Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ninetales Options

V1c10u5

Many of you won't recognize me, I don't post often. I leave it to my brother prodigal_fanboy. He does his work.

I am curious to see your thoughts on Ninetales.
Obviously it is limited due to the fire type specification on energy discard, but eh.
I traded for 8 today. Why? I COULD.

What decks can make a Ninetales draw system work, and how?

INB4: Charizard herp derp.
I'm not dumb. I want originality. and ladies ;)

It could be used in an SP deck (with Blaziken FB + something else). Also, a straight ERL deck with Energy Pickups could work with the Ninetales engine :p

Not great ideas, but ideas nonetheless.

Hey, it's a start!
Haha yeah
also exclude Ursaring/Typhlosion/Ninetales from "original" ideas to post.
it's not original.
XD
thank you vegitalian <3

What's to say other than running it with charizard or typhlosion? SP doesn't need an engine like this. The only other thing I can think of is running it in something that doesn't use fire energy, just so they can have an engine. But that would be the same if you were going to run it in gengar or machamp. Something like a 2-2 ninetails line and fisherman or energy restore. The only idea I can think of that hasn't really been capitalized on is a flygon/typhlosion list. But there's another huge flaw with all of this. Ninetails is worse than claydol, and flygon doesn't contend now. But at least it's a stage 2 deck like we have right now. Maybe ninetails could fit into something that doesn't use fire energy, but I doubt it.

The problem with Ninetales is getting and maintaining the energy. It was no big deal when we had Rosie's, but without it pulling 2 energy a turn is a little difficult. (1 to Roast Reveal, one to attach) The card looks great, GUARANTEED 3 card draw! But in reality, it's not that good. Having run it before, many times I had the choice of whether to attach my energy or use it for RR and gamble I pull another.

Honestly? I think Uxie's better.

The problem with Ninetales is getting and maintaining the energy. It was no big deal when we had Rosie's, but without it pulling 2 energy a turn is a little difficult. (1 to Roast Reveal, one to attach) The card looks great, GUARANTEED 3 card draw! But in reality, it's not that good. Having run it before, many times I had the choice of whether to attach my energy or use it for RR and gamble I pull another.

Honestly? I think Uxie's better.
We can use Interviewer's questions if energy is a big deal. Also, the two aren't really comparable. Sure they're both draw, but one's an engine and the others a one time use.

Back