Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nats report... my 1st nationals expierence.

ChristianOrtiz

I get there thursday with my bro Blastoise-ShellShocker and catch up with some usuall people and some people i talk to from pokegym.I play in the tournament there and use mynx and go 2-3 and i didnt report mr droping because i was playing brent S. XD.so i playtest with mynx and eggs.dec against Steve S.(squirtle) chris S. (professor_chris)and Brent S. (Spazcrackers) (they dont have the same last names XD) so we playtest and i talk abit with the nance's (awsome People.). i go eat dinner and go to sleep.Friday i play in the tournament and go 4-2 with my brothers LBS.while he played in the prof. cup. I talked to eric E. and matt E. (pokewisconson and rulemaster) and we trade and i playtest some more.I hang out a bit watching some of the matches in the prof. cup and then i go to my hotel room and sleep.

Saturday.
I cant decide on what to play so i wait for my friend james (Dragonair master8) and i decide to go with Mynx.

Round1. Mike R. (supertyranitar) BLS
i start with a mew and girafarag he swoops his active to a jirachi and trys to wish but i say look at my bench so he notices it and plays space center. and wishing stars and gets a T1 blasty... i go and mentor and attach and pass.but when i did the tranciever for mentor i noticed 3 BF's prized and i believe 2 mew es's.so i lock in his blastoise next turn but i cant get a BF so i lose. GG mike 0-1

round 2. Matt L. (Lugiaex) Queendom
I get set up and forsight lock him and he has nothing.GG 1-1

round 3. Chris S. (Professor_Chris) BLS
I thought he was going to play jumpluff with pidgeot d. I go first and swoop my unown for a girafarig. and forsight him he goes and passes because he has a jirachi DX start. and i forsight lock him the whole game while i Pure power his pokemon. gg. 2-1

round 4. AJ D. (TheAnswer3) SD
we both get set up and i lock something in and he mentors for his basics but notices the one he needs is prized so he conceeds about 2 turns later.GG AJ it was cool meeting you. 3-1

round 5. idk name Monarchy
I didnt know anyone would play monarchy anymore.so we get set up but he always get a counter stadium and he gets everything when i admin him.-_-. 3-2

I find out that my 2nd round opponend went 0-3 and then droped with a 2-4 record.

round 6. Brian L. Eggs.dec
we both get set up and i lock in a voltorb and it comes down to 2-2 prizes and time is called durring my turn and he has a eggecute with 2 damage so i PP it FTW. 4-2

round 7. Heather L. (headers_squirtle)(i think) Queendom
I get set up and she gets a pidgeot but BF is in play and she cant get out her desert ruins so i lock in a drowsey and PP her pokemon and forsight lock her FTW. 5-2

So i know if i can win my last 2 games i can make it to top 32. because i have Really Poor resistance.

Round 8. Some girl from alaska o_O burning liability.
we both get set up and i lock one of her pokemon in but she warp points me and ko's my roslia but forgets to take a prize so se admins me and draws 6 and i call a judge over and say that she forgot to take a prize and she did admin and drew 6 and shes taking her time playing.(about 3-4 min turns) .so he tells her to take her prize and gives her a caution. and then tells me to pick a random card from her hand and she shuffles it into the deck.and she gets 6 cards in her hand.So i appeal and tell him to get the HJ over and i explain the story and he tells the other judge to take another random card from her hand and shuffles it in her deck.at this point time is called and we wasted about 6 mins with this. so they give us a 5 mins extension and he RC's a typhlosion and takes up 4 out of the 5 mins we had to decide weather she should attach a energy to he ractive or her bench. so she kos my girafarig and i go with about 1 min left. I pow her koffing out play BF and PP her plusle and she asks how much time is left and he calls time.i could have won if we had 2 more mins because she had no energy and i could have PP her koffing and plusle to ko them both.i said she took up the whole 5 mins with her moves and he said she was playing good. so i lose because of her stalling and his inaccurate judging skills 5-3

Im angry because the judge watched the rest of the game and i had not had an extra turn and we had a 30 sec time extension also because she mulliganed 4 times.and he said he added it in which he didnt.so i know i cant make it to top 32 so i really didnt care if i win my last game or not.

round 9. Jacy queendom
I told jacy i didnt care about this game that much so i just played it out.i mentor and check my deck and notice that i have my jynx prized,O_O so i just played sloopy and made 1 million missplays and i knew he might make it in so i lose. gg jacy. 5-4

I find out my bro went 5-4 so i know he didnt make it.so i talk to my friends and wait till top32 is posted.I get prepared and i do the mutan draft and i pull 3 holons castform.

Props.
meeting my pokegym friends
the event
the staff
eric E making top2
SD
the nance's great people to hang out with.
Ian R. making top8
Mike R Making top 16
Steven S. Making top8.
Kettler for being kettler. =D
the NC people are so nice and cool 2. :thumb:
E4 for making a showing
the 2002 world champion i felt worthless in his pressence.
saturday at 2 am.

slops.
My 8th round opponent
the 8th round judge
going through 14+ hours playing pokemon
saturday at 2am
thanks for reading my report and cya at worlds.

~Espeonchris14

Last edited:
You'll do better at Worlds, I know it. You still did good, I'm sure that it was hard playing for that long, especially with Mynx.

You still have Worlds to show your stuff. Remember though, it is BOTH players responsibility to keep a clean playing area. You knew she missed a prize in Rd 8, yet waited until she admin'd and grabbed 6 cards before calling a judge over and "rules lawyering" her. IMO, it seems you could have and should have reminded her to take her prize. POWS wouldnt work for you if you play it, the judge comes over and says...you are tied on prizes...."but Judge....she didnt take her prize earlier!" Maybe you didnt catch the error right away, but you seemed to "catch it" when it might give you a leg up during the match. Dont blame the judge bc you lost rd 8, bc the judge didnt take the other 4 prizes off you...your oppo. did. Give her a bit of credit.

Keith

no it looked like she took her prize because she koed my roslia because of burning aura.And i discarded it and she started her turn with a admin and i noticed it when she drew 6 cards.Im not saying that it was one judges fault because he made a wrong ruling and i asked for the HJ so i can appeal.but the past is the past so i know to tell them to take there prize when they ko my pokemon.

Chris: Sounds like you are learning from this and hopefully, it will pay off with an even better showing @ Worlds. :thumb:

Keith

Hi Chris-- Gr8 job 2 both you and Peter! You guys are so gr8 and we all enjoyed seeing you very much!
s
Cya @ worlds!!!!

~zina

thanks everyone for the comments.<3
Ragecandybar: it also must suck putting a swoop in lunarock. XD
ukewoman: Thanks it was cool seeing you and your family at nationals.Cya at worlds.
APT: no it was a diffrent monarchy some guy's i dont know his name and its not whicker.

Back