Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Nationals Masters Magneboar

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightRush

Here's My Magneboar list for nationals. Hope you guys like it. It's gone through a lot of testing and I'm pleased with it's consistency and results.

Pokemon: 20
3-1-3 Magnezone Prime
2-1-2 Emboar
3 Cleffa
1 Tyrogue
2-2 RDL

Trainer/Supporters: 24
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Sage's Training
4 Junk Arms
4 Communication
1 Switch
1 Flower Shop Lady
4 Rare Candy
2 Energy Retreival

Energy: 16
11 Fire
5 Lightning

Good Luck on preparing for list and any advice is appreciated :).

Strategy:
Set up with Cleffa, to set up Emboar and Magnezone. Fandago energies onto your field and attack with Magnezone or Rayquaza. Tyrogue is to donk babies.

I have found 2-3 Judges in this with Magnezones ability to be quite the draw, You Judge for 4, draw a extra 2 from Magnezone, its pretty much a better version of PONT, using Judge+Magnezone.

I've tried the 1 judge and feel it's to much of a gamble when their head should be dead after using their draw supporters early game. In my opinion, its all about preventing revenge KO'a by zoroark or boufallant.

The list looks great the way it is, the only thong worth testing is a 1-0-1 bad boar for donchamp,
-1 cleffa
-1 fire

+1-0-1 badboar

Yes rdl is awesome but if both bottoms are prized than ur done for
Against donchamp
Posted with Mobile style...

What are u two talking about????

Also the deck list is sweet, and badboar is the only extra possibility

I really think you need at least 1 reshiram. He is a great back up attacker. Plus you don't want your rdl to get knocked out early game or you will be in trouble.

I'm really against resharim since 120 does not knock out anything serious in this format. Another thing is the chances of starting him are around 10~15% and 2 retreat starter prevents turn 1 cleffa and hurts consistency. It's also pretty bad vs donchamp and lists run smoother without it.

Im still a firm believer in running 3-1-3 emboar and taking our a fire energy and cleffa, it helps with consistency so much it's scary and if you play badboar it's a good back up and if u play ability it increases consistency
Just a thought

Pretty vanilla list... looks good. However, have you considered dropping Sage's Training for PONT or Juniper? In my testing, I've found those to be far more effective.

Sage > Pont/Juniper since its basically 6 + 5 = 11 cards of your choice which makes it way easier and consistent for Turn 2 Magnezone/Emboar. I would never drop the sage's. PONT and Juniper are great but sage is a superior card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back