Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My unofficial goodbye to Pokemon...

RaNd0m

Okay, I'm really sorry to start one of these threads. However, I have too many friends in this game to simply want to vanish.

That being said, I'm vanishing now.

This game has meant so much to me in the past few years. I've grown up with it... it's been there as I've gone through some very tough times. But now I'm graduated, heading in a new direction, and this game isn't involved in my chosen path.

Gaming wise, I'm becoming very involved with poker. I've been playing for more than a year now, and in the last couple months my game has really clicked. I've made over $2k in the past month in tournament winnings alone, and I plan on using poker as a replacement for an additional job for the summer. In reality, poker has probably replaced Pokemon for me.

I've been known for taking long breaks and falling behind on the metagame, and this time I think I've fallen too far. I really don't have the financial ability nor the parental support to continue taking road trips for Pokemon events, and unfortunately that leaves me with no other choice.

I want to thank everyone who has been here for me on these forums. You're all a great group of people... and I'm never going to forget this game, or the people inside it.

Special thank yous:

Meganium45: Vince, you're a rock star. I've had so much fun at your events. There are two different types of Pokemon tournaments... there's a tournament, and then there's a TOURNAMENT... obviously the latter would be one run by you! Keep up the good work, man. I'll see you around sometime.

Croconaw88: You're my best friend in this game, no doubt. We've had quite a few key matches in our "careers", and it's been great. Of course, I'll continue to see you on the poker scene.

Ness: You've always kind of been an inspiration to me. You're a funny guy, and you're an outstanding player. You made me want to become a better player.

And everyone else I'm forgetting: I love you all, and I don't need to single out anybody else. You know who you are, you know what you've done for me, and you're all great.

I'm going to cry. I think. Okay yeah I am. :rolleyes:

Maybe while I'm in college (I'll be at Augustana) I'll make a 3 month comeback... but that'll at least be a couple years away.

So in conclusion, thanks guys. Thanks for the memories.

~ RaNd0m
[email protected] <--- talk to me!

once a gamer, always a gamer. you may not play competitively, but you still have unlimited. it sukes you have to go, that is always true, but pokemon will never leave you(wow, that rymed)

anyway, you dont have to play a lot, or even modified, you have unlimited,and with that, you dont loose much from a long break!you will be back, i am sure of it.

RaNd0m said:
Gaming wise, I'm becoming very involved with poker. I've been playing for more than a year now, and in the last couple months my game has really clicked. I've made over $2k in the past month in tournament winnings alone, and I plan on using poker as a replacement for an additional job for the summer. In reality, poker has probably replaced Pokemon for me.

Ness: You've always kind of been an inspiration to me. You're a funny guy, and you're an outstanding player. You made me want to become a better player.
~ RaNd0m
[email protected] <--- talk to me!

GL, In Ur Future... However, Dont Use Ness to make u better player while playing him at poker... U may lose ur money instead of gaining it... :lol:
He did win the Gencon Poker Tourney... :eek:

Drew

I really don't have the financial ability...to continue taking road trips for Pokemon events, and unfortunately that leaves me with no other choice.

Given your poker winnings, I won't even ask.

Another goodbye topic! Haven't you quit once before?

Anyway, good luck at college! I know it seems like a big step now, but I promise you that when looking back to it in a year or two you'll find that college didn't change life that much after all. I bet you'll still be able to play the game even when you go to college, but that's of course your choice.

RaNd0m said:

I best remember you from the strange-smelling plastic tent outside the hotel in San Diego in 2001. You, I and your sister were the first people who came to the tent, and you and I playtested a number of games because there was nobody else around. I remember you were a true Ness fanboy and kept expressing how excited you were of the thought that Ness was supposed to come to the tent later that night. XD

Anyway, good luck with your life from now on from a stranger you probably can't remember at all. :D

Don't worry, if you're like me, you'll:
1. Still lurk every once in a while
2. Figure out some way to return back onto the scene.

:D

Back