Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

National Beginning Set/Keldeo Battle Strength Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
All unplayable except for Shaymin with Call for family= 2 basics after rotation.

Pretty much. 10 less HP though, but has a one energy retreat cost (which is good or bad depending on the situation) a nice alternative.

Anyway we got a lot of Sugimori art here, which is nice considering we haven't seen one in 5 Japanese sets (not including Battle decks). Unfortunately a fair amount of them are Pokemon who got art from previous generations (about 9 new ones, though some of them I'm unsure on)

One thing that puzzles me though, is that Psyducks attack translates to "Each defending Pokemon is now confused"? Each as in are they planning on bringing 2 on 2 into the mix? Could be an error, but is interesting still.

I guess they are trying to slow down the game a bit by printing sub-par cards?

Well, that just means more filler for us. And where are all the trainers? No search supporter, not even a new draw supporter...

And No special dark or metal energies either... That just makes Registeel EX even more unplayable than it already is.
Posted with Mobile style...

One thing that puzzles me though, is that Psyducks attack translates to "Each defending Pokemon is now confused"? Each as in are they planning on bringing 2 on 2 into the mix? Could be an error, but is interesting still.

Just a mistake from copy/pasting an earlier use of Dazzle Dance

There's so many cards to bring over from Japan right now... I hope our August set is really big. We're overdue after a couple of years of sets that are like 90-105 cards (minus base sets).

Bad feeling August will be filler garbage, especially with the reprints of Eviolite and Helmet

Anyway we got a lot of Sugimori art here, which is nice considering we haven't seen one in 5 Japanese sets (not including Battle decks). Unfortunately a fair amount of them are Pokemon who got art from previous generations (about 9 new ones, though some of them I'm unsure on)

All of the Sugimori art on these are the stock art from their latest main game (FRLG, HGSS, RS, DP, BW). None of them are brand new.

Doesn't this just mean psyduck and your opponents defending pokemon is confused? There is always two defending pokemon out during a match, your opponents and your own.

Also none of these cards are too exciting...

That Spinda is terrible.

That said, can anyone think of any uses for Togepi after Togekiss is rotated? I make it a point to always run Togepi decks at league.

Doesn't this just mean psyduck and your opponents defending pokemon is confused? There is always two defending pokemon out during a match, your opponents and your own.

Also none of these cards are too exciting...

My guess is if it meant that both Psyduck and your opponents defending pokemon would be confused then it'd probably be worded to the extent of "Each active pokemon is now confused."

The phrase "defending Pokemon" refers to the active Pokemon in opposition to yours (i.e. your opponents active pokemon) :thumb:

^OBVIOUSLY it's hinting at the brand new Triple Battles. (/sarcasm pleasepleaseplease don't let me be right...)

I actually like the Shaymin. It's like a better Elgyem for those who want to discard their energy rather than save it on a free retreat (like Emolga).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back