Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Name for Kingdra?

Zyklon

Lots of people, including me, play Kingdra, and with so many playing a deck I think its really lame that the deck doesn't even have a real name. I want to say something like "I'm playing Hurricane" again, "I'm playing Kingdra" sounds very boring. So, have any of you got any opinions of what the name of a pretty straight Kingdra/Claydol-deck could be? An "official" name, in a way. :p

Last edited:
aqua ring
tsunami
aqua jet
water splash!
aqua shower
wash over
giant wave
splashing turn
elegant swim

??????

Just plain "Kingdra" is the best name for the deck, especially considering all it runs is Kingdra/Claydol/techs

Speedra?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just plain "Kingdra" is the best name for the deck, especially considering all it runs is Kingdra/Claydol/techs
I know that pretty much all Kingdras run the same Pokémon-line, and that's also the point. I want a name to this deck, which has (if I read the "What won BRds"-thread correctly) won most Battle Roads this season. "Kingdra" sounds boring and isn't creative at all. How often is there a dominant deck without a name, really?

How often is there a dominant deck without a name, really?
Very often?
Magmortar didn't have an official name, neither did Empzong. Lots of other archtype decks in Pokémon history were named by the Pokémon inside. Think of Metanite and Ludicargo.

Kingdra is the most simple deck in the metagame, even Groudonk needs more actions and has more different main lines. You really think such a deck deserve some special name? It would be a slap in the face for complex decks like Destiny, Rock Lock or Dark Heart and other decks who had a special name.

Call your Kingdra what you like, but accept that the official name is just Kingdra. Other good deck's don't have a name either - look at Luxray.

I just call it Kingroll'd.

But honestly, call it whatever you want. Why would you even care, really? In the end, you're still playing Kingdra.

Very often?
Magmortar didn't have an official name, neither did Empzong. Lots of other archtype decks in Pokémon history were named by the Pokémon inside. Think of Metanite and Ludicargo.

Kingdra is the most simple deck in the metagame, even Groudonk needs more actions and has more different main lines. You really think such a deck deserve some special name? It would be a slap in the face for complex decks like Destiny, Rock Lock or Dark Heart and other decks who had a special name.

Call your Kingdra what you like, but accept that the official name is just Kingdra. Other good deck's don't have a name either - look at Luxray.
I haven't said that the name can't be made from the Pokémons inside, personally I like names that's just the two main Pokés mixed. Oh, and Magmortars "official" name was Fireb TRUK.
Kingdra doesn't need a special name, but I think it needs a name. And I think the same for Luxray, too.

Speedra could work, but its a little boring that too.

Scipio: I don't only want a name for my own deck, I want a name for Kingdra in general. I see no reason to name my deck other than everyone else, because -as you said - I'm just playing Kingdra. But I want Kingdras to have a name. Still, if the majority of you think that Kingdra is just Kingdra, I'll leave it with that.

Last edited:
I have a name for a mareep deck : Amazing Graze. For Kingdra :

"I'm gonna dragon pump your butt", "Cry me a river", "Smother Mary", "Wavestorm", "I got the blues"...

Oh, and Magmortars "official" name was Fireb TRUK.
No, it wasn't. I never heard anyone in my country calling a Magmortar deck "Fire TRUK", although we use "official" names like Plox, Skittles and Destiny. "Fire TRUK" was a very special version of Magmortar and named with a username.

As I said, name your Kingdra deck what you like to, nobody will prevent you from doing. But the "official" name is Kingdra and will be Kingdra in future, the only thing you can do about is create a better version of Kingdra that gets archtype and name it - same thing happened to G&G which got a better version named Plox later.

Back