Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nationals Crime Spree

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLOW DECK

One of the posts that I wanted to make during the US Nationals was that it seemed like a bad year for Thefts. Unfortunately the gym was down. We had one of our deck's swiped in the league area, but I overheard many other stories.

Personally I know very much about not taking needless risk with cards and decks, but it happens. We all know that one part was "shame on you" for anyone naivly turning your back on strangers, but another part of me seem to over hear several "thefts" being committed against folks. I have been Nationals for several years, and this one seem to be one of the worst ones. I saw people freak out because they had entire back packs of cards swiped.

Again, I know pokemon wants to stay out of this issue, but a simple announcement that there were criminals running amok would have been nice to know.

What was other folks experience at US nationals regarding stuff being stolen, worst than prior years?

One of the posts that I wanted to make during the US Nationals was that it seemed like a bad year for Thefts. Unfortunately the gym was down. We had one of our deck's swiped in the league area, but I overheard many other stories.

Personally I know very much about not taking needless risk with cards and decks, but it happens. We all know that one part was "shame on us" for turning his back, but another part of me seem to over hear several "thefts" being committed against folks. I have been Nationals for several years, and this one seem to be one of the worst ones. I saw people freak out because they had entire back packs of cards swiped.

Again, I know pokemon wants to stay out of this issue, but a simple announcement that there were criminals running amok would have been nice to know.

Must be because of all those YGO Players coming over. Shame :(

I misplaced some of the stuff I bought prior to the tournament starting on Thursday, but nothing was stolen from me.

Though truth be told I swore I put it in my vision range so I would be able to put it into my bag, so for all I know, they were stolen.

I had a small gray bag stolen from me. Turned my back on it for a second in the Open Play room, looked back and it was gone.. I was very disappointed. (Had a lot of rare stuff like RH Zoroarks and legends and stuff :p

I agree. There should be a notice at ALL events and a campaign to educate people on how to protect their cards and just be weary that theft is always a possibility. A simple poster at events would do the trick, warning people to "Not be a victim of theft"

Alex2k-esque story...

This kid in Juniors (Llll...Levi, I think) who I had been testing with extensively the night before day 1 went 5-0. Then, his deck was stolen. So the ppl in the hotel all donated cards & got the entire list remade and he was able to keep playing and iirc he topped.

Personally, I had a beach ball stolen from me. i'm like, wat.

I got a game loss for round 9, so I started organizing my deck for top cut right away in the league area.

Me: *Organizes pokemon lines, looks away for a second to find and put down cleffas.*
*Looks up, sees magnezone primes missing.*
*Turns, sees guy putting three magnezone primes in my sleeves in Binder*
"Umm, excuse me?"
Guy: "Uhh, sorry, I thought those were mine."
*Walks away"

Also, I was playing a league game with my bag right next to me. When we went into the prize line, the bag was gone D:
I found it in the Lost and Found after though.

Last edited:
I got an early game loss for round 9, so I started organizing my deck for top cut right away in the league area.

Me: *Organizes pokemon lines, looks away for a second to find and put down cleffas.*
*Looks up, sees magnezone primes missing.*
*Turns, sees guy putting three magnezone primes in my sleeves in Binder*
"Umm, excuse me?"
Guy: "Uhh, sorry, I thought those were mine."
*Walks away"

Also, I was playing a league game with my bag right next to me. When we went into the prize line, the bag was gone D:
I found it in the ost and Found after though.

You are one lucky guy...

i had my dragon headed cane taking from me during league play on fri luckly someone found it and turned it in sat afternoon i can see card but a walking cane that laying ontop of a back pack had my foot throught the back pack but didnt think anyone would want the cane just glad i got it back

At nationals, I was laying out my Magnezone's and Yanmega's to put in binder I dropped a sleeve so looked away to pick it up turned up and saw those were missing, then I see a guy walking away with my cards (magnezones and Yanmegas) so I followed him and asked him to give it back, he said they aren't mine so I checked the back they had a piece of sticker on the pack to indicate they were mine, so the guy said he thought it was his. Bull, he just wanted to get away with it, I told the judge and other people and he was banned from the event, since they also saw this.

My brother set down his binder next to him while playing a fun game on Thursday. He was focusing intently on the game, and found that after his game, his binder disappeared. I went to the tournament with three pens (that I may or may not have stolen from the Hilton hotel), but people stole them from me. I came out of the event with zero pens :<

i had my dragon headed cane taking from me during league play on fri luckly someone found it and turned it in sat afternoon i can see card but a walking cane that laying ontop of a back pack had my foot throught the back pack but didnt think anyone would want the cane just glad i got it back

I found your cane and turned it into the judge who was running our 8 man tourny. It was just laying on the table where we were suppose to be playing.

Even at local league I am amazed at how careless people are with their precious cards, bags, decks, etc. Players are just asking to be relieved of their property if you ask me, the fact that 'sprees' are common place already is just a credit to the honesty of the average player. I only every bring as much stuff as I can hold in one hand (not including dice & deck, which is want cargo pockets are for)

thank you for that thow have no idea how it got on a table as i was right by the entrance of leauge play and check with lost and found all day fri it went missing right after round 4
but once again thank you

I found your cane and turned it into the judge who was running our 8 man tourny. It was just laying on the table where we were suppose to be playing.

thank you for that thow have no idea how it got on a table as i was right by the entrance of leauge play and check with lost and found all day fri it went missing right after round 4
but once again thank you

We saw it on the floor for a while between tables just sitting there like it fell there, put it on a table to see if anyone was their's around, then was turned it later

A similar spree happened a couple years back at a big M:TG tournament. I'm talkin laptops, ipods, binders, decks, anything not glued to the table. Turns out, it was an organized ring of bandits from AZ. Most got caught and prosecuted, but people were having a hard time explaining to police/courts why a binder full of 'playing cards' were worth Thousands of dollars. Hope this isn't some kind of trend forming in the Pokemon community. When this type of behavior becomes prevalent in a mostly children's game like pokemon it is just sickening. I know how my son would feel if someone ripped him like this. Also, I am kinda shocked this would happen cause all of the tournies I've been to and leagues seem to be populated with people that would bend over backwards to get someones stuff back to them. Very sad:nonono::frown:

We bought a handful of packs from Collector's Cache and I took a phone call while we were getting them, so we put them down for literally 30 seconds on the case and they were swiped. Pretty lame IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back