Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New pokemon cards Lost link

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing too special but i am excited to see the major manipulation of the lost zone.
it will create a fun play

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

scratch what i just posted.

THAT MEW CARD IS AMAZING!

Last edited:
Awesome that we are getting Pokémon who can utilize the lost zone mechanics.

And the stadium that counters them. That Stadium is just awesome, I'm so looking forward to Absol G/Palkia G based control decks that can just drop the stadium and declare the game as won.

Also, KOing something like Gengar Lv.X with Giratina/Darkrai-Cressy places 4 Pokémon to your opponent's lost zone... that's 2 more and the game is won.

Really looking forward for the new dimension of Lost zone.

You guys don't have any idea how many times I've joked about, "They should just make a card that says, 'When you play this card from your hand, you win the game.'" I can't believe that they just did. lol

Last edited:
Crazy. Just crazy. I wonder why they released a Lost Zone "Teaser" in the form of Platinum. Have there been ANY other Lost Zone cards besides Giratina, Dialga G X, and Palkia G X?

Crazy. Just crazy. I wonder why they released a Lost Zone "Teaser" in the form of Platinum. Have there been ANY other Lost Zone cards besides Giratina, Dialga G X, and Palkia G X?

Arceus AR5 tosses energy in the lost zone, Absol G Lv. X drops cards from the top of their deck into the lost zone... There are probably some I'm missing.

Lost World is just amazing. Assuming that I'm reading it right, if you send a stage 2 and it's Lv.X to the Lost Zone then that's already 4 Pokemon. And then there's just 2 more to go.

Darkrai/Cresselia with Palkia G FTW!

You have five Benched? Well, I'll Lost Cyclone two of them away, and use Lost Crisis to KO your Active. Next turn I win.

Stadium = Epic and so is Espeon Prime.

Darkrai/Cresselia with Palkia G FTW!

You have five Benched? Well, I'll Lost Cyclone two of them away, and use Lost Crisis to KO your Active. Next turn I win.
Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone. You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

That's only 4 Pokemon in your opponents Lost Zone.....so that won't work.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Assuming they had a Stage 2 LV. X out there, yes, it will work. Or even if they candied it, now they won't be able to play more than 3 Bench, since you'll Lost Cyclone and win the game.

Another thing I noticed, that Lucario would be pretty awesome if the very basis of it wasn't a liability with the new Stadium.

How many people play deck that have that? But that would be epic sauce as you would only need to survive 1 turn. I wonder how it would deal with Legends....

EDIT: I know a better way of abusing that Stadium.... >=D

Last edited:
So finally, some Lost Link cards are revealed, as well as some promos. Wow, the Lost Zone has become quite destructive. Let me express my opinoin of each.

Well first, let's get to one card that I think is just way too broken, Lost World, a stadium from the set. Yeah, that card is just one broken card. As long as the stadium is in play, a player can declared him/herself victory if your opponent has at least 6 Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Yeah, that's just way too broken. Since this set is too focused on the Lost Zone (which is good since the Platinum era almost ignored it pretty much), I'm pretty sure lots of decks using the lost zone will be played so that they can find a way to win the game.

Now for Mew Prime; it looks quite interesting. It's almost Mew ex all over again, except the Pokemon it can copy needs to be in the lost zone. I can bet that there may be a new Mew trick deck that will use a similar strategy with several attackers, but instead of using them in play, you almost use them in the Lost Zone. Some will go to the Lost Zone through Mew's attack, and from there, Mew does all the attacking. Put Belt to increase HP and damage, and use the body to do a good attack from a Pokemon you have in the lost zone. Indeed, this deck is beginning to fascinate me, but the problem with Mew Prime is that Dialga G will just ruin it, so you may need to bring a Dialga G counter just to be safe.

Lucario does deserve some mentioning. It can do lots of damage if you have a good amount of Pokemon in the lost zone. Then you can put Expert Belt to increase more damage. Indeed, it will be quite interesting.

Cresselia and Darkrai Legend are nice I must say. Lost Crisis is both good and bad. Bad because it needs lots of energies to use, and good because of likely brining a Pokemon to the lost zone in most cases due to doing 100 damage. The second attack looks insane. With no Unown G at the time this card comes out, moving damage counters around, some going to KO, will be quite broken.

Now lets get to the promos. Two of which are also from this set.

The Zangoose is decent. It can hit more using Swords Dance, and then it can be great for disruption. The ability to get a card from your opponent's hand into the lost zone is cool, but it uses lots of energy to do so, so make sure you have DCE.

As Scizor Prime is used to counter, Lost Remover is another card that will be use to counter DCE. When played, you can bring a special energy card, like DCE, attached to one of your Pokemon to the lost zone. Being a trainer, you can play as many as you want each turn. This is indeed one insane card. Better like your DCE, because it won't be long before it will be in the lost zone.

