Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Adversary Cards

Firegreen511

hello to everyone!!! I have been thinking of a new type of card, which I have named Adversary (if you can think of a better name please tell me) these cards hurt and may help your opponent(s). Here are a few.

Team Rocket's Investigation
Trainer
Adversary

You may only play 1 Adversary each turn. When you play an Adversary, place it next to your active Pokemon, at the end of your turn discard it.

Your opponent Draws 3 cards, then discards 2 cards from his hand. Then look at your opponents hand.

Imposter Prof. Oak, Rides Again!
Trainer
Adversary

You may only play 1 Adversary each turn. When you play an Adversary, place it next to your active Pokemon, at the end of your turn discard it.

Your opponent discards any number of cards (at least 1) from his hand, then he removes 1 damage counter from his active Pokemon for each card discarded.

Gary
Trainer
Adversary

Your opponent places a total of 6 damage counters on his Pokemon, in any way he chooses. Your opponent draws a prize card.

Last edited:
Use Imposter Oak Rides Again when your opponent has 0 damage on their active, sounds like fun.

The cards seem fine to me, and I like the term 'Adversary.'

Good Job!

Cool you basicly used the comsept of Supporters though. =/ I think Gary is a bit too broken. First turn your opponent starts with one Pokemon Gary. =/ And the 2 others I think just help your opponent and hardly hurt them. But nice idea! If you make enough of them (like a set only needs some Pokemon and maybe some energy not just Adversary cards) then Lorak would have to put this in the CAC guide!

I added a BIG draw back to gary. here is another.

The Few and The Proud
Trainer
Adversary

[I}You may only play 1 Adversary each turn. When you play an Adversary, place it next to your active Pokemon, at the end of your turn discard it.[/I]

Your opponent discards his hand, then searches his deck and discard pile for a total of 5 cards and puts them into his hand.

Is this too powerful?

Great job Firegreen! Best concept you've thought of yet, IMO.

I'd like to ask your permission to put some Adversary cards in EX: Ultima Part 3(Yes...it's coming.)

Back