Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next Pre-release may conflict with some CCs

SteveP

My local PTO has been contacted about running the next Team Aqua/Magma Pre-release. Evidently, some Pre-releases will be run on the same day as some of the City Championships. Things are gonna get really busy and exciting the next 3 months with the numerous CCs, SCs, and Pre-releases. That's only GOOD! :D

Last edited:
The initial plan was to hold CC tournaments through February, have the Prereleases either March 6/7 or 13/14, then allow CCs on the next two weekends (March 20/21 or 27/28). I wasn't aware that changes had been made to that plan. I notice that Colorado does have a CC scheduled for one of the Prerelease weekends. I wonder if someone chose a date they weren't supposed to use for a CC.

BDS

Last edited:
Big Daddy Snorlax said:
The initial plan was to hold CC tournaments through February, have the Prereleases either March 6/7 or 13/14, then allow CCs on the next two weekends (March 20/21 or 27/28). I wasn't aware that changes had been made to that plan. I notice that Colorado does have a CC scheduled for one of the Prerelease weekends. I wonder if someone chose a date they weren't supposed to use for a CC.

BDS
Big Daddy are your sure you got your schedules straightened out? Citys are the first two weekends, and I think the Pre-releases are for the second two. Hopefully by then there will be a break for the State Championships.

That be me, I am responcible (as Head Judge) for the one on March. The TO and I agreed on a March date, since the City Championships were opened to the 6th/7th, 13th/14th. It was best for her (because she has this really big (and I mean BIG) Yu-gi-oh tournament to take care of in February.

Pre-releases are definitely scheduled for 6th/7th and 12th/13th. Uk product arrives in country on 4th for our first pre-release on the 6th March at Crawley.

We had the same problem with our SE Challenges due to mis-communication with PUI saying the set was late at first... we cancelled the SE Challenge for the pre-release.

So BDS is correct..

If I remember correctly it is as BDS stated above. I do see that possibly 1 of the potentially biggest CC's is scheduled for March 6th, the one in Plano, TX.

old man said:
If I remember correctly it is as BDS stated above. I do see that possibly 1 of the potentially biggest CC's is scheduled for March 6th, the one in Plano, TX.

The email that was sent on Friday to all organizers of City Championships stated that anyone ho had one scheduled for the 6/7 or 13/14 had to change the date or cancel. The prereleases are on the 6/7 13/14 so City Championships can't be scheduled those dates. The dates the website said was available was the month of February, March 20/21 and March 27/28.

farbsman said:
The email that was sent on Friday to all organizers of City Championships stated that anyone ho had one scheduled for the 6/7 or 13/14 had to change the date or cancel. The prereleases are on the 6/7 13/14 so City Championships can't be scheduled those dates. The dates the website said was available was the month of February, March 20/21 and March 27/28.
Oh sure now I learn, my email was sent in pieces and the attachment wasn't complete. Dang this sucks!

Big Daddy Snorlax said:

BDS

There is a City Championshp in Utah is will be held on March 13 and our Team Magam Vs Team Aqua will be held on March 6th. Even though the date for the CC is the same weekend that the Prerelease could be played on, this was the only time that they store could run a CC. I got promision from PUI before I turned in the application for this CC back before the first wave of registation was due back in December and it was know to the public that the March dates were going to be made. PUI didnt see a problem with this for the reason that I and another TO are running all the CC's in the area and have planned it so none of the tournament conflict.

Originally Posted by farbsman

Can someone please forward me this email. I have a CC Scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. I received 3 emails on the day the acceptance emails were sent out but I can not open them for some reason. I emailed them, asking to resend them to a different email and they did not respond.

P.M. or email me
Thanks

Warbuzz said:
Can someone please forward me this email. I have a CC Scheduled for March 6 in Los Angeles. I received 3 emails on the day the acceptance emails were sent out but I can not open them for some reason. I emailed them, asking to resend them to a different email and they did not respond.

P.M. or email me
Thanks

You might want to check with the local PTO to see if they have a Prerelease on that date just so it doesnt conflit with it.

Last week i sent them an email requesting to change the date and location because I was aware of the problem. I'm just kind of wondering how come I didn't recieve the email. If I wasn't an active visitor to the Pokegym Message boards, how would i know there was a problem?

Anyway, I was just curious to read the email i think i should have recieved. :)

Back