Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nats Report (I hate flips)

KG1337

I get there on Friday night and just catch up with everyone

Day 1:

Round 1 vs srry i forget your name with ZRE?

I get everything I need against his lone zappy start by T3 and KO his zappy with latias. He blows up a trode and drops another zappy after powing my blasty to do 140. I QS a switch and take the last 2 prizes FTW!

1-0

Round 2 vs someone from California whose name i forget with Arcy

I get an alright start and just start pounding him with blasty. As Blasty gets within OHKO range I drop more stuff since I have a ton of energy in my hand. It ends up being a lot closer than it needed to be but I end up powing a mew for the win.

2-0

Round 3 vs John Bard with Scizor/Pidgeot ???

Self explanatory. He just stalls there with a misdreavus while he gets some stuff set up on the bench. He doesnt play metagross so I'm not at all worried and I just take my time setting up. I warp point up a scizor and bring up lugia for the ko and eventually the win.

3-0

Round 4 vs Kevin T with RL

I get set up, candy a pidgey to a pidgeotto T2 and make a wish for the pidgeot. Do the same with a wartortle next turn. I drop the latias/latios and theres really nothing he can do from there.

4-0

Round 5 vs Jin W with LBS/crawdaunt tech

Well yea I mistook crawdaunt for only working on a full bench but it didnt matter since he had 2 pidgey prized -___- OOPS Hes able to get set up just fine anyways as it seems until late game when he sends up a rachi to wishing star. Hes got 3 ex's and nothing else on the bench so I warp point him and elemental blast him for game.

5-0

Round 6 vs Brad Petty with Arcanine/Houndoom/Ninetales
I dont see anything except a jirachi and a fire energy as I t2 him with lugia for game :)

6-0

Round 7 vs Martin with SD

For a few turns early game I was one card away from an early blasty. He gets set up, I start playing like crap out of exhaustion and overplay my board. We get it down to 2 prizes each I think and he zaps something for the win. Not as close as prizes would indicate.

6-1

Round 8 vs Jon A with Dragtrode

My starting hand is warppoint, squirtle, water, holons magnemite, power tree, power tree, holon's castform. He gets what turns in to be a great start and I eventually lose without ever getting set up.

6-2

Round 9 vs Dana Lynch with Sallygross/BF no pidge

He drops a bunch of stage 1's on like T2 and I'm like "great" as I dont have a great hand. To my fortune though he has NO energy :). I latias a couple basics to take a couple prizes then I just alternate between lugia and latias and eventually mudslide something on the bench for my last prize.

7-2

standings are posted and I'm the 15th seed and I will have to play vs Matt Yuens Arcy in T32.

Day 2:

T32 vs Matt Yuen with Arcy

Game 1: I get a quick Blasty and plow through his energyless start.

Game 2: I start with a mew, attach and pass. Forget what he does, I think he mentors for some stuff. Next turn I mentor for squirtle, holons magnemite and a rachi and make a wish for the tortle. Forget what he does. I make a wish for blasty after attaching a castform to tortle. He body slams, HEADS. I attach to blasty and pass. body slam HEADS, hes building up his bench in the mean time. I attach and pass after playnig a counter gym to his cursed. He evolves to arcy and kills my mew. I bring up Blasty to ko his Arcy. He brings up another arcy, drops cursed stone and ko's my blasty. I bring up benched squirtle. Retriever and candy to blasty. I ko his arcy. Its 2-2 now. He sticks a stone I believe and... BODY SLAM HEADS. No switch cards still. BODY SLAM HEADS. No switch cards. BODY SLAM HEADS, no switch cards. BODY SLAM HEADS, no switch cards. Even the judge was like"...." He ends up using a combination of cursed stone and RG arcanine which i didnt see coming to KO my blasty and all i have powered up on the bench is a latias *. I spend the next turns spearheading with latias d fishing for the pow as I knew he would have to get up on prizes in the game at some point in all liklihood. I whiff and he ko's the latias in 2 turns. I bring up mew, and CORNER giving me a couple turns to hopefully pull the pow since he cant OHKO my mew. I also get a psyshock heads but I cant get the pow! I lose and we have like 2 mins left.

Sudden death: I start with a jirachi, holons magnemite, pidgey, pidgeot in my hand and opt to go first. He has a lone lunatone. I make the wish for the pidgeotto. He either RIPS the solrock or he had it in his hand not sure which and he MG's for the swoop. I draw, no castform, celios, transceiever, mentor and I lose after he gets the arcy next turn. I retreat for pidgeot but he reversals up my Jirachi FTW :(

Well I would've gotten the trickle down had I won but oh well :( Theres always next year

It was cool seeing everyone again.

Props:
~Well ran tournament with the exception of a few side incidents
~Getting to see everyone again
~My mom for taking me

Slops:
~POP dice
~Growlithe LM

Last edited:
nice job!! Top 32 in such a big tourney isnt bad at all!! Sorry to hear you got turbo growlited....

Hi KG1337,

Congratulation on the good performance. Top 32 is rather good at Nationals with such a massive amount of players. Your record looks fine to.

Ajay... that sucks so much... you deserved the win more than anyone else there. You played so amazingly well all day. You're my hero, buddy.

thanks guys

ugh THE PAIN OF LOSING LIKE THAT :(

the day after is the worst lol

gl at worlds for all of you that are going

He hit about a dozen Bodyslam and Psyshock flips in our game as well. Luckily for me he had terrible hands otherwise and I had a great setup. Good job Ajay.

sorry about all the flips ajay. out of my control really, only play i had left. and lets not forget i mulliganed 5 times game 2 =)

Rofl, Jon told me about your game against him in Round 8. He was Dragging Off Squirtles and Pidgeys for OHKOs on like Turn 3 or something. That's disgusting, dude. ;/

There's always next year, though. GL in the future.

Back