Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

need help with my WaXSD deck for TX States

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAkuma

This deck is a very good and original deck of mine. It has gotten me 2nd and 5th at 2 different city championships here in Texas. I was just wondering if there was anybody that might have an idea on how to make it better. When it gets setup quickly it is nearly unstoppable. I'm thinking of playing it at the Texas state championships but not sure yet . It kinda failed me at the last city champs in Dallas . I just had a really bad day of bad hands and only one starting pkmn. But I know it is better than the way it performed in Dallas . Here it is :

Pokemon: 22

3 Wailmer (R/S)
3 Wailord Ex
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Nincada
2 Shedinja
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Dunsparce

Energy: 13
13 Water Energy

Trainers:25
4 Oracle
4 POR
3 Warp point
3 Oran Berry
2 Lanette's Net Search
2 PETM
2 Moo-Moo Milk
2 Switch
2 Town Volunteers
1 Crystal Shard

There's the deck.... thanks for taking the time to look at this and hopefully u can give me some good advice. :D see ya later

Last edited:
o_O o_O

What is the strategy of this deck?

Well, I understand it, basically. As far as I can tell, the strategy is to heal Wex with Xatu. Shedinja? Huh? Why? This is a Wailord EX deck. Delcatty? Yeah, draw is needed, but you don't need it THAT badly. Use Reporters, Jugglers, POR, Copycat, etc. If you want a good deck, try playing this:

Pokemon: 12
4 Barboach
4 Whishcash
4 Wailord EX
Energy: 48
24 Water
24 Fighting

Trainers: 0

Just look at that deck. Imagine playing it. You'd be crushed by Whishcash's great power, it stops Whishcash from being hurt. And those Wailord EX...whew. Just thinking about it makes me sweat. It is UNSTOPABLE.

-Wooper

PS - Let the bashing begin. :p

um sorry that deck suxs. the reason for shedinja is for every evolution that is being played right now super deep diving for a shedinja is just a nasty combo especially against an evo or ex .whishcash's power submerge only protects itself on the bench not the whole bench. Sorry whishcash suxs ....

ShinAkuma said:
um sorry that deck suxs. the reason for shedinja is for every evolution that is being played right now super deep diving for a shedinja is just a nasty combo especially against an evo or ex .whishcash's power submerge only protects itself on the bench not the whole bench. Sorry whishcash suxs ....

HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THAT WAS SARCASM?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i don't care about your sarcasm. im serious here . if your not going to be serious and help me out . then don't post !

ShinAkuma said:
Pokemon: 22
3 Wailmer (R/S)
3 Wailord Ex
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Nincada
2 Shedinja
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
2 Dunsparce

Energy: 13
13 Water Energy

Trainers:25
4 Oracle
4 POR
3 Warp point
3 Oran Berry
2 Lanette's Net Search
2 PETM
2 Moo-Moo Milk
2 Switch
2 Town Volunteers
1 Crystal Shard

Well, now that I'm out of hot air, I'd like to actually contribute helpfully. Hopefully. Whatever.

Pokemon: You have 4 evolution lines. That's a regular amount in today's enviornment (weird, 2 used to be the max: but as Bob Dylan would say, "The times, they are changing" - No I don't listen to Bob Dylan!) so I'll keep it. I don't know about the Xatu, but if you say they help, so be it. You'd need 4/4 for them to be really effective, but, once again, I'll let it be. Add two Sparce. that's it.

Energy: 12 Water, 2 Multi should work. In case Xatu needs to big off a biggie. Hey, it could happen. Maybe.

Trainers: Here's where the work gets done. *Cracks knuckles*
4 Oracle, good. 4 POR, good. Use 2 Warp Point. 3 Oran Berry, okay. Drop the Net Search because of Sparce. PETM, not necessary, you have 4 Oracle. We've freed up a lot of space, so let's add a Shard, you need two, Ray EX will be all over this deck. Potions stead of moomoos, and add one. Then throw in a tECh nurse, which rules in lotsa decks, just because you may need massive healing sometime. You never know when that nurse will come in handy.

New deck:
Pokemon: 24
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord EX
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Nincada
2 Shedinja
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
4 Dunsparce

Energy: 14
12 Water
2 Multi

Trainers: 22
4 Oracle
4 POR
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
3 Oran Berry
2 Shard
1 Town Volunteers
3 Potion
1 Nurse

Have fun wit it.

Wooper

About the "sarcasm" before: I'm remorseful for my actions, and I am truly, from the bottom of my heart, sorry. Not really.

The end the end.

Wooper

Thanks for the help superwooper. I'll play test this deck and see how it does and then i'll post and tell you. Anyone else wanna help me with my deck ?

Last edited:
Haha...the 13 year-old thinks he can spout off a Whiscash deck to his elders, eh? XP

Well, aside from that, it's definitely a good fix, but I'd go about things differently:

Pokemon (24):
3 Wailmer
3 Wailord EX
3 Natu
3 Xatu
2 Nincada
2 Shedinja
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
4 Dunsparce

Energy (14):
12 Water
2 Multi

Trainers (22):
4 Oracle
4 Oran Berry
3 Professor Oak's Research/Desert Shaman
3 Professor Elm's Training Method
2 Warp Point
2 Switch
2 Shard
1 Pokemon Nurse
1 Town Volunteers

Basically, I agree with SW's fix a lot, other than that PETM's are worth playing, as they greatly increase your chances of getting good draw the WHOLE game (ie pulling Delcatty). You may want to seriously consider Shaman, just because it's both draw and disruption. Other than a few subtle changes (ie removing just a bit of healing for draw power), I think the idea's set! I'm not suggesting anything else, but you should find a way to go 4/4 on the Xatu line! Good luck, man!

hey patriarch thanks for the fix . i do like shamen but i don't have any . but i will try to get some . see ya at states .

Ok i have playtested each one's fix and im going to have to go with Patriarch's on this one. It's just better and i love shamen. thanks again to both of ya'll for helping. See ya later :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back