Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on My Take on Z/P/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
During testing, I realized that my previous deck, Reshiboar, wasn't for me. So after exploring my binder for a bit, I decided to try using Zekrom instead. Been testing this list for a few days now, but I would like your opinions on it :)

Pokemon

4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
2-2 Yanmega Prime

T/S/S

3 Pokemon Collector
1 Flower Shop Lady
2 Copycat
3 Professor Juniper
3 Judge
3 Seeker
3 Switch
4 Pluspower
3 Junk Arm
3 Super Scoop Up
2 Energy Search
3 Pokemon Communication
3 Dual Ball

Energy

12 :lightning:

STRATEGY: Alright, really quick, it's really easy to look at my list and spot several notable differences from most others, like the usage of both Seeker and SSU. There is a reason for that: this list focuses more upon attaining the donk. Anyways, now into the strategy. Begin the game by either starting with Zekrom or by pulling it with a Collector along with Pachi and Shay. Use Pachi's Self Generation Poke Power to attach two :lightning: energy to it. Place down Shay and use Celebration Wind to move them onto Zekrom. Attach one more energy to Zekrom and then play a switch to move him to active if he isn't already. Then just use Bolt Strike for the almost guaranteed donk (outside of the mirror/Reshiram). Yanmega is a tech for Donphan/Babies/whatever. 'Nuff said.

you don't need to run more than 3 plus power instead I'd put a FSL or something in it's stead also energy search is nice and all but all and all IQ is better also you sacrifice so much for the yamega prime (i.e running 2 copycat and 3 judge) I don't really see how it counters Donphan like everyone says it's a minimum of a T2 setup unless you don't go first (yet you want to go first :/) if you dropped it you could still have a strong deck like this:

- 2-2 Yanmega Prime
- 2 copycat
- 3 judge
- 1 switch
- 1 plus power
- 2 energy search
- 1 Dual Ball
- 2 electric energy

+ 2/2 SEL
+ 4 cleffa
+ 1 pokemon communication
+ 1 SSU
+ 1 seeker
+ 2 IQ
+ 3 fire energy

you can use SSU and seeker to pick up cleffa once you done with it for Junk Arm and pokemon communication bait later plus SEL can OHKO donphan anytime IQ lets you get the energies you need and pokemon communication lets you draw up SEL :3

Hope I helped :D

Hmm, interesting ideas. Generally, most people use Yanmega as a Donphan counter simply because it is fast and easy to get out, it has Fighting type resistance, and you don't need any energy for it (as long if you and the opponent share the same number of cards in your hand, hence the Judge and Copycat). IMO I think that SEL is too slow and dropping electric energies to add fire would mess with my consistency too much. However, I do like the idea of adding IQ, though it would burn up my supporter for the turn. As for SSU and Seeker, I think I am fine sitting at three each. In most cases, Cleffa is an invaluable starter to most decks, but for Zekrom, it is really not needed, as it has the potential to ruin my first-turn donk. However, it is worth noting that it can effectively stall for me if I do not get the best start. Irdk about Cleffa...

Last edited:
Well, I thought a bit more about your advice, and I decided to edit my list a bit. Hope you like :)

Pokemon

4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
1 Flower Shop Lady
4 Professor Juniper
3 Seeker
3 Switch
4 Pluspower
4 Junk Arm
3 Super Scoop Up
3 Energy Search
4 Dual Ball

Energy

14 Lightning

I kinda changed my mind about Yanmega. I decided to drop it along with Judge and Copycat so I could focus on just getting a loaded Zekrom out on the field. I decided to accept the fact that I cannot win all matchups, and it is naive to think otherwise. We no longer live in the days of SP where you can tech against anything. Having run DialgaChomp for almost two years now, I remember what that feels like. Back then you could get away with it because it really didn't hurt your speed or consistency too much. However, in a deck like this where max speed it required, you have to be careful about the cards you add while trying to compensate for any weaknesses.

