Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo 3DS from Worlds In - No Skins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illydth

My Son's 3DS that he won at worlds just came in today. However, it looks like these are plain, average flat (Black) 3DS Systems without any identification of worlds on them.

This is our first year having been at worlds but we've heard in past years that the DS's that have been given out as prizes have been "skinned" and/or identified differently based upon the fact they were won at worlds.

Is this not the case this year? Or did only the top 16/above folks get a "special" DS? (My son placed in the top 32, not top 16).

--Illydth

I just received my Worlds 3DS today and it was a plain black one identical to the ones they gave out at Nationals. So, not an isolated incident.

Wow, I guess that would make the previous years a bit more of a keepsake if they are only going to give out plain 3DS's huh.

Wow, I guess that would make the previous years a bit more of a keepsake if they are only going to give out plain 3DS's huh.

One time does not a trend make... It's fully possible that the ball was just dropped this year, and next year they'll go back to the prettyful versions that were expected.

It is kind of sad for the people who got them this year, but hey! It really boils down to a 3DS for no money other than what you spent on cards for your deck, travel fees, being in So Cal for a few days, and of course the hours and hours of strategizing and practicing. XD

When I did not see a logo version in the case I wondered but we were still shocked when a plain one showed up.

If only a plain 3DS was actually worth all that effort.
Players who took the same effort but got a crap start one more round got nothing, so...

btw, TPCi announced one booster box (plus stamped promos, obviously) for T32. They gave out two boxes and a 3DS which is actually 300% more than announced.

Of course customized 3DS are a nice thing (and I really wish them to come back), but I wonder why you complain now about that and not when the prizes were put on the site on first place. It was clear since this spring that there were no customized systems this year.

ShadowGuard, obviously I missed something and I think you have also.

This isn't a "complaint" thread, it's a question thread. The intent was to figure out if this was, indeed, intended or if something got screwed up. My son took top 32, there was a potential that only top 16 had gotten skinned/marked 3DS's since that was where the prize was actually announced.

I apologize if that wasn't clear from my initial post.

As to your comment about it being clear since Spring that there were no customized systems I'm a bit confused. Was that posted somewhere that I missed (there's a high probability of that) or announced somewhere that I wasn't paying attention to?

I have to admit I ***-u-me-d that the systems this year would match the same prizes they've given out in the past (customized) so if something was stated somewhere I apologize for wasting everyone's time with the question to begin with.

Regarding prize support: ALL of the top competition prizes are generally "under announced" (at least they have been for the last 2 years). Last year when my son took 24th at Nats he got a full box of cards instead of the half box they announced...same thing this year when he took 16th at nats and 19th at worlds. Pokemon tends to bump up their announced prize support for the larger tournaments. I completely agree with you that I appreciate the enhanced prizes!

Regarding to the "crap start" comment: Yea, that's probably one of the largest downsides to the game...the luck factor. That said, it's no different than in any other TCG and no different now than it has ever been...bad starts cost games. *shrug* Fact of life we all have to deal with I guess.

Thanks for the comments.

--Illydth

I'll chime in: we didn't go to Worlds in 2010, and our son really liked the Pikachu Yellow DS XL's that were given out.

This year at Worlds, his record wasn't as good and thus didn't Top 32, and he was bummed that he lost out on the chance of getting what was also assumed a special 3DS.

So Illydth, you're not the only one. Juniors like their toys, especially special ones.

QQ moar (i bet ya do it at least 17 times)
As long as even my QQ subparts have more productive content than most of your whole posts, I don't see any problem here. ;)

ShadowGuard, obviously I missed something and I think you have also.

This isn't a "complaint" thread, it's a question thread. The intent was to figure out if this was, indeed, intended or if something got screwed up. My son took top 32, there was a potential that only top 16 had gotten skinned/marked 3DS's since that was where the prize was actually announced.

I apologize if that wasn't clear from my initial post.
I know your thread wasn't meant as a complaint, but some of the answers sounded like everyone expected customized 3DS system. I just said that it was nowhere announced that there are some.

As to your comment about it being clear since Spring that there were no customized systems I'm a bit confused. Was that posted somewhere that I missed (there's a high probability of that) or announced somewhere that I wasn't paying attention to?
It was in the Worlds FAQ. 2009 and 2010 the customized 3DS were listed, this year they weren't. I also asked TPCi about that at the Professor Cup and they said that this was not an error they don't know if they can give out some this year (iirc).

As long as even my QQ subparts have more productive content than most of your whole posts, I don't see any problem here. ;)

it does not, the QQing just takes your whole post down with it. just stop doing it, nobody feels sorry for you lol, nor does anyone honestly care. it's just super annoying

it does not, the QQing just takes your whole post down with it. just stop doing it, nobody feels sorry for you lol, nor does anyone honestly care. it's just super annoying
It's indirect criticism on the format, while most of your posts (see profile search) are "omg you fail" style without any content. So please read the rules and stop making trash posts like the one above. It did nothing to the thread and is considered spam no matter what point of view you look at it. Same for at least half of your other posts on the Gym. And that's what really is "super annoying".

I totally know where you're coming from :( Top 2 of any of the National Championships did not recieve the cardboard check. After i won, i was so excited to take pictures holding my check. Especially for the seniors and juniors who really DO care about stuff that to us Masters means little value...

The only memory i have left of Nationals 2011 is 5k and my ACTUAL memory :/ Not really a complaint, just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back