Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next league Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyroid

Well, After we ordered the last season with Warp Point, It showed that the next league season after that was called "Ring Drop Season"
Discuss

Looks like it's going to be a Pokeathlon-based season. Other than that, nobody knows yet. I'll bet it'll use the same promo format as before, only with 1 track for both TCG and video game play. Last year's separate tracks seemed to go over like a lead Drifloon.

And yes, Promocroak would make a great League promo.

- Croatian "faster, better, stronger" Nidoking

Ring Drop is the name of the next season, and will run from Monday, September 27 through Monday, November 1.

Whatever game tracks will be used and the prize support structure will remain unknown until early September.

Last edited:
Drat, I was hoping they would redo the Johto badges like they did with Kanto when the FireRed and LeeafGreen Games came out. Gimme my new updated Rising Badge already!
~Cyber~

Rain Drop is the name of the next season, and will run from Monday, September 27 through Monday, November 1.

Whatever game tracks will be used and the prize support structure will remain unknown until early September.

Actually, it is Ring Drop. As seen on Pokemon.com:

Next Season: Ring Drop Sep 27, 2010 to Nov 01, 2010

I dunno anything about the Pokeathelon, but aren't they based on skills in your Pokemon? Like you should use one that has a high Speed for X event, or high Sp. Def for another? If so, I could seem them doing something like Sableye as a promo along with another Poke that's known for it's speed in the VG for the speed event, etc.

If that's not how the games work though, disregard.

i hope its good stuff or those clash at the summit promos
1000 for 4 or swap seats for 2 that's just awesome

Those were jumbo cards.

kwisdumb said:
I dunno anything about the Pokeathelon, but aren't they based on skills in your Pokemon? Like you should use one that has a high Speed for X event, or high Sp. Def for another? If so, I could seem them doing something like Sableye as a promo along with another Poke that's known for it's speed in the VG for the speed event, etc.

If that's not how the games work though, disregard.

Actually, each Pokemon has a seperate set of stats for the Pokeathlon (Stars out of 5). These stars aren't affected by base stat directly, but they do tend to follow them somewhat. Also, they tend to match more the KIND of Pokemon. For example, pretty much all birds have either a 4 or 5 in Jump. Small critters, like Rattata, usually have high Speed (Not Speed base stat, but Pokeathlon stat). Fighting-types and Rock-types usually have high Power, etc., etc.

So they could match them, but it wouldn't be by base stats.

I am also disappointed we don't get another crack at Johto, but it kind of makes sense. After all, we've got Black and White coming up soon. By doing 5 Pokeathlon events instead of 8 Gym Leaders (maybe +Elite Four) it means we can get to the new season faster.

So we're getting Isshu badges almost a year after the game's release? That's kinda lame...
But what if they printed a Poke-athlon series of cards for the league promos,like Apricorn Juice trainer or Snowball fight Stadium.

So we're getting Isshu badges almost a year after the game's release? That's kinda lame...

Why release the Isshu badges before Black and White are released? That makes no sense. They are likely to be available for the 2011-2012 Pokémon League cycle, after Black and White's releases.

Also, BW aren't being released outside Japan probably until the Spring. My guess would be around April/May. Be patient ^_^.

I was hopeing for Joto Badges again I ended up buying the orignal set off ebay all 16 Original Badges for $20 not bad deal but I was wanitng new badges look for my Case

You know how the last seasons in league have been named for characters in Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum? Well, we've gone through the full list of the heads of each of the Battle facilities, so it's time to start something different. So instead of the Rival season, the Palmer season, etc., now we'll have seasons named after Pokeathlon events. That's all we know so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back