Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New to Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninety9lives

Hey Guys,
Im an ex Yugioh player from NZ, Im one of the top 30 players in the country, it got boring and now we are starting up Pokemon Leagues at our local HL.
I intend to dominate the Pokemon scene here like I did Yugioh, only problem being Ive found NO WHERE with up to date pokemon meta.
I was wondering if I could get some help on basic deck building and ratios for Pokemon.
Yugioh goes something like 20 monster 13 Spell 7 Trap.

How does Pokemon work?

For brand new players I usually recommend the 20-20-20 rule. 20 Pokekon 20 Trainers and 20 energy.
But as you are not new to trading card games, most decks run 20-25 Pokemon 18-23 trainers and
15-20 Energy (all equaling 60 of course. Depending on the energy requirements of the pokemon in your deck will dictate weather you are in the high or low end. Rainbow decks (ones with many different color types of pokemon) have been possible the past 3 years due to a large supply of special energy's that could be any type. But After worlds next week all those cards will no longer be legal for tournament play so you should stick to one or two type of pokemon in your decks.

Next year the format will be limited to Diamond and Pearl and the sets that were released after it. So don't waste any resources buying packs or cards from the EX sets. Study up on the available sets and make your deck from whatever idea strikes your fancy.

Good luck and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM and ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back