Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

need help for worlds

Churyu

the name is Alan-luc nguyen number one senior is WA and i havent got my ticket for worlds and i am planning to get a buddy ticket but i dont know if it will work for a minor.

any ideas?

the top 40 in *north america* get INVITES...not trips paid for by TPCi. instructions on what to do if you've qualified for worlds are here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/op_worlds12_invites-2012-07-12/

if you're talking about booking your travel by yourself: there isn't a travel agency in the world that will deal directly with a senior-aged child. an adult will have to book and pay for your ticket via credit card.

Last edited:
Be careful when using Buddy Passes (if that is what you are talking about) to Hawaii at the end of the summer. Two years ago a friend from league got us a couple to use to get out there for the event. We had no problems getting there but when we went to fly home we ran into some problems. There are only a couple of flights off the island each day and with so many people trying to get back to the mainland that time of year for the start of school the stand by list is long. Buddy Pass fliers are at the bottom of the list. They told us at the gate that it could take two weeks to get back so I ended up having to buy one way tickets home for both my son and I. It was a total mess so be advised and good luck.

Be careful when using Buddy Passes (if that is what you are talking about) to Hawaii at the end of the summer. Two years ago a friend from league got us a couple to use to get out there for the event. We had no problems getting there but when we went to fly home we ran into some problems. There are only a couple of flights off the island each day and with so many people trying to get back to the mainland that time of year for the start of school the stand by list is long. Buddy Pass fliers are at the bottom of the list. They told us at the gate that it could take two weeks to get back so I ended up having to buy one way tickets home for both my son and I. It was a total mess so be advised and good luck.

i should buy a one way pass back?

---------- Post added 07/27/2012 at 05:28 PM ----------

how long did it take u guys to get on the plane to there

I think you need to be discussing this with your parents than a random post on an online message board. Airfare to Hawaii this late can be pushing a $1000.

The person getting you the buddy ticket will tell you if it works for minors. However, as has been stated before, because you are flying on standby, then there is a chance you may not get to where you want to go when you want to go there.

Depending on how old you are, some airlines may need special instructions from your guardian/parents regarding you flying by yourself. For example, if you are 14/15, you might be ok. My 14 year old has flown on his own. If you are 11/12, they may not let you on the plane by yourself unless some prior arrangement has been made regarding who is greeting you on the other side, and other such red tape. You want to be clear about these things before buying any tickets. As you are a senior, and may not have this, you will need some government picture ID to get onto the airplane.

Obviously, this is not advice that is a substitute for discussing this situation with your parents, but hopefully it helps you get started. good luck.

Back