Last edited:
ikr..... the only thing now is your running 8 pokemon which is bad bec at the beginning of the game your draw rate is low add cleffa and maybe another shay and pachi and the deck would be good (personnaly I hoped Dialgachomp would stay until september it was my fav deck *sniffle*)

4 Zekrom
3 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
3 cleffa
1 tyrogue

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
3 Sages Training
4 Seeker
3 Switch
4 Pluspower
4 Junk Arm
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Dual Ball
3 Pokemon Reversal
1 Pokemon Circulator

Energy

15 Lightning
2 Rescue Energy

Hope that helped, helps more with being more consistent also a little added extra to help with mid-late game if you don't get the bang off in time. I call this Donkruption.

Hmm, I like the changes. Unfortunately though, I only have two Pachi, and I didn't feel like buying another. That's why I maxed out Collector and Dual Ball. I could definitely add the Cleffa though. Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that if we get Pokemon Catcher next set, then I will switch out Reversals for those.

Pokemon

4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
3 Cleffa

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Juniper
4 Seeker
3 Switch
4 Pluspower
4 Junk Arm
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Dual Ball
2 Sage's Training

Energy

15 Lightning
2 Rescue

I did change most of the things that you recommended, but I wanted to keep Juniper in here so I had to cut out a few cards.

yanmega is a terrible card and even worse if its to counter donphan. SEL is way better as said previously. I like the idea of 1 tyrogue, very handy for that t1ko

Hmm, I like the changes. Unfortunately though, I only have two Pachi, and I didn't feel like buying another. That's why I maxed out Collector and Dual Ball. I could definitely add the Cleffa though. Oh yeah, one thing I forgot to mention is that if we get Pokemon Catcher next set, then I will switch out Reversals for those.

Pokemon

4 Zekrom
2 Pachirisu
2 Shaymin
3 Cleffa

T/S/S

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Juniper
4 Seeker
3 Switch
4 Pluspower
4 Junk Arm
2 Super Scoop Up
2 Dual Ball
2 Sage's Training

Energy

15 Lightning
2 Rescue

I did change most of the things that you recommended, but I wanted to keep Juniper in here so I had to cut out a few cards.

Get rid of the Junipers, run 3 PONT and 1 more Sages. You'll need the 3rd pachi sooner then later.

---------- Post added 06/27/2011 at 06:27 PM ----------

^ you left out PONT or Juniper either one of those cards is kinda a must in ZPS as a hand refresh is very nice

Yea I just noticed that.

^ you don't really need it since your energy line is already good and it's not worth the drop but it would help if your hand is unlucky..... so I'd test the list as it is and if it seems to need a better energy pull rate add IQ :)

Alright guys, over the last few days, I've been thinking about teching in the Archeops that was announced in Japan's next set. With it's ability, Prehistoric Power, it restricts the opponent from evolving any of his or her pokemon. This card can be a huge game-changer and could potentially change the match ups against DonChamp, ReshiBoar/Flow, and Magneboar to winning games in my favor. I would like to add a consistent line so that I may may be able to get it out if I need to, and I was hoping that you guys may be able to help me with that :)

---------- Post added 07/04/2011 at 03:04 PM ----------

Archeops HP-130
Stage 1- Evolves from Archen

Ability: Prehistoric Power
While this Pokemon is in play, no player can play a Pokemon from their hand to evolve his or her Pokemon

[R][R][C] Rock Slide: 60 damage. Choose two of your opponent's benched Pokemon. This attach does 10 damage to each of them.

Weakness: Grass
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

hey that's not a bad idea ;)

but as much as it helps you need to be careful if the opponent goes first there's a good chance they'll get a donphan or something out before you can evolve

also you have to run things that you wouldn't otherwise run such as PETM to get archeops out there pokeball might needed to be run to even if it is based on luck bec in order for it to work Archeops need to be out as soon as possible or it's almost a waste of space (not counting late game evo's as ZPS is best in like the first 4 turns.......)

overall I think it's a great idea and it might be worth it but if your gonna add it to you deck run 4 pokemon communication this will help alot to make room for this and a line of archeops you might have to drop Dual Ball, Sage's Training, and Rescue energy :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back