Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My version of GG(DP-on)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosKnuckles

I was just trying some different Dp-on ideas, and came across GG. So I worked with it for a little while and this is what I came up with: (note: I have not played GG or PLOX all season, so there will probably be some mistakes in there)

GG(DP-on)

Pokemon(23)

4x Groudon(LA)

4x Ralts
3x Kirlia
2x Gallade
3x Gadevior
1x Gardy Lv.X

2x Baltoy
2x Claydol

1x Duskull(DP)/Beldum(LA)
------------------------
1x Dusknior(DP)/Metagross(LA)

Trainers(21)
3x Roseanna's
4x Bebe's
4x Rare Candy
4x POV
4x Warp Point
2x NM

Energy(16)
4x Call
4x Psychic
7x Fighting
1x Multi
(Yes I know the energy line is weird, but I'm just trying out different ideas right now)

Strat: So when I was thinking of the way to make GG DP-on, I came across 2 diferent energy exceleraters. Togekiss: This is good cause it alows you to get all energy in one turn, but it takes up alot of room and prevents you from playing techs. Groudon(LA): This is good and can get your Gallade/Gardevior up by turn 3, but it requires Warp to be played and sometimes its hard to get 2 psychic on Gardy Lv.X to use Bringdown. Well you want to try to start with Groudon and get 2 fighting energy on a Ralts. Then attach the Psychic, Warp(Which can really put your opponent into a difficult decision so early on), evolve to Gardy/Gallade, and attack. I prefer to get a few quick prizes with Gallade, then finish with some Psychic locks and Bringdowns. The deck still takes like 5 min turns when you use every thing you can. It gets set-up 60% of the time without much diffculty. The main reason I posted this is because I need help on the trainer line, not that it doesn't work but I know it can be better.

Translation for Groudon, Beldum, and Metagross *Thanks Pokebeach* :

Groudon LV.45 – Fighting – HP100
Basic Pokemon

[.] Drought: Attach up to 2 Basic Fighting Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.
[F][F][C] Huge Quake: 100 damage. Discard 2 Fighting Energy attached to Groudon and do 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: Lightning (-20)
Retreat: 3

Beldum LV.9 – Steel – HP50
Basic Pokemon

Poke-Power: Metal Chain
You can use this Power once during your turn, when you attach a Metal Energy from your hand to this Pokemon. Search your deck for a Beldum and play it on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, or if Energy is attached as an effect of an attack or Poke-Power.

[M][C] Take-down: 30 damage. Beldum does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness: Fire (+10)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

Metagross LV.58 – Steel – HP120
Stage 2 – Evolves from Metang

Poke-Power: Magnetic Reversal
You can use this Power once during your turn. Flip a coin, if heads choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon and switch it with your opponent's Active Pokemon. This Power can't be used if this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition.

[M][C][C] Meteor Mash: 50 damage. If Metagross uses Meteor Mash during your next turn, the base damage is 100 instead of 50.

Weakness: Fire (+30)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 3

In my opinion, G&G's dead after the rotation, what with the loss of D.R.E., etc. Also, what's the real purpose of Metagross in the deck? And why are there more Pokemon than Trainers??? not good...

^ Lol before I tested this I thought the same thing. But after testing I've found that this deck can still compete and win. It just isn't as dominant and won't be played as much. And without DRE and Scramble it doesn't have as many options, having 2 attackers charged is rare. It can beat much easier than the HP-on version, but not as easily as you think. And don't forget Gardy can use my opponents suporters too. And people please only post if you have fixes or ideas, don't if your just going to tell me it not going to work. I know its not as good as the HP-on version, but it still can be very frustrating to play against. Yes it works and can set-up, I have tried it. [Edit] Metagross is in there for his power. It lets me choose what to attack 50% of the time.

Last edited:
^ Lol before I tested this I thought the same thing. But after testing I've found that this deck can still compete and win. It just isn't as dominant and won't be played as much. And without DRE and Scramble it doesn't have as many options, having 2 attackers charged is rare. It can beat much easier than the HP-on version, but not as easily as you think. And don't forget Gardy can use my opponents suporters too. And people please only post if you have fixes or ideas, don't if your just going to tell me it not going to work. I know its not as good as the HP-on version, but it still can be very frustrating to play against. Yes it works and can set-up, I have tried it. [Edit] Metagross is in there for his power. It lets me choose what to attack 50% of the time.

May I ask which decks you have beaten with this and how many turns does it take for you to get setup?

I have tested against a Kingdra, Scepterra, and a Hp-on GG. It takes on average 3-4 turns to set-up if I start with Groudon, if I don't 4+ turns to set-up on average. Its very beatable, but it isn't a walk in the park like everyone thinks it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back