Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

My Version of Team Galactic's Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaiGuy

I went to the Platinium Prelease today and got great pulls. I decided to trade for a lot of Galactic Pokemon and Trainers. And I thougt of this deck.

4 Honchkrow G - Pt
4 Crobat G - Pt
2 Uxie - LA
1-0-1 Ampharos - Pt
=12

4 Sp. Dark
5 B. Dark
2 Psychic
1 Lightining
=12

4 Poke Turn
4 Energy Gain
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Looker's Investigation
4 Quick Ball
1 Luxury Ball
4 Pokemon Rescue
4 Power Spray
2 Galactic HQ
2 Snowpoint Temple
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
1 Super Scoop Up
=36

EDIT
Strategy - Attach a Energy Gain to Honchkrow G so you can use Target Attack for 1 Darkness Energy. Crobat G is there so you can shut off Powers for Ampharos or help set up a KO with Honchkrow G.

Last edited:
The only glitch i can find with this deck is that late game, you'll have next to no power. Here is what I would do, to give your deck a little more power.

-2 Galactic HQ
-4 Quick Ball
-2 Honchkrow G (Crobat combines more with Amphy then Krow)
+4 Bucks
+4 PlusPower

I do like starting with Honchkrow though. I have always won with it before I got that far late game. Cause with their Powers LOCKed they can't recover.

I was thinking of adding in Pluspower but there is no way I am getting rid of Quick Ball. I would have liteally no search.
Plus do you even know what Team Galactic HQ does? It really helps set up Target Attack for Honchkrow G.

I do like starting with Honchkrow though. I have always won with it before I got that far late game. Cause with their Powers LOCKed they can't recover.

I was thinking of adding in Pluspower but there is no way I am getting rid of Quick Ball. I would have liteally no search.
Plus do you even know what Team Galactic HQ does? It really helps set up Target Attack for Honchkrow G.

Yes i do know what Team Galactic HQ does, but your opponent may not decide to play any evolved forms until they get a stadium in play.

As for the Pluspower, it was either Quick Ball, Cyrus' Conspiracy. You also want max Scoop Ups and Poketurns.

The Honchkrow vs Crobat. Honchkrow causes spread to everything, but say your opponent has 6 Pokemon with Powers, it takes 6 turns to disable all of them. Crobat, when combined with Scoop Ups and Poketurns, can to damage to all of them, thanks to Crobats way of dealing damage is its Power. Both however lose vs Dialga G Lv. X, but so does everything so I'm not counting that.

Yes i do know what Team Galactic HQ does, but your opponent may not decide to play any evolved forms until they get a stadium in play.

As for the Pluspower, it was either Quick Ball, Cyrus' Conspiracy. You also want max Scoop Ups and Poketurns.
I do want to max Super Scoop Ups but I hate how they are so flippy. But I can pick up Uxie.

The Honchkrow vs Crobat. Honchkrow causes spread to everything, but say your opponent has 6 Pokemon with Powers, it takes 6 turns to disable all of them. Crobat, when combined with Scoop Ups and Poketurns, can to damage to all of them, thanks to Crobats way of dealing damage is its Power.
I am playing both so I use Crobat's Poke-Power to place 1 damage counter on one of their Pokemon. Then I use Honchkrow's Attack to hit them for 40. So both of them work together. Not against each other. And Ampharos is just there for disruption. If they have 6 Pokemon in play with 'Powers then I would only use Crobat's Power on the Pokemon with useful Powers. I wouldn't waste it on an Uxie.

Both however lose vs Dialga G Lv. X, but so does everything so I'm not counting that.
How do they lose to Dialga G LV.X? It only stops Ampharos, I would try to KO it before they Level Up.

Okay. I thought you were using both Honchkrow and Crobat for spread. But what happens if your opponent has more then 2 claydol, they can still use cosmic power a lot and ca use TSD or NM to restore the ones that you KOed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bippa201 View Post
Both however lose vs Dialga G Lv. X, but so does everything so I'm not counting that.
How do they lose to Dialga G LV.X? It only stops Ampharos, I would try to KO it before they Level Up

That is hard to do when Dialga has 100 HP and you're dishing out 40. It would take 3 turns to KO it, and by then they should have the Lv. X in their hand. And then, Amphy loses its power, your opponent can use their powers.

I'm not trying to by rude about this at all. I'm just pointing out some problems, that from my perspective, and try to fix them.

I am using them for spread... Plus who plays more then 2 Claydol's? And I wouldn't KO them anyway so they just take up bench space. Plus I play Power Spray...

I can hit 10 from Crobat G + 40 from Honchkrow G and I can do it again most likely next turn for a 2HKO.

And don't really care if they play Dialga G LV.X either. It will go down...

you might want to squeeze in a 1-1 or a 2-2 aerodactyl to stop powers after they use them or bronzong (majestic dawn) to hit all your opponent's pokemon that has poke powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back