Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Nintendo announces 3ds price slash

I'll pick up one in october when paper mario comes out, or in november for my birthday. Nice deal though, my mom bought my brother one hahaha he pry wishes she hadn't now.

Is there seriously anyone who DIDNT see this coming?

I called this day one, that the price wouldnt last and it would buckle under for a lower price. The ideas they have are sound, but most families just bought the DS/DSi/DSiXL that came out alongside the new Pokemon Games. The fact that there was a DSi specifically themed for the Pokemon games (I got the black version!) should've been a clear indication that this was a bad idea. Can't compete against yourself, Nintendo.:nonono:

Is there seriously anyone who DIDNT see this coming?

I called this day one, that the price wouldnt last and it would buckle under for a lower price. The ideas they have are sound, but most families just bought the DS/DSi/DSiXL that came out alongside the new Pokemon Games. The fact that there was a DSi specifically themed for the Pokemon games (I got the black version!) should've been a clear indication that this was a bad idea. Can't compete against yourself, Nintendo.:nonono:

I expected it as soon as the Vita was announced.

This makes me want one more. The price is now pretty fair... but I still am following my 3 game rule. I wait to get a console unless there are 3 games that I want. So far, I have RE: Mercenaries. I already have 3 copies of OoT: why do I need a 4th? I have 2 copies of SF4. Otherwise, no other games are very interesting. $170 is fantastic, but I would rather save even more money by waiting longer. Sadly, no games coming out soon are very interesting IMO (Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 are TBA). Sigh... so sad that this is what has come of Nintendo's newest handheld system. I want to enjoy a 3DS, but I just can't find enough games to enjoy to worthy a purchase.

Hmm, maybe when my DS Lite finally quits working...seriously the thing is over 4 years old, and despite the infamous hinge problem it still works (though I sometimes have to wiggle it a bit to get the top screen to work). I put a piece of paper in between the screen to hold it in place.

I kind of suspected they were having issues when Gamestop was doing that trade-in thing (got up to $150 off).

^ Just saw that.
Can't decide if I want to buy one now, after the price drop, or not buy one at all Dx

Buy now. The games for free are good. Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ are some.
Posted with Mobile style...

I'm waiting to see what the other 10 games are. Lots of those have been made several times over. I'm more interested in seeing what "other" games they toss our way. If a Square Enix game is in there, it might be worth the purchase...

Honestly not surprised, in fact I'm surprised they didn't cut the price sooner; that $250 price tag was utterly ridiculous and easily has to be the worse misstep Nintendo has made in quite a few many years (other than zero 3rd party support for Wii games, and allowing shovelware to litter it).

Also, the free games have to be pointless, unless you're literally a new/young gamer who wasn't around when those were released...not worth paying over $80 for the lot of them considering you can scour ebay/gamestop and probably buy them all for cheap.

Buy now. The games for free are good. Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™ are some.
Posted with Mobile style...

Wow thats pretty cool. I'd do that then sell the 3ds (Before cut) then buy another one after cut!

You can't sell a 3DS for the price you purchased it at. No chance. You probably couldn't sell it for HALF that amount either.

I was going to buy a 3DS once more good games came out for it. This is just a plus for me :). Probably going to be a christmas present for me, as by then there will be Super Mario Land 3DS, Mario Kart 7, Star Fox 3DS and Paper Mario, with Luigi's Mansion 2 hopefully following suit soon after.

Back