Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Ace Spec Cards-Updated with Reciever

koltonsdragonite

Golden Candy
Trainer-Item
Ace Spec-You can only have one Ace Spec card in your deck.
Search your deck for an evolution card, and place it onto a basic pokemon that evolves into that Pokemon.(This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.
This card cannot be used used on your first turn, or on a Pokemon you played this turn.

--------------------------------------------

Master Ball
Trainer-Item
Search your deck for any Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and place it in your hand.

Scoop Up
Trainer-item
Choose one of your Pokemon in play, and return it to your hand.(Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)

Max Defender
Trainer-Item
Attach this card to one of your Pokemon. While this card is attached to that Pokemon, prevent all damage done to that Pokemon during your opponent's next turn. At the start of your next turn, Discard this card.

Rainbow Feather
Trainer-Item
When this card is in your discard pile with Ho-Oh EX, and Ho-oh EX uses "Rebirth", that flip is automatically heads, and search your deck or discard pile for 2 more different types of basic energies, and attach them to Ho-oh EX. Then put this card into the Lost Zone.

Max PlusPower
Trainer-Item
During this turn, your Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage to the active pokemon, (Before applying weakness and resistance).

---------------------------------------------

Super Item Finder
Trainer-item
Search your discard pile for one trainer card,(An Item, Supporter,or a Stadium Card), and put it into your hand.

---------------------------------------------

Reciever
Trainer-Item
Search your deck for a supporter card, show it to your opponent, and put in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Last edited:
Golden Candy - Interesting card, would work well in a deck with stage 1 attacker/techs

Master Ball - This would be a good card for this format

Scoop Up - I remember how powerful this card was from base set, however we need more pokemon with coming into play powers to make this card have an impact on the meta.

Max Defender - Completely broken and unbalanced card.

Golden Candy - Interesting card, would work well in a deck with stage 1 attacker/techs

Master Ball - This would be a good card for this format

Scoop Up - I remember how powerful this card was from base set, however we need more pokemon with coming into play powers to make this card have an impact on the meta.

Max Defender - Completely broken and unbalanced card.

You think Max Defender is broken? How so?

We're in a damage based format. I guess that's why some certain guy thinks Max Defender is Broken. Honestly, its pretty good for a decent meta-game as you can only have 1 in a deck.

We're in a damage based format. I guess that's why some certain guy thinks Max Defender is Broken. Honestly, its pretty good for a decent meta-game as you can only have 1 in a deck.

I thought that it would be fair to have one card in your deck that prevented damage to a Pokemon for one single turn.

I could actually see them making Master Ball. What's great about it being an Ace Spec is that it would actually mirror the games in terms of you usually get one in the entire game.

Max defender should do something like this (maybe): (You may play this card from your hand when your opponent attacks) Reduce the damage done to your active pokemon by (x)

(x) represents the value which you reduce damage by, I would suggest 30-40, becuase although it seems underpowered, it could completely muck up your opponent's strategy (eg, a very simple example, your opponent promotes there sableye and uses junk hunt to get 2 pluspower's. They promote a zekrom, EX when sableye is KO'd, and play the two pluspower's hoping to KO your Raikou EX with a 170 damage strong volt. They sacraficed a prize with sableye and need to get the 2 prizes off your EX to win. If they don't they lose. They attack. you use max defender. GG.)

Max defender should do something like this (maybe): (You may play this card from your hand when your opponent attacks) Reduce the damage done to your active pokemon by (x)

(x) represents the value which you reduce damage by, I would suggest 30-40, becuase although it seems underpowered, it could completely muck up your opponent's strategy (eg, a very simple example, your opponent promotes there sableye and uses junk hunt to get 2 pluspower's. They promote a zekrom, EX when sableye is KO'd, and play the two pluspower's hoping to KO your Raikou EX with a 170 damage strong volt. They sacraficed a prize with sableye and need to get the 2 prizes off your EX to win. If they don't they lose. They attack. you use max defender. GG.)

While I think this is a great idea on it's own, I really don't like where it would fit in Pokemon. I know we had Power Spray, but I feel the same way about that as I do about this - It makes it much more difficult to plan ahead, which is one things that sets this game apart and I love. It's much like a game of chess, in that a good player can look ahead and have a reasonable idea of what their opponents next few moves will be, and to exactly what will happen during their turn. Imagine if you had the ability to randomly stop an opponent from taking a piece in chess without any warning. It would change the whole dynamic of the game.

If this is intended to be played in this format, Max Defender is broken with Sableye, just saying...

First, you have to access the single copy of the card you play, hoping it isnt prized. Then you have to waste an attack every turn to gain invulnerability on a Pokemon with 70 HP. If you have other Pokemon in play they will Catcher around it. If you don't, your opponent is free to set up multiple conditions that prevent you from getting it back next turn, or attempting to Ko Sableye, using status conditions, setting up trainer lock, discarding the energy attached to Sableye, using a "shred" attacker to ignore the effects, placing damage counters etc.

got this idea after seeing a thread talking about the state of fossil pokemon

Mysterious Fossil
Trainer-Item
Search your deck for a restored pokemon, play it onto your bench

I love the idea of Rainbow Feather for Ho-oh, but I wonder if it wouldn't make both cards a little more playable if it's effect simply allowed you to use Rebirth without a flip.

I love the idea of Rainbow Feather for Ho-oh, but I wonder if it wouldn't make both cards a little more playable if it's effect simply allowed you to use Rebirth without a flip.

I thought about it and added that in while making a few word changes and only adding more energy from the discard pile.

Last edited:
Golden Candy
Trainer-Item
Search your deck for an evolution card, and place it onto a basic pokemon that evolves into that Pokemon.(This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Shuffle your deck afterward.
This card cannot be used used on your first turn, or on a Pokemon you played this turn.

Master Ball
Trainer-Item
Search your deck for any Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and place it in your hand.

Scoop Up
Trainer-item
Choose one of your Pokemon in play, and return it to your hand.(Discard all cards attached to that Pokemon.)

Max Defender
Trainer-Item
Attach this card to one of your Pokemon. While this card is attached to that Pokemon, prevent all damage done to that Pokemon during your opponent's next turn. At the start of your next turn, Discard this card.

Rainbow Feather
Trainer-Item
When this card is in your discard pile with Ho-Oh EX, and Ho-oh EX uses "Rebirth", that flip is automatically heads, and search your deck or discard pile for 2 more different types of basic energies, and attach them to Ho-oh EX. Then put this card into the Lost Zone.

Max PlusPower
Trainer Item
During this turn, your Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage to the active pokemon, (Before applying weakness and resistance).

Deck advantages:
Golden Candy: Hydreigon/Darkrai
Master Ball: Every Deck
Scoop Up: Darkrai and Zek/Eels
Max Defender: (Forgive Me) Mew Prime/Gengar and (pretty good idea) Sableye Stall
Rainbow Feather: Obviously a new Ho-Oh deck
Max Pluspower: Look at Master Ball

Hope you enjoyed my "Deck Advantages" plz add more if you feel like it OR correct me if I'm wrong.

Updated with Super Item Finder.

Super Item Finder
Trainer-item
Search your discard pile for one trainer card,(An item, Supporter,or a Stadium Card), and put it into your hand.

Last edited:
Back