Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Myst's Trading Post - Looking to build 2011-2012 Modified (Update: 04/20/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysterioustrainer

Greetings everyone, name's Myst, from Wyoming and I have decided to return to the Pokemon TCG after a very long 5-year hiatus (since my last participation in an official event). Reasoning for my return, well that would take to long to explain, but realistically with the release of Black&White imminent. I figured if I am ever getting back into this game now is the time (even if I did just get laid-off from my most recent job). Lol.

Anyways, I am looking to start re-building a collection of cards from sets that I believe will be legal in the 2011-2012 Tournament Season, according to my local PTO, he recommends I stick with only HS and BW sets until the official word comes out from Play Pokemon. So that is just what I intend to do. Right now here is the general guidelines to what I am looking for in exchange for my trade stock:

I am looking for only regular (non-parafoil cards) from any HeartGoldSoulSilver series or Black&White set. This means that the one Parafoil card you find in each booster pack is going to not for me. I am collecting cards to use in battle. Since I am myself I will collect up to 4 of any card (unless gameplay rules restrict the number of cards of that particular in a deck [i.e. Pokemon-Star or Shining Pokemon cards] which I do not know if any exist these days in the sets I am specifying [still working on building new collection lists]). I do not have interest in any form of a promotion card that has a counterpart in a specified expansion set.

Also I do not collect any cards that become outdated due to reprint, modified rotation, card errata, etc. (with the exception of basic Energy cards). And if you cannot tell, I do not want any unplayable collector cards like oversized cards.

What I will be offering typically will be mint-condition parafoils (since I will not be using them any I obtain immediately is sent to my available trade stock), in addition once I collect 4 copies any one particular card, then I will be trading off any more copies of that card (so don't except too much except for parafoils soon). In addition I have a variety of official Pokemon TCG coins available from all ages. Also any cards I some how obtain that do not meet my seek conditions above is expected to make its way here.

Availiblity
Typically all trades are available however current status of the cards are subject to update after 24 hours of any transaction. These cards will be available for local trade as well however since I will have this topic under e-mail subscription and I have a smartphone, I should read and post updates if I make a local trade. So overall, first come, first serve. I make the final call to whether a offline trade or an online trade came first. I maintain no other trading lists online. If I get multiple offers for the same item in a short period of time online. I may oversee negotiations to accept the biggest offer for the item in question.

Trading Point Values
Cards and other items in this topic will have a rank of trading point values this will allow me to get certain cards more quickly hopefully. For example the typical common card is likely to have a trading point value of 1, the uncommon 3, so I will typically three commons for a uncommon. Though of course I am perfectly open to negociations, this system will help establish a guideline for what cards I beleive are worth in comparison to other cards. A good multiple card trade is a difference of no more than 10 points in my system.

Condition
I intend to use a five tear grading scale for trading cards. PERFECT means the card is in mint condition and has not been played with. GREAT means a few nearly undectable scratches or is slightly curled and may have been played with. Both these two tiers are likely to hold the same Trade Point Value. GOOD means noticeable damage but still does not require the card to be placed in a sleeve for gameplay. ALMOST means noticeable damage but still playable but may require a sleeve. BAD means well bad, and any such card I will probably not want them nor should be seen in my trade stock (unless there is a really good reason).

To complete a trade:
The entire trade value in order for me to trade must be at least 45 points. This will help justify the cost of shipping to make a trade worth it. After all if I just did one common for another common fifty times over, I'd be hundred dollars in the whole when I can get the same amount of cards for less from booster packs.

Shipping:
Obviously since I am new, I will most likely be sending to you first. If we are tied in feedback rank, I will also send first for any trades made on my topic. If the Trade Point Value is over 40, I will most likely provide tracking on my end of the shipping, and will appriciate the same from you. All shipping from me will be done via United States Postal Service First Class unless the trade quantity exceeds 13 ounces in total weight which then I will upgrade to . Sorry I do not want to deal with international trades so United States only. Most 1 to 5 card trades will involve me placing the cards in a soft sleeve, and then placed in bubble envelope. If I think a card deserves a hard sleeve, I will probably use it. If I am sending to you first, please consider trying to reuse the bubble envelope and sleeves if they arrive in good condition.

