Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New mulligan rules?

Simwar

With a new section in the XY rules book called 'Full details of taking mulligan' some questions are raised regarding if any rules changed.

1) Since part A says to place active, benched pokémon and prize cards before the the opponent reveals their basic-less hand, does that mean that you can not place other Pokémon on the bench after the mulligan has been resolved, besides those drewn from the mulligan?

2) The compendium states following:
Q. When my opponent fails to draw a Basic Pokemon in their opening hand do I have to draw my card right away, or can I wait to see if there are more Mulligans before drawing my cards?
A. The current rulebook says, "Each time your opponent shuffles his or her hand back into his or her deck because there were no Basic Pokemon, you may draw an extra card!" So you must draw the card when the shuffle takes place or you are assumed to have passed on your option to draw a card. (Jan 3, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

While the XY rulebook has the same quote, it also says during the 'full details of taking mulligan' that mulligan draws are not taken before step C, which is after the person who mulliganed drew an opening hand with a basic pokémon.
Are mulligan cards still taken immediately, or has this rule changed though it was not a part of the rule change announcement?

Thanks in advance :)

1. Your hand is private. The game doesn't know if you drew basics from the mulligan cards or not.
You can place more basics to the bench until the game starts.

2. New rules out rule old rulings.

Back