Need good manga titles

Discussion in 'Anime Realm' started by Yugi's_tough_chick, Aug 18, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Yugi's_tough_chick

Yugi's_tough_chick New Member

I just subscribed to Shonen Jump, and I decided I need to expand my horizon here.I mean Yu-Gi-Oh!, Shaman King and One Piece are really good titles(One Piece being the best one next to YGO), but ,well,I think you may get my point. Any suggestions?

2. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

Blade of the Immortal and Lone Wolf and Cub, published by Dark Horse; Usagi Yojimbo, also published by Dark Horse (though not technically manga, as Stan Sakai is actually Japanese American); Kare Kano(TokyoPop). Dark Horse's Super Manga Blast! is a good magazine, with a wide variety of titles...

'mom

Last edited: Aug 18, 2003
  3. Marril

Marril New Member

Gravitation. Not recommended for the young'uns, but it's a really good manga nonetheless.

4. Archaic

Archaic New Member

I'd also recommend taking a look at the large Manga Scanlation community. There's a lot of weird and wonderful mangas that aren't getting released outside Japan, and in many cases, quite likely never will be.

Might I recommend looking up Tsubasa? It's a CLAMP series, that's something of a cross-over of the various CLAMP universes. The main character is Li Shaoran of Card Captor Sakura...only a Li Shaoran who's a bit older, and is from an alternate dimension. I probably shouldn't say more than that, or I'd spoil the story.

5. GoldenZnok170

GoldenZnok170 New Member

'Rurouni Kenshin' is my all-time favorite. If I'm not mistaking, Shonen Jump will start publishing the English version of this manga somewhere near November.

6. tia3

tia3 New Member

well, chobits is pretty good, albeit short-run (only two more 'books' to go in a series of eight). but i think a really good bet, if youre looking for something that wont be through in a few days, is love hina. but hey, thats just my two-cents.

7. djcati

djcati New Member

I'd recommend Love Hina, definitely, and maybe Marmalade Boy too.
    Hikaru no Go starts in SHonen Jump in January, that's an ace series too.

Rurouni Kenshin is being released as graphic novels, not in Shonen Jump

8. Nick15

Nick15 Member

Anything by Yukito Kishiro is damn good: Battle Angel Alita, Ashen Victor, and Aqua Knight top my lists. :)

9. Darkleaf Master

Darkleaf Master New Member

Well.. one of my very favorites is Magic Knight Rayearth.. Give it a try.. Its very entertaining!!!!

10. Tego

Tego New Member

Naruto, FuriKuri, Detective Conan.

11. !ASF! vash

!ASF! vash New Member

has any1 seen the yu yu hakusho movie?

12. SD PokeMom

SD PokeMom Mod Supervisor Staff Member

!ASF!vash, the thread is about manga, not a particular movie. Please don't attempt to hijack or send a thread off-topic like this; rather, begin your own thread/discussion. If you have not done so already, please be sure to read the PokeGym rules, at the top of each forum. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation...

'mom

13. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

Dragon ball is my all time favorite next to One Piece, yu gi oh, and Yuyuhakusho!

They should make Dragon ball in shonen jump!

14. Salient

Salient New Member

Fushigi Yugi and X/1999 are favorites of mine. You can't go wrong with either of them. :)

15. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

I DEFINITELY recommend Love Hina. That is one brilliant Anime series. Ranma1/2 is okay as well. At the moment, I'm watching Chobits. The 3rd DVD should be released here soon, I hope. However, it's definitely not one to watch with young people or parents around. Some of the content is very much adults only.

16. SailorClef

SailorClef New Member

X/1999 O_O (my new obsession)

or try the sailor moon MANGA (trust me, it's nothing like the anime... MUCH MUCH better)

Planet Ladder's pretty good too..

17. Yugi's_tough_chick

Yugi's_tough_chick New Member

I found Naruto! Well, actually, a friend let me borrow Naruto for awhile, and is threatening to use a crow bar on me if I don't give it back :lol:. I can't put it down:it's that good! :thumb:

18. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

the .hack// manga is good and theres this god canon
    exxaxon. I think thats how you spell it.

19. KingOfDemons

KingOfDemons New Member

An adult manga called "Battle Royal" is very good. THink Reservoir Dogs (violence factor) meets Survivor.

ANother couple of good mangas are "Battle Angel ALita" and "Saber Marionette J". IMHO.