Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Newbie trying to build a deck

lordantwarrior

Hey I'm fairly new here, and have never played properly at a tournament mainly because I didn't have a clue we even had any tourneys here in the UK until today.

I would like some help with building a deck. I know roughly all the vital cards and such, like Claydol, Rare Candy, Bebe's etc. But I'm having trouble deciding what to build my deck around.

Level Xs I have:

Dusknoir (Strong Candidate)
Raichu
Heatran X2
Regigigas
Mewtwo
Porygon Z (Not a chance lol)
Leafeon

I know to build a successful deck I'd need at least two of the LV.X I choose. I can always buy another one off ebay (Which works out cheaper than trying to pull them anyways). Also, the other cards shouldn't be a problem (E.g. If I choose Leafeon I wouldn't find it too much of a problem to find a couple of the Leafeon Holos from MD. And same with Dusknoir if I chose his LV.X). Any combos you can see here with these LV.Xs? Any combos which are well known to work well?

Like I say I am fairly new to deck building etc I have just been a collector for years so go easy on me! :lol:

At the moment I am leaning towards Dusknoir or Leafeon...

You don't always need 2 copies of the LV X. Dusknoir only run one so they can use 2 Shadow Command and 1 Dark Palm Dusknoir. Most Regigigas decks on use 1 of the LV X too. Azelf LA helps you get it out if it is prized.

Raichu and Leafeon can work with 1 LV X (2 Leafeons is probably better though).

Mewtwo and Heatran are mostly used as techs in decks where other Pokemon are the main attackers so one of them is fine.

The Stage 2 holos shouldn't be too hard to get once you decide what deck to build.

So far I have:

1 Dusknoir LV.X
2 Shadow Command Dusknoir
1 Dark Palm Dusknoir
3 Dusclops
4 Duskull
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Unown G

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne’s Research
2 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Bebe's

Or for Leafeon:

2 Leafeon LV.X
2 Leafeon (Holo version)
4 Eevee
1 Umbreon (Because of free retreat etc)
1 Espeon (Because of extra HP etc)
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Unown G

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne’s Research
2 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Bebe's
1 Dawn Stadium

Not much else so far besides that =/

it depends if you are willing to go out and spend money. IMO, dusknoir is one of the least expensive decks, because you don't need claydol to fuel the deck.

Dusknoir (Strong Candidate)(this is what i play. great with mewtwo, and never gets discarded once KO'ed)
Raichu(Not very good as a consistant deck, but could make a LeafeonX/RaichuX red face paint))
Heatran X2(only as a Magmortar/Magnezone Tech)
Regigigas(good to play with LeafeonX. Big in the Metagame in most areas)
Mewtwo(good dusky tech, but not on its own)
Porygon Z (Not a chance lol)(exactly)
Leafeon(great energy excelleration, works best with SF T-Tar)

id reccomend LeafeonX with Either SF T-tar or GE Sceptile/Torterra, OR DusknoirX and MewtwoX with Azelf X teched.

You seem to have all the basics you need to make 2 good decks.

The one thing that they both lack is some kind of support Pokemon or back-up attacker.

For the Dusknoir deck, you could try Gengar SF, Azelf LV X, Uxie LV X, Mewtwo LV X or even Gardevoir SW. There are other good Pokemon to run with it too ;-).

Leafeon is usually run with a 2-1-2 line of Sceptile from GE because this doubles the amount of Grass Energy you have in play, and can be an attacker (even though it is rubbish).

1 Dusknoir LV.X
2 Shadow Command Dusknoir
1 Dark Palm Dusknoir
3 Dusclops
4 Duskull
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol
1 Unown G

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne’s Research
2 Luxury Ball
2 Premier Ball
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenance
4 Bebe's

Improving on your Dusky line:
4-2-(1/1/1)-1 Dusknoir SF1/DP2/DP33
2-2 Claydol
2 Unown G
1 Azelf
1 Uxie

4 Rare Candy
4 Bebe's Search
4 Roseanne's Research
2 Night Maintenance
2 Warp Point
2 Moonlight Stadium
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball

I wouldn't say you really need 2-2 Claydol in Dusknoir. SF #1 gives you some draw, and you have Uxie, so you're not entirely dependent on it. Maybe a 1-1.

You seem to have all the basics you need to make 2 good decks.

The one thing that they both lack is some kind of support Pokemon or back-up attacker.

For the Dusknoir deck, you could try Gengar SF, Azelf LV X, Uxie LV X, Mewtwo LV X or even Gardevoir SW. There are other good Pokemon to run with it too ;-).

Leafeon is usually run with a 2-1-2 line of Sceptile from GE because this doubles the amount of Grass Energy you have in play, and can be an attacker (even though it is rubbish).

Holy crap that's weird. I literally JUST pulled an Azelf LV.X today. I swear it's like my first LV.X pull from Legends Awakened :biggrin:

On topic, thank you all for your suggestions. I do like the idea of Mewtwo, Azelf and Uxie in a Dusknoir deck, although wouldn't it be a bit too cramped?

And for the above poster, that sounds like such an awesome idea! It's a shame Magmortar X's seem so pricey. Add that to the cost of another Leafeon and well we're looking at a rather expensive deck. Maybe I could pull off some trades or something. I thank my lucky stars that I managed to pull even one Leafeon, because they're like £20 or something here on Ebay UK.

Back