Now for the Espeon and Umbreon Primes, they are both very good. Espeon is like Mew Prime, but it uses any Eeveelution attack you have in play instead. This can make Espeon a good attacker. The problem though, which is actually big, is that Leafeon and Glaceon Lv. X will be rotated by the time these card come out, and both could really help Espeon. Oh well, at least the Eeveelutions in Revived Legends are fine.

Umbreon Prime is also good. Like Espeon, it can be another good attacker. The poke-power can be dissruptive if you get heads, for which it brings the defending Pokemon and all cards on it back into your opponent's hand if you get heads. The attack is what could be interesting, as well as good. Doing 50 for each Eeveelution is very nice. If you have at least 3 on the bench, you can do 80-100 damage. Put Expert Belt ot make it more deadly. It does indeed make a good partner to Espeon at least, but Donphan is something it needs to look out for.

Well, many of the cards shown today are quite good I must say. I really like them: the Mew Prime, Espeon Prime, and Umbreon Prime especially. I definintely can't wait for their release.

Well first, let's get to one card that I think is just way too broken, Lost World, a stadium from the set. Yeah, that card is just one broken card. As long as the stadium is in play, a player can declared him/herself victory if your opponent has at least 6 Pokemon in the Lost Zone. Yeah, that's just way too broken. Since this set is too focused on the Lost Zone (which is good since the Platinum era almost ignored it pretty much), I'm pretty sure lots of decks using the lost zone will be played so that they can find a way to win the game.

Isn't that the point of Pokemon TCG nowadays: Playing card combo's so noobs can win tournaments without having their brains involved while nothing else can exist in the format?

But, uhhh... Lost remover helps your opponent get more cards in his lost zone, AKA closer to a win condition. It's got a pretty major cost to play, if you ask me.

Mew Prime + Lucario = <3333

------------------

Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone. You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

At first glance, many of you may think "ZOMGZZ!!!!1!!11!11111 ITZ SO BROKENZZ!!!11!!!111!11" But seriously, GET OVER IT. There are WAYS to counter that stupid card. Trust me.

Facing Palkia G Lv.X.
-Keep your bench small, and never go big,
-If running evolved Pokemon, only send basic Pokemon in the first Lost Cyclone, then don't fill it up again EVER.

Facing Giratina Lv.X
-Manectric PT and Nidoqueen RR kills it. Yeah?

Facing Darkrai & Cresselia Prime
-Counter this fast with a Donphan prime reponse that can do like uhh... a full Knockout with Expert Belt attached? Yeah people, that card is FOREVER to charge up so a simple Donphan **** with Reversal would screw them over HARDCORE.

Facing Absol G Lv.X
-Run some Power sprays to deal with it as well as some Slowking from HS.

Facing Zangoose
-If worried about that card, hide ANY pokemon if you can, Lol.

So there you go, and do us a favour - Quit overhyping any cards, it's bad for you.

Mew Prime + Lucario = <3333

------------------

At first glance, many of you may think "ZOMGZZ!!!!1!!11!11111 ITZ SO BROKENZZ!!!11!!!111!11" But seriously, GET OVER IT. There are WAYS to counter that stupid card. Trust me.

Facing Palkia G Lv.X.
-Keep your bench small, and never go big,
-If running evolved Pokemon, only send basic Pokemon in the first Lost Cyclone, then don't fill it up again EVER. I wonder if there is a card that makes your opponents bench bigger?

Facing Giratina Lv.X
-Manectric PT and Nidoqueen RR kills it. Yeah? Giratina doesn't need to spread cuz Broken-Space Blow says hello.

Facing Darkrai & Cresselia Prime
-Counter this fast with a Donphan prime reponse that can do like uhh... a full Knockout with Expert Belt attached? Yeah people, that card is FOREVER to charge up so a simple Donphan **** with Reversal would screw them over HARDCORE. Legend Box is also a nice way to get the Legend out fast and it doesn't need to flip for it. I also didn't know Donphan could 1HKO it with it's 80 damage cap, unless you are willing to spam all Crobats and Plus Powers on that 1 Legend

Facing Absol G Lv.X
-Run some Power sprays to deal with it as well as some Slowking from HS. What good wil Slowking do vs that if they can use it as well? Keep it with spray

Facing Zangoose
-If worried about that card, hide ANY pokemon if you can, Lol. Nothing there, even with the many ways of looking at your opponents hand.

So there you go, and do us a favour - Quit overhyping any cards, it's bad for you.

Replies in bold for 17 characters

But, uhhh... Lost remover helps your opponent get more cards in his lost zone, AKA closer to a win condition. It's got a pretty major cost to play, if you ask me.

Wasn't Lost Remover all about taking SPECIAL energy OUT of the LZ?

Last edited:
The usual hype, most of those cards wont see play ever...

Still not looking forward to flipflop absol/gym deck, why do they even print stuff like this?
Otherwise, Mew sucks, Lucario is ok but too risky, Cress/Dark is way to expensive.

Eeveelutions are nice, looking forward for the rest of them. And Energy Removal? WHY?! THrough I'm not sure if its worth the space when you can only discard DCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back