Now that we have got the rules set lets bring out the lists. I will be getting detailed lists online soon, however let me establish the basics. I want pretty well anything from HeartGoldSoulSilver through the most current release.

HAVE LIST (Click on a name to view exact card)

How to read the HAVE list said:
So when cards here are listed on the main topic it will go by the following format:

[Name of Card] ([Expansion]-[###]/[###]-[Rarity]) - [Condition] - Value: [Trade Point Value] points - Quantity: [#]

example: Hitmontop (HeartGold&SoulSilver-5/123-Parafoil Holo) - Perfect - Value: 90 points - Quantity: 1

IN TRADE - This means the card is in the process of being traded, if for any reason the trade falls through and I get the card back, then I will repost the card up for trade. Text is strikethrough to show it is not available.

IN NEGOTIATION - This means I have received an offer and I am considering that offer but have not yet accepted yet. If you want this card, you should immediately post an offer that you think beats the previous offer. If you do I will contact the previous offerer and inform them you provided a better offer and will have 24 hours to counteroffer. This process will repeat until an offer stands and is accepted. A link to the post of the current best offer will be attached.

Please note when viewing card images, you may seek tiny specs in the image, these specs are NOT on the cards themselves its just how my scanner works these days.

Hitmontop (HeartGoldSoulSilver-5/123-Parafoil Holo) - Perfect - Value: 90 points - Quantity: 1

Mantine (HeartGoldSoulSilver-45/123-Parafoil Uncommon) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Heracross (HeartGoldSoulSilver-43/123-Parafoil Uncommon) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Clefairy (HeartGoldSoulSilver-5/123-Parafoil Common) - Perfect - Value: 10 points - Quantity: 1

Quagsire (HeartGoldSoulSilver-9/123-Parafoil Holo) - Perfect - Value: 90 points - Quantity: 1

Flaaffy (HeartGoldSoulSilver-42/123-Parafoil Uncommon) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Chikorita (HeartGoldSoulSilver-59/123-Parafoil Common) - Perfect - Value: 10 points - Quantity: 1

Pokemon Reversal (HeartGoldSoulSilver-99/123-Parafoil Uncommon) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Full Heal (HeartGoldSoulSilver-93/123-Parafoil Uncommon) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Typhlosion (HeartGoldSoulSilver-93/123-Parafoil Rare) - Perfect - Value: 30 points - Quantity: 1

Hitmonlee (Call of Legends-58/123-Parafoil Common) - Perfect - Value: 10 points - Quantity: 1

Slowking (Call of Legends-32/123-Parafoil Rare) - Perfect - Value: 30 points - Quantity: 1

Team Rocket's Trickery (Undaunted-78/90-Parafoil Rare) - Perfect - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1

Coins - Coins will not be available for local trade (too messy to transport). Unless specified each coin is legal for tournament play.

]The following coins are believed to be inappropriate for tournament play

[DEL]Light Metal Charizard Worlds 2005 Coin (Coin) - Great - Value: 90 points - Quantity: 1[/DEL] IN TRADE

[DEL]Pikachu Metal WotC Coin (Coin) - Good - Value: 15 points - Quantity: 1[/DEL] IN TRADE

WANT LIST
Here is my primary targets at this time:
Promo cards HGSS01 and higher AND not found in any HS expansion.
Call of Legend cards not found in any HS expansion (this includes commons and uncommons)

VIEW FULL DETAILED WANT LIST

I have finally completed a full list in a easy to read PDF form. Any cards that meet the above targets will be highlighted in Green on the detailed list. Any cards I do not need will be in Gray. Simple enough. Of course any items in black I am seeking, but offers that meet items in green will be given priority.

Only cards from HeartGoldSoulSilver and on. No older sets. Thanks!!

