Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Needin' some help right now

ashinto

Hey Pokegym. For the past four months (all of battle roads and cities), I've been out of the game due to a ton of travelling and running. Now coming back in the game, I have a couple questions.

1. What are the top decks?

2. How are in Triumphant affecting the metagame?

3. Should I wait till the next set comes out to buy a box?

Thank you in advance Pokegym!!

Luxchomp is still winning the most, Gyarados is 2nd, Vilegar is 3rd. The rest include, Machamp builds, Sable/chenlock, Dialgachomp and a lot of sparse random decks, Some regigigas. Honestly just check out the "Whats winning Citites '10-'11" thread, you'll get a nice idea. As for triumphant, it single-handedly made Gyarados tier 1 again with Junk arm and rescue energy. Rescue energy has made its way into a lot deck, especially Vilegar, as you get to abuse Fainting Spell and it still returns to your hand after the flip. Gengar prime has proven itself as a tech in Vilegar increasing it's match up against Gyarados. Twins has made its way to almost being a staple in any decks that require a starter (Ie, Sableye, Smeargle, Spiritomb) Blackbelt is probably better in Regigigas than any other deck, I think it's too awkward. For the 3rd question, We don't really know what we are getting in the next set other than some Japanese Promos, and Reprints of card we already have/had. I would go ahead and buy a Triumphant box, it's got a lot going for it. It has a good ratio on the amount of primes and the amount of usable primes your bound to get something decent. Unless your me and pull 2 electrode prime, at that point your kind of screwed.

I agree with the person above me, except that regigigigigigigigigas is a really good pick. It pretty much owns SP, and has an even match with gyarados, more if you run heavy judge/giratina.

If you can get it set up, a good sp player will spray your Sacrifices and take easy prizes as well as being able to hit for a lot of damage with Promocroak, I think the Gigigas Vs. Sp match up strictly depends on the skill of both players. I don't see gigigas hitting the top tables of higher event other than Cities and maybe next battle roads...But it could, depends if it gets support from Call of Legends

I can't really speak for Gigas viability, but if people can afford Luxrays, they can afford Drag Offs. Card availability means little to nothing to most competitive players.

Well if you can afford the luxrays, there no reason to not get them. Haha. I'm competitive but I shy away from Luxchomp Because of cost. If Luxray was 30 Dollars as opposed to 60+ I'd be all over it. But til then I'll play Blazechomp all day.

ANSWER TO #3: Don't buy a box of the next set at all costs!

Call of Legends will have Lost World in it, which will likely run at least $8 on the secondary market, if Gengar Prime performs up to our expectations.

An $8 Stadium. If you pull four, that's already over 1/3 of your box paid for.

I'm thinking of getting cards for an old gengar prime list i had, though i really hate playing meta...may have to get over that.

Call of Legends will have Lost World in it, which will likely run at least $8 on the secondary market, if Gengar Prime performs up to our expectations.

An $8 Stadium. If you pull four, that's already over 1/3 of your box paid for.

Lost World hasn't been a confirmed print in the next set, we don't know that yet.

Luxchomp is still really solid. Alot of cards from Triumphant like Seeker, Rescue Energy and Junk arm have made Gyarados Tier 1 again as well.

I'm thinking of getting cards for an old gengar prime list i had, though i really hate playing meta...may have to get over that.
My downfall man. I got over it when I came back though, and I've been doing alright lately. I like to add strange twists to my meta decks though. Just tech it up so that it becomes funner.

Back