Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

clement30

I was just wondering what a good deck after worlds would look like? All deck ideas are welcome(I need the help). I have heard a few, but not all of them. I would prefer a deck based on the new T-tar.

Tyranitar L.57 – Darkness – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Pupitar

[D][C] Retaliate: 40 damage. If your opponent has 1 Prize card remaining, this attack does an additional 40 damage, and discard 3 cards from the top of your opponent’s deck.
[F][F][D][D] Ground Burn: 80 damage. Discard 1 card from the top of each player’s deck. This attack does an additional 20 damage for each Energy card discarded in this way.

Weakness: Fighting (+30)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

One deck idea i have(non T-tar related) is Gyrados with Ambipom

Pokemon:15
3 Magikarp (DP2)
3 Gyrados (DP2)
3 Aipom (DP2)
3 Ambipom (DP2)
3 Luvdisc (CG)

Trainers:31
4 Celio's Network
3 TV Reporter
4 Castaway
3 Strength Charm
2 Crystal Shard
3 Stevens
4 Windstorm
3 Copycat
3 Holon Mentor
2 Switch/ Warp Point

Energy:14
8 Water
4 DRE
2 Scramble

Magikarp L.13 – Water – HP30
Basic Pokemon

[C] Flail: Does 10 damage x the number of damage counters on Magikarp
[W][W] Dragon Rage: 60 damage. Flip 2 coins, if either one is tails, this attack does nothing.

Weakness: Lightning (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Gyarados L.49 – Water – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Magikarp

Poke-Body: Dragon DNA
Gyarados can use any of the attacks from its pre-evolved form as its own (Gyarados must still have the Energy to pay for the attack’s Energy cost). If Gyarados uses an attack from its pre-evolved form, any damage done to any Active Pokemon by the attack is increased by 30.

[W][W][C][C] Thrash Apart: 80 damage. Flip a coin until you get tails. For each heads, discard 1 card from your opponent’s hand without looking. If the first coin flip is tails, Gyarados is now Confused.

Weakness: Lightning (+30)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 2

Aipom L.17 – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Tail Smack: 10 damage.
[C][C] Trash: Does 20 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. Before doing damage, discard all Pokemon Tool cards attached to that Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)

Ambipom L.36 – Colorless – HP80
Stage 1 – Evolves from Aipom

[C][C] Commanding Tail: 30 damage. Your opponent flips a coin until he or she gets heads. For each tails, remove an Energy from the Defending Pokemon and put it at the bottom of your opponent’s deck.
[C][C] Charity Tail: 80 damage. Before doing damage, your opponent may discard 2 cards from his or her hand. If they do, this attack’s base damage is 10 instead of 80.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)

Tell me what you think.

this isn't my list. Someone (pokemonsforgeeks) PM'd it to me cause i was trying to make a T-tar deck too.

Pokemon: 19
x4 Rhyhorn
x2 Rhydon
x4 Rhyperior
x2 Larvitar
x1 Pupitar
x2 Tyranitar MT
x4 Chingling MT

Trainers: 25
x4 Rare Candy
x4 Celios
x4 Super Scoop Up
x4 Potion
x3 Holon Mentor
x2 Switch
x2 TV Reporter
x1 Prof Oaks rsrch
x1 Stevens Advice

Energy: 16
x4 Fighting
x4 Darkness (sp)
x4 DRE
x4 Scramble

I like the disruption idea with that deck Master, but I just have a few mods to it.

Pokemon:22
3-2-3 Rhyperior
3-2-3 T-tar
4 Luvdisc
2 Mantine d

Trainers:25
3 Rare Candy
4 Celios
4 Super Scoop Up
3 Holon Mentor
2 Switch
3 TV Reporter
3 Holon Adventurer
2 Copycat
1 Scott

Energy:13
6 Fighting
4 Dark (special)
3 DRE

Reasons for the Mods: 1) I LOVE Luvdisc in the next format, 2) 4-2-4 Rhyperior is very risky with no more Briney, 3) More trainers for draw and discarding energy, that way, you can use mantine to do T-tar's second attack more consistantly, 4) I took out scramble for one main reason, you should NEVER be behind with this deck, except for very early in the game, even then, you should be setup with t-tar very quickly.
Try is with this list, and, again, I would love feedback on my Gyrados list.

the deck needs nidoqueen
i like tyrannitar and rhyperior, but the ttar is for late game or as an attacker but ultimately discards less cards than rhyperior which would be the deck focus with ttar as more of a last resort

So your suggesting a 2-1-2 line of Nidoqueen for my Gyarados deck? I'm trying to stay away from stage 2s. They just seem too long to build up for me.

I don't see how Gyarados/Ambipom works. They're both great cards, but Ambipom's only use is really in Japan's format, where it can be comboed with Rocket's Admin in half decks to destroy opponent's hands. In our 60 card deck tournaments without Admin, I don't see how the opponent would let you do the 80 damage.

I don't see how Gyarados/Ambipom works. They're both great cards, but Ambipom's only use is really in Japan's format, where it can be comboed with Rocket's Admin in half decks to destroy opponent's hands. In our 60 card deck tournaments without Admin, I don't see how the opponent would let you do the 80 damage.

Its not to hard to see why they may let 80 slide by.

Attacks like pull away drop them to 4 cards, there going to keep the four they need the most, so there going to want to try and keep them. And say u have empoleon lv. x, then you set 2 aside and then follow up with ambipom. I think it will see a decent amount of play.

the point is to discard their hand with Gyarados, then sweep them out with Ambipom. Although i like the combo with Empoleon lv.X. I think i'll try that combo instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back