Well that everything I can give input on for now. As I said I will build a checklist which I will keep public so that people will know what I am looking for in the future. Versus other trade topics, I am sure I am probably asking for way too much of myself but I am going to see how well this flies. All Gym rules supercedes and applies to any trade.

Thanks and will appriciate any suggestions to my trade negociations.

Last edited:
My:
1x Ampharos Prime (Great)
1x Absol Prime (Great)

Your:
2x Misty's Tears JPN
2x Light Metal Rayquaza coin

Let me know how that sounds to you. Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the Gym.
I actualy collect the coins so i would be interested in every single one you have, even the ones in bad condition.
Take a look at my list and pick out what you think would be fair for all of them.
i do have 2 celebi prime not on my list that i might be willing to trade as well if you want them.

Politoed666 - Sounds like an awesome deal. I am out for lunch right now so I will get you my information via PM as soon as possible. Feel free to send your info via PM whenever.

Rubxcube- As soon as I get back, I will review the offer.

Politoed666 - Sounds like an awesome deal. I am out for lunch right now so I will get you my information via PM as soon as possible. Feel free to send your info via PM whenever.

Rubxcube- As soon as I get back, I will review the offer.
kool. i have a very busy weekend ahead so please PM me the offer and i will respond first thing monday morning

Rubxcube and Drifloon_kill, I am having trouble deciding on what would make a fair offer from your lists and now since both of you might be conflicting on the same items (in paticular the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and Metal Pikachu Coin) so see if you can muster specific offers especially cards that focus around my targets. I'd rather receive offers than try to make them because I need way too much and have so little.

Rubxcube, if you are offering the Celebi Primes, then I think between the two Celebi primes you say you have, the 1 Meganium Prime (Set not Promo), and then the Col Mismagnus and Col Snorlax. That would prove to be a balanced trade for all remaining coins except for the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and the Pikachu Metal Coin which drifloon_kill wants. If you really want Charizard Worlds 05 and Pikachu Metal coin let me know what you can offer me for it and prepare to counteroffer.

Drifloon_kill - Based on what Rubxcube wants will depend on what I can do for you. Since you were second in line, I recommend making a solid offer that meets my priorities in my want list (see above) and be ready to counteroffer. If it is just the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and the Metal Pikachu coin you are after, a single Prime card would be in the fair range.

Of course the player who offers the bigger goods will get the prize and that goes for everyone!

Rubxcube and Drifloon_kill, I am having trouble deciding on what would make a fair offer from your lists and now since both of you might be conflicting on the same items (in paticular the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and Metal Pikachu Coin) so see if you can muster specific offers especially cards that focus around my targets. I'd rather receive offers than try to make them because I need way too much and have so little.

Rubxcube, if you are offering the Celebi Primes, then I think between the two Celebi primes you say you have, the 1 Meganium Prime (Set not Promo), and then the Col Mismagnus and Col Snorlax. That would prove to be a balanced trade for all remaining coins except for the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and the Pikachu Metal Coin which drifloon_kill wants. If you really want Charizard Worlds 05 and Pikachu Metal coin let me know what you can offer me for it and prepare to counteroffer.

Drifloon_kill - Based on what Rubxcube wants will depend on what I can do for you. Since you were second in line, I recommend making a solid offer that meets my priorities in my want list (see above) and be ready to counteroffer. If it is just the Charizard Worlds 05 coin and the Metal Pikachu coin you are after, a single Prime card would be in the fair range.

Of course the player who offers the bigger goods will get the prize and that goes for everyone!
that works for me. I sent you a pm to confirm the trade

My
X1 Meganium prime
X1 Blissey prime
X2 Houndoom prime

Your
X2 misty's tears

My apologies, but these cards are currently locked in the middle of a trade. Unless the trade falls through, these cards are no longer available. Henceforth why I have it scratched out on my have list. When the trade is completed the cards will be removed from the list.

[DEL]Well I have not yet received an confirmation on a trade on two of my coins, so they are going back into the pool. Anyone can put an offer on them now.[/DEL]

EDIT: Nevermind, the trader went ahead and confirmed the offer. So now I am just down to the reverse foils for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back