Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New to the game

kawrd

Hi, i havent played since the fossil set and im looking to start up again, the store near me has the 3 diamond and pearl theme decks, the 3 great encounter theme decks, and the 2 mysterious treasure theme decks, it also has the starter pack thing with 2 30 card decks. I was wondering if anyone knew which of these i should get? and had a list of what cards are in each of them.. thanks alot!

Well, it depends on what you want to make. I'd recomend buying the Infernape or Empoleon starter decks, or the Darkrai one, because all three have usable cards (Porygon-Z, Infernape, Empoleon, and Darkrai). I'd then recomend getting boosters to help make better decks. The Starter Pack can be good for beginners, but only Lucario is actually good in them. My advice.

thanks alot man, do you know where i could find a list of what cards are in what decks? also what boosters would be best to start off with?

The list of cards is probally somewhere on the Gym, I'll try to find it now. And as for boosters, well, again, it depends on what you want to make. Secret Wonders boosters are probally the best, because they have some of the best cards in the game. However, Great Encounters can be a nice place to start, it has Pachirisu and Claydol, 2 of the most commonly used cards in the game.

thanks alot ill probably get the empoleon or darkrai theme deck and get some secret wonders boosters, cheers for looking for the card lists i couldnt find them and i really wana see whats in the decks before i buy them = (

Well... one thing you could do is look at the back of the Starter Decks... that will have the list. Now, back to my search for lists. :p

na bro i cant i tried, they have a stupid plastic thing around them, some security thing and u cant see the back of the box..........

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

plz say youve found them :( lol

Last edited:
Well, I can't find them, but in Empoleon I know that Empoleon is the only good card, and in Darkrai, Darkrai and Porygon-Z are the only good cards. Empoleon is the best of the 3, but you need 3 and a Lv.X or 4 to make it work well. Porygon-Z is the 2nd best, but you need 3 or 4 for it to work well, plus a lot of different types of Energy. Darkrai is 3rd, but you need 2 Darkrai and 2 Darkrai Lv.X for it to work well.

I hope this comes in time for your needs and helps. I know how frustrating it is to look for these lists and can't find them. I added the other two deck lists from Great Encounters as well for anyone else who finds this and might want those.

Diamond & Pearls Theme Deck List

ROYAL FROST --aka Empoleon Deck

1x Empoleon
2x Prinplup
4x Piplup
1x Floatzel
4x Buizel
2x Magneton
4x Magnemite
1x Noctowl
4x Hoothoot
2x Goldeen
2x Rival
2x PlusPower
2x Energy Switch
1x Double Full Heal
2x Energy Search
2x Potion
18x Water Energy
6x Metal Energy

Great Encounters Theme Decks

Endless Night (TCG) - aka Darkrai Deck

1x Darkrai
2x Cacturne
4x Cacnea
1x Beedrill
2x Kakuna
4x Weedle
1x Houndoom
4× Houndour
4× Slugma
2x Zangoose
2x Quick Ball
2x Energy Search
2x Potion
1x Leftovers
2× Roseanne's Research
2× Amulet Coin
10x Grass Energy
8× Fire Energy
6× Darkness Energy

Eternal Time (TCG) - aka Dialga Deck

1× Dialga
1× Porygon-Z
2× Porygon2
4× Porygon
2× Solrock
2× Lunatone
1× Primeape
4× Makuhita
4× Togepi
2× Skarmory
2× Poké Ball
2× Energy Search
2× Switch
1× Amulet Coin
2× Professor Oak's Visit
2× Leftovers
16× Fighting Energy
8× Metal Energy

Infinite Space (TCG) - aka Palkia Deck

1x Palkia
1x Exploud
2x Loudred
4x Whismur
1x Slowking
4x Slowpoke
4x Buizel
2x Arbok
4x Ekans
2x Krabby
2x Dusk Ball
2x Energy Search
2x Potion
1x Moonlight Stadium
2x Felicity's Drawing
2x Amulet Coin
16x Water Energy
8x Psychic Energy

Oh, oops, I was mixing up the Porygon-Z with Beedrill :(

So, now Dialga is actually a good Starter deck too, because it has Porygon-Z. And, it has Lunasol.

Back