Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

nikePK's Worlds Report!

nikePK

-Worlds 2004 Report-

Well, I did pretty terrible at Worlds on Saturday, but I had a lot of fun. Sorry this is brief, but most of my games just went that way... I didn't have more than 2 games that were those games where you are like “that was amazing!!!” which sucks, but everyone being there made it so much fun.

Round 1- Neil...?
Sorry, I hardly ever remember names. He was from Australia and overall a really cool guy. He was playing Blaze/Gardy... yeah, kind of a weird match. Anyway, I get a slow start but eventually get rolling along and am able to beat him with a swarm of Lanturns and my Desert Ruins hurts his Gardy exs pretty badly.

1-0 _ 3 points.

Round 2 – vs. Tom

This was a terrible match... not fun at all. He starts with a skitty I think. I start with Aqua Chinchou and draw into the TA Lanturn. It gets going t2 and he never gets energy for like 5 turns. I take all of my prizes with the TA Lanturn I believe.

2-0_ 6 points.

Round 3 – vs. Kevin... I think. From the netherlands.

I always lose round 3, and this was a game I should've won had I just drawn a stupid Lanturn. I got decent draw power and everything, but he turn 1's a Gorebyss to mess up my early game. I get a load of Chinchou/TA Chinchou down, but I never seem to get a lanturn. I'm quite sure that 1 HL Lanturn could've easily turned the tide of the game. But, I don't get it and I get plowed by Gorebyss. Pathetic =|

2-1 _ 6 points.

We take a lunch break. I always lose after the lunch break. No, I mean, EVERY TOURNAMENT I lose after the lunch break. Yeah, fate screws me here...

Round 4 vs. Levi (Monkeyman) w/ Blaze-Bellossom

He starts with a lone Oddish, but gets a lot of stuff going. I... well, I don't. Later in the game I have an oracle in my hand, but I also have Steven's which I can draw 6 off of. Not wanting to wait a turn and also wanting an energy, I steven's for 6 cards. No Lanturn. Next turn, steven's for 6 AGAIN. NO LANTURN! GOD! A lanturn could've definitely helped me put up a fight, but instead his blaze swarm just runs through me. I can't stop his retreat/heal strategy and I lose.

2-2 _ 6 points.

So I know I have to win out now if I wanna t32.

Round 5 vs. Exploud/AQ Espeon

God. I think I go first and confuse his lone whismer and have a setup to where I think I can get a t2 TA Lanturn going. OOOPS, he rare candies on his first turn of the game and boost energies his Loudred and hits me for 40 freakin' damage. What is with this turn 1 evo stuff against me?
So, that hurts me strategy quiiiiite a bit, and I get stuck without energy and draw into a load of crap. He gets exploud up and I eventually take it out, but not after the damage is done. He rocks me for the win for 2 prizes.

2-3 _ 6 points.

Round 6 vs. Shiftry.

I have a crap start with no energy and no way to get energy on the first turn so I just pass. He gets shiftry up on turn 3 or 4 and has his complete setup basically. My turns are basically: “Draw... go” I didn't care and I just let him kill me as I had no chance whatsoever.

2-4 _ 6 points.

Round 7 vs. Blaze

Its not a terrrrrrrible start, but its not desireable. I figure I've lost, but we end up getting setup kind of slow and start duking it out. I don't think either of us were really in the mood to play too much but it goes on and the game is tight. Late game I have him down to 1 prize and he drops a TA Lanturn to push him down to 1 prize. I've pretty much lost, but I do have 1 reversal left in my deck that if I can stall long enough to grab, I can hopefully kill his benched TA Manectric that has like 5 dmg on it.
I draw... nope. Dunsparce uses Flash. Heads! He passes. I draw... the reversal ^_^ I roll... if I get tails I've most likely lost unless I can paralyze him for like 3 more turns. So I announce the reversal, get heads. Attach a s. charm to Sparce and KO the manectric for the win.

So I go 3-4 on the day which is terrible, especially for LSD. I think I need to learn how to shuffle better or something, because the deck's been consistant and was winning at other tournies and the day before Worlds even. Oh well.

The next day I do a side event, hang with some people and just have a lot of fun. I got to meet Martin, Psycodad, Levi, GodTrainer, Plaidlesspez, Krayzie, Joner, the awesome Freddy K, and of course everyone's favorite mexican, Pablo.

I also got to see a bunch of people I've met before like Pooka, Croc, the stl. Crew, CFK, Johnny Blaze, Cory, Drew, Patriarch, YJ, AJ, Fulop, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some people =\
I had a blast, I reaaalllllly loook forward to getting a trip for next year's worlds. TRUK, you need to do the pwning around your house, not your mom lol. Seriously, wish you coulda came man. Also, Jermy, you need a trip for next year too! Hope everyone had a great time, Congrats Joner, Colin, and Fulop, Drew, Pooka, Adam and the rest of you that did awesome.

Props -

-NINTENDO!!!!!!!
-All my friends there, without you guys this game wouldn't be nearly as fun as it is.
-The rest of Team Pwnage doing crappy so I don't feel as bad lol
-The metagame... so many decks and then the surprise magma win? Crazy awesome!

Slops-

-OVERPRICED, CRAPPPPPPPY food down in the cafe place. The pizza they brought up wasn't bad though.

-Losing because of bad hands and bad draws, not because of deck matchup or stupid playing.

I look forward to it next year, cyas all then! Revenge on us getting 0wned by the Japanese... we'll be ready next year!

Seems like this happened to you and a lot of people. =( Oh well, at least you weren't the only one losing off of bad draws. I had a lot of fun talking with you and ripping up cards at the end. Take THAT Treecko. lol

I did horrible too, but it's all good!

I had a great time and that's all that matters!
Props to you for having fun! :clap:

hey nike it was awesome meeting u, ure way different than i thought ud be, but i had a blast hanging out with u and everyone, Ill see around in MO states cause most prolly ill be there, specially if i sell all the cards i got at Worlds :) :)

"Why are you trading for Shining Tyranitar??"
"I can sell this for 50 dollars in Mexico"

Well if that happens, you'll be up here in no time lol.

Ya, Treecko deserved it haha. Again, awesome seeing all of you, and we'll have revenge next year =)

Hellooooooo

Anyway I post on all ur little threads so I have to post on this one as well I spose, you know have to keep up tradition. It was fun being with you again and I hope to get together with you again soon. Get your pictures up like now.

ttyl

~Colin

haha, not much you could do about it lol, you're playing to win obviously. I woulda done the same of course. I should've expected the unexpected I s'pose.

Anywho, thanks for the replies all and I've got pictures up and yes I know its only 2004 (I labeled it 'Worlds 2K5' lol) right here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/179555295nTZOZm

Comments if you click on them.

Thanks for making Worlds so enjoyable guys and i'll ttyl.

Back