Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Infernape MD brings us to Infercatty v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I don't usually post decks on gym, simply to keep my ideas to myself. However, seeing as how this deck was soooo obvious, I might as well post a new variation.

Let's look back at DP1, breathe, and say "Infercatty" once again :thumb:

Pokemon 21

3 Chimchar DP
2 Monferno DP
3 Infernape MD
1 Infernape Lv. X DP

3 Skitty PK
2 Delcatty PK
1 Delcatty Ex CG

3 Pachirisu GE

2 Rotom MD

1 Tauros CG

Energy 18

10 Fire
3 Dre
2 Scramble
3 Call

Trainer 21

4 Celio's Network(No real need to place a card back with Bebe's)
4 Rare Candy(Donk with Infernapes, and evolve quicker)
2 Roseanne's Research(Nice way to balance out the Holon Mentors you don't really need, and you can get some nice energy to draw with)
3 PlusPower(A little more never hurts)
3 TVR(Love discarding that extra Fire Energy)
1 Warp Point(Disrupt, we can usually free retreat anyways)
1 Windstorm(Cessation Crystal)
1 Strength Charm(Again, a little more never hurts)
2 Night Maintenance(Lv.X and EX reuse)

STRATEGY
Ok, so no big deal right? Just a new take on an old deck. The new Infernape brings vitality to the game in my opinion. The strategy is basically the same. We use Pachirisu, the ultimate starter to most, and CFF. Judging on hand, you would want Skitty, Chimchar, and Rotom most likely. We then have two options for our next turn. Retreat for Rotom and boost up benched Chimchar after hopefully evolving into Delcatty and using Energy Draw, or use Pachirisu as bait to take an early deficit to use Scramble Energy on a possible Infernape next turn via straight evolution or Rare Candy. Then, otherwise it's the same old Infernape Lv.X deal with Flare Up. We have Delcatty Ex in here simply to for Constraint and can do some heavy damage with those NRGs in the right place with Upstream...

JUSTIFICATION
Chimchar DP - I like this Chimchar best for a couple of reasons. HP and weakness are not the issue, as the better MD Chimchar's HP and weakness are the same. Next, I'd rather take advantage of the energyless attack than waste energy on a better damage doing attack. That is probably poor logic, but that's just me. Hopefully, I always start with Pachirisu and this isn't a problem :rolleyes:...as we all know, we get the start we want =/.

Skitty PK - I'd rather Tail Whip for 1 than do 10 for 1. Makes more sense to stall if you got this thing active.

No Claydol - I think Delcatty gives Infernape more options, my opinion though...

Tauros - Battle Frontier

MATCHUPS
Still to be fully tested...

Please, be as critical of this deck as you please. Just don't get the modz mad. I don't care if you bash me or not...

Last edited:
well, ill be dropping 1 or 2 pachirisu since it'll became useless if you dont get it as a starter
and grop 4 celios's with bebe's since you can get a lv x from bebe
and no felicity ?

well.. its good anyway gl

Hmm...let's look at some numbers...there 11 basics I believe and 4 are Pachirisu...and it gives you these odds
Pachirisu - 4/11
Chimchar - 3/11
Skitty - 2/11
Rotom - 2/11
Odds say Pachirisu has the best chance of being your starter. Which is what you want, since you want it to be your stater. Therefore, you go 4, but I get what you are saying. Are you saying to use Bebe's in addition to Celio's? Because if you are saying to use Bebe's rather that Celio's in order to grab Lv.Xs, then that doesn't make sense. Because you can grab Lv.Xs with Celio's...that has been resolved on Ask the Masters awhile back I believe...

Ok... YOu don't need rotom, you only have 14 energy lol.

- 2 Rotom
- 2 quick ball
- 1 Pachi
- 1 Windstorm
+ 1 Tauros
+ 2-1-2 Blaze/Typho
+ 2 Fire LOL.

SO umm yeah, hope you like it =D.

Hmm...what do you think about swapping the Quick Balls for 2 Fire, and keeping Rotom??...I'd rather not worry about Typhlosion

I guess, Infernape has free retreat though, so it means you could keep the supply going alot longer. You only have 58 cards there, lol.

Yeah, but it adds another stage 2 line. Hmm...how do I have 58? Take my original 60, get rid of two Quick Ball 58, and then add two Fire Energy 60?

Energy (16)
10 Fire
2 DRE
2 Scramble.

I wonder lol. But yeh. With Typho, it takes a bit longer but you are able to hit for more, and be able to hit for longer in the end.

K, took a lil bit from everyone and updated...still gonna hold off on going w/typhlosion until major play testing. Lmk, what u guys think

I ran a list similar to this and got 2nd in a BR however I ran 4 Skitty 3 Catty 1 EX.

Scramble is a pretty good idea. well done.

take out the call energy for 1 more dre, scramble and fire energy. Also take out the pachi for 2 stantler and 1 skitty. Take out the roseannes and a quick ball for 4 mentor.

In theory, your suggestions make some sense. However, taking out Roseanne's and Quick Ball for Mentor doesn't work for me. Yes, Mentor will get those Fire energies in the discard quick, but starting with Pachirisu or something with call energy and setting up Delcatty is more consistant. See, you can Roseanne's for Fire Energy and actually use it for useful discard rather than Mentor by using Energy Draw. Granted, your opponent can lock out Poke-Powers but not discards of Supporters. So you do bring up a good argument. But still, I don't know...

Yeah, I've been working on my list since I first saw the spoilers of ape and I have found that pachi has no help for me. I'm not sure about anyone else though. I do actually play 3 mentor an 1 roseannes because I can get that easyer than energy sometimes. Also do not run quick ball because you run so many pokemon you will never get the one you want. At least run dusk or master ball because at least you can choose.

...Maybe...seems you don't like Pachirisu that much, which I understand. With 3 Call and 3 Pachi, that gives you 6 outs to CFF for at least 2. That's my opinion on keeping it that way...Pachi doesn't help you at all late game, realistically, so I get your argument...

This is the deck i used at Battle Roads and went 3-2 with...and i built this deck 5 mins before i went to bed the night before and never tested....

Pokemons:

4x Chimchar DP
2x Monferno DP - I like the self attach from discard.
4x Infernape MD
(i didnt play Ape Lv.X cuz i didnt have it but in all my matches i never needed it cuz i recycled my energies A LOT so i never had 8 in the discard except for like 2 times in 5 rounds)

3x Skitty PK
2x Delcatty PK
1x Delcatty EX CG

2x Moltres MD - VERY nice TecH and can actually help you win the game even tho it is flippy

2x Rotom MD

2x Unown Q - Takes down Moltres to 1 retreat and gives my delcatty (PK) free retreat
=22

Trainers:

4x Celio's Network
4x TV Reporter
3x Rare Candy
2x Roseanne's Research
2x Copycat
2x Super Scoop Up
2x Night Maintenace
2x Energy Restore - UNDERESTIMATED - NON-SUPPORTER- Can help win matches (or atleast it helped me by letting me energy draw to get what i needed or an energy for infernape)
1x Warp Point
=22

Energys:

10x Fire Energy
3x DRE - Easy 70 damage for infernape which gets rid of almost every basic
3x Call Energy - Helps if you start with anything but chimchar plus helps moltres and infernape
=16

Pachi start lowers your chances of a donk start, and the fact that you can pitch Call to Delcatty makes it much better. The only other reason you need Pachi is to get rid of Cess, and you can just Warp or OHKO with Ape to get rid of it.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back