Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Natures for Pokemon

Yucky Muky

Ok do the nature's that Pokemon have help them and if so could you give me a list of them and what it helps?:smile:

Thanks

:thumb: :clap:

I hope I can explain this right. When you battle, the natures are a factor in determining how many effort values you get from the battle. A pokemon with such and such nature will receive +10% or -10% more points in certain areas such as hp, defense, special defense, attack, special attack, and speed. The higher your effort values are in certain areas determine how many points you receive when leveling up. To max out in certain stats you should try to breed for pokemon with certain Natures which add to the points you find worthwhile. For a full listing of the natures and what they add to, try entering your game into gamefaq.com and look for walkthroughs which include breeding techniques.

EDIT: Well I guess what I read was wrong, or I interpretted it wrong. Sorry about that. Please disregard my comments above.

Last edited:
That's wrong, natures give a +10% or -10% change in the overall final stat of a Pokemon at level 100. It does not in any way affect EV's at all.

For example, using the nature 'Adamant' as an example:

Adamant raise your attack stat by 10% and decreases your Sp. Attack stat by 10%.

An Adamant Gyarados can reach up to 383 in Attack, if you give it 252 EV's in that stat, but with a different nature, say Bashful which doesn't add or decrease to any stat, the maximum it can reach is 349.

Natures do not affect how many EV's you recieve after a battle, only the Macho Brace and Pokerus do.

Back