Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nelson Water Gym: 2012

pokeMATHter

Join us for some fun in the sun and some Pokemon too!

When: Saturday, July 14th
Swim: 11 AM to ???
Tournament play: About 2 PM until approximately 9 PM.

What to bring: Some food to share, or some non alcoholic beverages! Towel, Swimsuit, your TCG deck, and your Pokemon Black or White game.

Deck Construction guidelines: 40 card deck, water Pokemon only from HGSS on. NO BASIC POKEMON allowed. We will treat Stage 1 Pokemon as basics: You can search for Stage 1 Pokemon with Pokemon Collector, attach Evolite to them (and get the benefit) etc. You cannot search for a Stage 1 Pokemon with Professor Elm's Training Method. Legend Pokemon and Restored Pokemon are allowed.

VG restrictions: All Pokemon in your party must be WATER type (WATER+ another type is allowed). Double battles, 6 different Pokemon, 6 different items. You can't use the Pokemon on the restricted list: Kyogre, Palkia, Phione, Manaphy, and Arceus (with Splash Plate)

Another rule I want clarification for water gym format: Can eviolite take into effect if it's attached to the stage 1 pokemon if it's treated as a basic?

Another rule I want clarification for water gym format: Can eviolite take into effect if it's attached to the stage 1 pokemon if it's treated as a basic?

I use that very example above:

Deck Construction guidelines: 40 card deck, water Pokemon only from HGSS on. NO BASIC POKEMON allowed. We will treat Stage 1 Pokemon as basics: You can search for Stage 1 Pokemon with Pokemon Collector, attach Evolite to them (and get the benefit) etc. You cannot search for a Stage 1 Pokemon with Professor Elm's Training Method. Legend Pokemon and Restored Pokemon are allowed.

So who won the waer gym? I would have liked to stay for the top cut but I had Mariners tickets and they did win
7-0. the past two years I did not do so hot at the water gym it was nice to have a successful run again. Thank-you so much David and Niki for having all of us over for a fun day at your house again.

Ben W. defeated Steven R. in the finals for Masters TCG
Wyatt W. won Masters VG, although he and Bob R. were both undefeated so they did a post tournament battle, and I think Bob won.

Senior TCG winner was Alan N.
Senior VG was Tony D.

Junior TCG AND VG winner was Kade R.

We also collected $238 for the Cason Memorial Scholarship fund.

Thanks everyone, and we will see you next year!

Back