Why Musharna WITH Empoleon? Empoleon has the best drawpower in the format, while Musharna is best paired with Ether. I'd get rid of Musharna and max out the Empoleon line at 4-1-4.

Also, Tornadus EX is pretty unnecessary, and gives ZekEels an even better matchup vs Empoleon. Mew EX won't help, either, because most ZekEels players play around 2 Mewtwo in their deck, and they can OHKO Mew even when Mew has only 1 energy for Attack Command. I'd take ou the Tornadus EX for 2 more Rare Candy, and lower the Skyla count to 2 for an extra Terrakion. Take out the DCE for water and Prism for 2 Fighting and 2 Exp. Share, so you can better guarantee a retaliate KO

Why would ur main attacker be mew EX? He is one shorted by zekrom, has a psychics weakness. Above all that why would u want to set up a stage 2 as a bench sitter that is going to bench sit, especially with a heavy catcher format!

Why Musharna without Ether? Why Musharna WITH Empoleon? Empoleon has the best drawpower in the format, while Musharna is best paired with Ether. I'd get rid of Musharna and max out the Empoleon line at 4-1-4.

Also, Tornadus EX is pretty unnecessary, and gives ZekEels an even better matchup vs Empoleon. Mew EX won't help, either, because most ZekEels players play around 2 Mewtwo in their deck, and they can OHKO Mew even when Mew has only 1 energy for Attack Command. I'd take ou the Tornadus EX for 2 more Rare Candy, and lower the Skyla count to 2 for an extra Terrakion. Take out the DCE for water and Prism for 2 Fighting and 2 Exp. Share, so you can better guarantee a retaliate KO

You're right, Empoleon's way better than Musharna. Your suggestions are way better than what I had originally, so I'll be using them if they work as well as I think they might. I've been trying to fit in exp share but I guess the solution has been right in front of me, as usual -_-' . Thanks for the help!

---------- Post added 06/30/2012 at 08:50 PM ----------

Why would ur main attacker be mew EX? He is one shorted by zekrom, has a psychics weakness. Above all that why would u want to set up a stage 2 as a bench sitter that is going to bench sit, especially with a heavy catcher format!

Mew-EX is not quite a main attacker, more like a tech. Empoleon/Terrakion is definitely going to be used for attacking much of the time.

Woah what? What set is it in??

---------- Post added 07/05/2012 at 09:49 AM ----------

Oh ic. Well we probably aren't getting that until cities so idk.

This is My decklist for empoleon

Pokemon-17

4-1-4 Empoleon
4 Terrakion
2 Virizion
2 Mew Ex { Bw5}

Trainer - 31

4 Cheren
3 N
3 Pro. Juniper

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy
4 Exp Share
2 Pokemon Communication
2 Random Reciever
2 Switch
2 Plus Power
1 Super Rod

Energy- 12

5 Water Energy
7 Fighting Energy

and whats SAB

Here's my list:

Pokemon: 14
3 Empoleon
1 Prinplup
3 piplup
2 Mew-EX
2 Terrakion
2 Tornadus-EX
1 Rayquaza-DEX

T/S/S: 34*
4 Juniper
4 N
4 Bianca
4 Pluspower
4 Catcher
4 Ultra Ball
3 Rare Candy
3 Eviolite
2 Big Cloak
2 Switch

Energy: 12
4 Prism Energy
4 Blend Energy WLFM
4 Water Enegy

Uh, not entirely sure what DEX means for Raquaza.

I am assuming EX is meant, but not entirely sure... A little confused.

I feel like a lot of empoleon decks are rather complicated. And people who post new decklists, even if it's only a few changes, should outline the changes in the strategy. We're not making a whole new strategy here, but IDK how exactly you plan to use that Virizion or those Mew EX, for example.
I feel like If you've got the empoleon, you may as well use it so you don't give up 2 prizesh with it.
Also as you said Enhanced Hammer is Death, I like Timms trainers and energy but his pokemon confuse me a widde.

I feel like a lot of empoleon decks are rather complicated. And people who post new decklists, even if it's only a few changes, should outline the changes in the strategy. We're not making a whole new strategy here, but IDK how exactly you plan to use that Virizion or those Mew EX, for example.
I feel like If you've got the empoleon, you may as well use it so you don't give up 2 prizesh with it.
Also as you said Enhanced Hammer is Death, I like Timms trainers and energy but his pokemon confuse me a widde.

DEX=Dragons Exalted I would assume

3/1/3 line for empoleon I think should be the standard. Mew ex is like using empoleons attack as a different weakness like to kill other mewtwos with one energy. Terrakion combats zekrom. Tornadus ex is just a blend Pokemon in being flexible for the deck. Rayquaza should be DRX mistyped. He should be an obvious tech card.

This is My decklist for empoleon

Pokemon-17

4-1-4 Empoleon
4 Terrakion
2 Virizion
2 Mew Ex { Bw5}

Trainer - 31

4 Cheren
3 N
3 Pro. Juniper

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy