3 Energy Retrival BLW-92
2 Energy Search BCR-128
4 Pokemon Communication BLW-99
3 Skyla BCR-134
2 Rare Candy DEX-100
3 Professor Juniper DEX-98
2 Aspertia City Gym BCR-127

15 Lightning Energy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my thoughts going into this deck were to counter the biggest threats that we can see in this format. Blastoise/Keldeo EX and Terrakion/Hyperion. To deal with Blastoise/Keldeo I ran a 4-2-4 line of Ampharos. Ampharos's ability electromagnetic wall makes the opponent put on 3 damage counters for each basic energy attached from the hand. Also its respectable 140 HP means it can take a few hits before getting knocked out. The goal of it is to punish the opponent for every deluge they use, so when the stack energy onto their Keldeo EX they will be slowly killing themselves and I can take the two prizes in no time.

As for countering Terrakion/Hyperion I ran 2 Tornadus EX, the most viable Terrakion counter in the format. Its fighting resistance and hefty 170 HP makes it a force to be reckoned with, plus with Aspertia City Gym, it can be taking quick prizes.

My other two pokemon, the 4 Zekrom and the 3-3 line of Electivire both serve a purpose as well. Zekrom is their to add consistency at the beginning of matches. Its a heavy basic pokemon that would be a great help if I can't get out a Tornadus EX or a basic in fast enough. As for Electivire, dealing 30 damage to all pokemon on the opponents bench can be good for taking cheap prizes close to the beginning of the round.

Obviously the main thing I seem to be missing is Pokemon Catcher. Unfortunately with my current budget I cant afford to run four 20 dollar cards, so maybe I will add those in time.

Besides that I think this is a fairly competitive deck, but it doesn't have a whole lot of staying power. It peeters out as the match goes on, since it depends on taking knockouts early in the match, from Ampharos's ability, or from Tornadus EX.

If you have any suggestions, please share because my deck definitely needs a lot of work. This is my first ever build so please be nice :).

Thanks,
Josh
Repeatattempt

Err, Landorus EX will make this a very difficult play... But I built a Darkrai EX deck before he came out, so I'm in the same boat. Just on a consistency level, moar Supporters. The 6 I'm counting won't be enough. N is a very useful card most run 4 of, along with 2 or 3 Cheren or Bianca. Now you don't seem to be running an energy acceleration, which is usually integral to a Lightning deck. Again, Landorus EX has made Tynamo/Eelectrick much less viable, but I'd consider running a 4-4 and cutting down the Ampharos and Electrabuzz lines by 1-1 each, at least.

Awesome thanks, anyone have a good counter for Landorus EX. Because after some research that seems to be a major hole in this build.

UPDATE:
3 Zekrom BLW-47
2 Mareep DRX-38
1 Flaaffy DRX-39
2 Ampharos DRX-40
2 Electabuzz BCR-53
2 Electivire BCR-54
2 Tornadus EX DEX-90
2 Thundurus EP-97

3 Switch BCR-135
3 Energy Retrival BLW-92
2 Energy Search BCR-128
3 Pokemon Communication BLW-99
3 Skyla BCR-134
2 Rare Candy DEX-100
2 Professor Juniper DEX-98
2 Aspertia City Gym BCR-127
3 N NV-92
2 Cheren EP-91

14 Lightning Energy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More supporters added for consistency.
Thundurus added for energy acceleration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back