Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Next Set: Pokemon One Type, Level X Another

revdjweb

I know this question won't be really relevent until November but what do ppl think the ruling will be? Will the pokemon now be a dual type, will it be the type of the card on top (the level x), will it be the type depend on which attack it uses or is there some other possible ruling i have overlooked?
My gut is leaning towards dual type, but that's because it opens all kinds of interesting, quasi-delta species possibilities. But this will be a very important issue when it comes to Torterra, Infernape, Empoleon, Heatran etc.

They have already made a ruling for this eventuality, based on the Gardy EX d/Gardy LvX question. A pokemon who levels up becomes the type on the Level Up card.

Even though Gardevior EX d cannot Level Up to Gardevior Lv.X since it isn't named exactly "Gardevior", I believe that is correct. The Lv.Xs only adopt the attacks, Poke-Powers, and Poke-Bodies. Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost, nor HP is adopted, though.

Primes right, but the team answered the question for the eventuality that cards like that were were released.

There actually was such a case, but with Gardevoir d (psychic/metal) from EX Delta Species. Since this was only interesing in the Japanese metagame and in unlimited, almost nobody asked about it here. Same with Mewtwo d from EX Holon Phantoms.

Even though Gardevior EX d cannot Level Up to Gardevior Lv.X since it isn't named exactly "Gardevior", I believe that is correct. The Lv.Xs only adopt the attacks, Poke-Powers, and Poke-Bodies and evolutionary state. Weakness, Resistance, Retreat Cost, type, tags such as δ nor HP is adopted, though.

The ruling was from the DS :psychic::metal: Gardevoir levelling up.

Back