Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Set Deck List

Status
Not open for further replies.

battleboy

I would like to try this deck out as soon as I can because it looks just so fun. Gourgeist does 20 to all your opponents Pokemon and it's second attack brings down both you and your opponent's HP down to 10, just in range for hypnotoxic laser to take the prize, or you can use Dusknoir to spread damage around to the bench and take multiple prizes that way.

Pokemon-18

4-4 Gourgeist
4 Sableye
2-1-2 Dusknoir
1 Keldeo EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums-34

4 Juniper/Sycamore
4 N
2 Skyla
2 Colress

3 Hypnotoxic Lasers
3 EXP. Share
2 Lv. Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Evolutionary Soda
2 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Catcher
1 Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Float Stone
1 Life Dew

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy-8

4 Psychic Energy
4 Blend Energy DGPF

The strategy for this deck is to get sableye up first and spamming Hypnotoxic Lasers, while setting up your bench with Gourgeist and a dusknoir. Just in case of status effect and for the sake of free retreat I put Keldeo EX in there, that if needed can do damage. You can take down your opponent's EX's with Gourgeist and HTL and have other Gorgeist's with EXP. Share on them. I added Life Dew just to make it so where your opponent can't one-shot everything to get a prize. Tell me what you think and if you think I should make changes to the deck please comment!

Pumpkaboo - Psychic - HP60
Basic Pokemon

[P] Confuse Ray: Your opponent's Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Gourgeist - Psychic - HP100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Pumpkaboo

[P] Eerie Singing Voice: Put 2 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.
[P][P] Soul Scream: Put damage counters on both Active Pokemon until each Active Pokemon's remaining HP is 10.

Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Evolutionary Soda - Trainer
Item

Choose 1 of your Pokemon that wasn’t put into play this turn. Search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from that Pokemon and put it on that Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards. You can’t use this card on your first turn.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

Sounds really fun to me, but what would you do in a situation where Dusknoir can't come out (prizes?) and the opponent beats your gourgeist with a laser? What if Juniper/Sycamore/N weren't in your hand?

I think that might be the downfall of this deck, and my other question is would you really be able to afford 3 energies that get stuck on Keldeo in a pinch? For a measly 50 damage? There is usually a reason why Blastoise is used when Keldeo attacks, otherwise he is a bench sitter.

I'll do some thinking and let you know later if I come up with anything. :)

I would possibly kill the Life Dew and put in a Computer Search or a Dowsing machine, or even better a Scramble Switch because it acts as a full powered exp share/switch hybrid. Pretty nice :)

I would also try to add in a Mew EX from DRX or RC (legendary treasures radiant collection) because the ability allows it to use any move in play as long as the required pokemon are in play. It serves as a meat shield basically :/ I would maybe swap it for a pokemon catcher since the coin flip makes them not as reliable anymore. That's just my .02 :)

I will try taking out Life Dew in replace of Computer Search or Scramble Switch, I don't really like the idea of putting mew in since it has low hp and is an EX at the same time, that would just be like allowing two prizes instead of one. For the dusknoir situation I could take out 1 Pumpkaboo and a Gourgeist, or a Sableye and a N. League is coming up soon so I'll get the chance to try this deck out and see how it plays against the other decks.

(attacking with Keldeo is a last resort type of thing normally I would never do that, although if I put in scramble switch that would be more likely)

What makes this superior to Raticate? I feel like the two energy cost is totally offset by the damage to yourself. If I were you, I would drop the Dusknoir line to put in Gardevoir. If you did that, I would drop the EXP Shares for a 4th Laser and 2 Supporters.

But let's be honest, there is a glaring hole in the strategy of this deck. Your opponent could score a KO almost every turn attacking with Solosis, Magikarp, Tynamo, Hoppip, etc. How are you able to combat that? If you can tell me why that's not a problem, then I'll believe in this deck. Until then, I would recommend you use something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back