Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Pokemon TCG Simulator!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Windows only simulator? >_< Apprentice was more than enough for me ... (Since I can't use it)

Appr has a lot of things that could be better, so I don't see a reason against trying to improve it.

Appr is also has very poor documentation, and is geared toward the experienced players getting better, not the new guys learning.

So, while appr is probably fine for us veterans, something like this with more explanation and a help section is great for those new to the game - and that's what we want - more people new to the game.

Appr has a lot of things that could be better, so I don't see a reason against trying to improve it.

Appr is also has very poor documentation, and is geared toward the experienced players getting better, not the new guys learning.

So, while appr is probably fine for us veterans, something like this with more explanation and a help section is great for those new to the game - and that's what we want - more people new to the game.

That's _completely_ it.

Apprentice source code isn't available anywhere due to legal issues with Wizards, so what RedShark really needs to become THE Pokémon TCG online gaming software is what Apprentice has and what should have. This beta version already has some interesting improvements to Appr. Give it some time and you will see! ;)

I also am not pleased with it only being a Windows program. But that's what happens when the majority of people have a Windows based system. So there's no point in me complaining about it. I'll just move on.

GG

I messed around with it for a few minutes. It's a good start. The color scheme has got to go though.

Last edited:
why is appr not liked again?

You can't use it on Macs.

Apart from that (which is a huge problem for a Mac user like me), Apprentice is a discontinued project, isn't it? Since no new version ever will come out, it might be a good thing for Windows users that a new program is out. It seems to have been made by a dedicated programmer, so it's good to have a program that's still "active" and not dead. Awe well, I have to find a Windows computer first before I can make any judgement anyway.

What happened to OCTGN?

it was the greatest, the only reason to use apprentice is because most players have apprentice.

I never liked OCTGN, it wasn't nearly as user-friendly as appr. Not by a longshot.

And patches are still made for Apprentice, so it isn't entirly discontinued. I really don't know what else I would change with it to be honest, exept maybe the ability to highlight cards and move them all at the same time.

Apprentice is ok, but it is somewhat oldish and ugly. Redshark is a much better improvement, and at least it uses Pokemon TCG terms (no more Library = Deck questions).

Question: I just took 20 minutes typing in a deck list in Redshark and clicke "save and exit" once I was done. Where is my deck list now???
Thnx in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back