Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Blastoise ex Deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik2

Hi, ive been away for a while. Building a new deck, cus i got knocked out in UK Nationals otha week: so i will build a new 1 or until after the worlds.

i was thinking that i didnt i see 1 Blastoise Ex deck. i was wondering whats up with that??? i duno if thats the case the States?? so what is the problem with it? why dont peeps use it?? Because of Zapdos ex, good card true enough but its only 1 card, and even that will have its weaknesses. so i got to thinking of a Blastoise Ex deck, and here what i came up with:

Pokemon 19
3 Squirtle (Smashturn
3 Wartortle
3 Blastoise ex

2 Horsea
2 Seadra
2 Kingdra ( Dragon Veil

4 Jirachi ( Deoxys

Energy 18
4 Metal
14 Water

Trainers 24
3 Oaks Research
3 Stevens Advice
4 Swoop! Teleporter
4 Rare Candy
3 Battle Frontier
4 Pokemon Reversal
2 Pokemon Retriver

Strategy:
Ok, hopefully starting off with Jirachi, searching for cards to find Blastoise ex and Kingdra and trainer cards. then using Swoop! to get out Squirtle+Horsea then start from there, asap.

What you think?

Seeing the deck with 4 candies i dont think you r gonna need that 3rd wartortle u there.
Also the second word in your strategy is 'hopefully" which isnt the best thing to weight on...fate is cruel.
If you are planning on making this deck for after the rotation then get yourself some searchers, if not then use some dunsparce in there to get it going faster. Thats all the help i can offer right now.

to nik2:

i think that kindra is a good idea. only play a 1-1 horsea-kindra if you play 4 candies(you should). also, youll need celios to get out jirachis so you can swoop them out for something else. also take out research. try this list:

4 squirtle
2 wartortle
3 blastoise ex
1 horsea
1 kindra
4 jirachi wishing star
1 wobbufett
16 POKEMON

4 stevens advice
3 tv reporter
3 celios network
4 swoop! teleporter
4 rare candy
4 battle frontier
2 copycat
2 crystal shard
26 TRAINERS

14 water energys
4 multi energys
18 ENERGYS

what do you think?

Last edited:
if i were you, i will put in a 2-1-2 line of swamper on it, one from emerald, and the other one that says if you put a water energy on it, take out one damage counter from swamper, so u use blastoids power and you use swamper from emerald to put it in your bench pokemon, so your not putting damage on your pokemon.

thanks for all ya input guys. alot of it makes sense:
the deck at the moment:

Pokmon 17
3 Squirtle
2 Wartortle
3 Blastoise ex

2 Horsea
1 Seadra
2 Kingdra

4 Jirachi

Energy 19
15 Water
4 Multis / Heal??

Trainers 24
4 Celio
4 Stevens Advice
4 Swoop!
4 Cyrstal Shard
3 Rare Candy
3 Battle Frontier
2 Retriever

should i add some heal energy in there cus blastoise will damage some of my own pokemon wit its power?? or include a couple brineys compassion???

multis might be a good idea. maybe throw out 1 multi and one water for two heals.????and you shouldnt play so many shards. all you need is a couple for blaze and dragtrode

What are you going to briney, Jirachi? You can't use it on exs =/. Heal energy won't help 'toise either. If you're worried about damaging your own pokemon put in a wooper or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back