Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nano or Shuffle? Need help by tomorow!

furrymuskrat03

Hi. I know the Nano is better, but I am wondering if I had a choice:
Shuffle sometime tomorow or nano in a month or two, what should I do? I know nano is alot better, but I might have to save up a while for nano while with my ebay listings, I might make enough to get a shuffle tomorow. which should I get? ipod shuffle w/15.00 gift card at radio shack is $35 while nano is $150

Well, overall I would say go for the Nano. Remember, the Shuffle has no screen or anything, so it's kind of a hit-and-miss when trying to dig out any specific song. The Nano is more advanced (newer ones can even play video) and has a bunch of other neat applications besides just playing music.

with a shuffle, you use the little buttons on it to go forwards and backwards till u find a song. I'd go with the nano unless you love every song on ur ipod, whichever it is.

Man, for me it was between a brand spankin new nano or a brand spankin used touch. I decided to go the cheap way too, and I sure wish I didn't do that.

But in your case, just wait to get what you really want, the better one. Don't make the mistake that I did :(

I would say Nano. Shuffle is fine if your to excited to wait, but if you have the self control(no offense, I realize how awsome iPods are), then just wait and buy the Nano(and the most recent model, too!), in the long run, you be glad you did.

yeah, i am thinking about it, but am probbably just gonna go with shuffle. if i make enough off a few ebay listings(probably wont) i will go with nano. what was rong with the touch?

yeah, i am thinking about it, but am probbably just gonna go with shuffle. if i make enough off a few ebay listings(probably wont) i will go with nano. what was rong with the touch?
I never said anything was wrong with the touch. I wish I had bought one. I mean, google maps, gmail acces, safari browser, youtube videos, etc.

Heh, funny, on my subscriptions page is says this thread has 0 views. But anyway, I think in many aspects the Touch is better than either, isn't it?

Heh, funny, on my subscriptions page is says this thread has 0 views. But anyway, I think in many aspects the Touch is better than either, isn't it?

Not really. The internet service is poor and overall its way too expensive. The average person has what maybe 1,000 songs top. The Touch is pretty pointless.

I have a shuffle and the no-screen thing isnt really all that big of a problem. It does suck sometimes when your not in the mood for a certain song, but I know that if I had gotten a nano I would just constantly start a song then scroll down and find a song I would rather listen to and then scroll down and find another one and it would just go on and on.

I know its not as big of a deal but I also like the little clip on the shuffle, it has come in handy sometimes (from keeping my self from losing money/ keeping me from losing my head phones).

If you are planning to show your iPod off to your friends then get the nano, since you can get any particular song at any time. But if the iPod is mostly for you to listen to while you study or read or excersise. ( or anything else where you dont need a screen) I would say get the shuffle and save your money for something else.

yeah now i am pretty sure ill save up for a nano. how much do working used ones usually go for?
Last time I checked, a used and perfectly working 3G 4GB nano would run about $107-$120 or so. New would be $150. If you hunt around for deals, you can easily pick up a last generation iPod, especially the 2GB model much cheaper. I think a last gen would be a good choice for you since you're probably not interested in watching movies and stuff.

Not really. The internet service is poor and overall its way too expensive. The average person has what maybe 1,000 songs top. The Touch is pretty pointless.
What the heck are you talking about? The internet on it is great. It is very fast. Maybe your just using a slow connection. :confused:

why don't you check out the Sandisk Clip or Fuze....the two are ipod killers....only difference is it is not as easy to get music to device as itunes.....great reviews....alot less money than ipod

I have personally used both, and have to say that the Nano was far better. Just having the screen helps so much, it makes it alot easier to find what you want. Plus there's lots of extras on the nano that may or may not be good to have (calendar, clock, games, contacts, ect.). The shuffle is alot harder to use and requires patience to find the song you want to listen to. So overall I think the Nano is far better. Hope this helped.

I too have used both. I had the original shuffle (the one that looks like a pack of gum) and I enjoyed it at the time but then my family gave me a new Nano for Christmas and it is so much nicer and easier to use. I gave my shuffle to my now 7 year old. It is perfect it for him because we don't put much on it and he can skip pretty easily through the 20 or so songs to find what he really wants. The shuffle would hold a lot more but then you are pretty much stuck to listening in order or shuffling and not easily searching. I love the Nano because now I can keep many different playlists on it at a time and do not have to constantly change it to meet my needs. One playlist for the gym, one for relaxing, one for league, one for the car, etc. So if you want to have more options I would say to save up for a Nano. Or another option may be to get the Shuffle now if you don't have something and really want a player but to keep saving to step up to the Nano when you have enough money. Plus the old Shuffle can act as a jump drive so it could still have some use.

I disagree. I bought the 16gig touch. And I LOVE it.

So far i've put on it:

About 1400 songs
Entire 2007 world series
*******: The Movie
Buchholz no hitter
Mothers Day Miracle Game(6 run bottom of the ninth!)
75 world series game 6
Clemens 1st 20k game
World Series 2004 - game 4
2 Episodes of "24"
a few episodes of "The Shield"

The Aps are great. The internet isn't the best, but I still use it ALL THE TIME, and it's better than the internet on your ipod =]

Google Maps is sooo valuable. If i'm lost I simply pull up to a hotel or park in front of a house with an open connection and BOOM, I find out where I am/Where i'm going.

If there is a useless tool on there I'd have to say it's the weather app.

Back