Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Limit Texas Hold 'Em

RaNd0m

I learned how to play Texas Hold 'em way back in 2001 at the WCSTS, no doubt. However, I started playing on a regular basis this spring. Who out there plays, and do you play with people in real life?

Also, where does everyone play online?

Anyone here SERIOUSLY considering joining the WPT?

This is a poker topic. Enjoy cause poker's awesome.

~ RaNd0m

Talk to moss_factor.
Seena(national champion) and moss enoy poker quite thuroughly, and if I recall correctly, both of them have, or are nearing 3000 profit by playing online.

seena, foisy, me, jason, chuck, and crim play on UB. moss plays on party still i think. my sn is mattenno on UB

Last edited:
Matt, I'm on UB too. In fact, I added you to ultimatebuddy and you're online. I'm PokeRaNd0m... join a table and I'll follow you!

~ RaNd0m

I haven't started playing for real money yet because I don't think I'm good enough, so I really don't know what goes on in setting up a real money account. I'm gonna start playing for it soon though. I've played a lot of poker irl... I've won a few times too. I play in freerolls and such on UB all the time.

Does RoyalVegas actually give you $10?

~ RaNd0m

I play SnGs with my friends IRL. They aren't very good, but hey it's some practice. I want to start playing online, but I'm not legally allowed to yet, so I've just been studying the books so I'll be ready once I'm 18.

I'd suggest just sending in a money order if you're working with UB. If you want increased speed, you can get an online checking acct through a site like Firepay.com or Neteller.com, I have one with both and they're very trustworthy.

If you're playing microlimits, UB is probably the best site for you, however if you move up to small stakes, I'd play Party. With the rakeback program, bonuses, pokertracker, gametime+, playerview, and others, you've got the best add-ons to play poker there. Plus they have the most players, always have a game available, and have more fish than any other site.

VIVA LA PARTY :smile:

PS If you want to get setup at Party, let me know and I can get you some bonuses.

Send me a PM or whatever.

Oh and,
Seena(national champion) and moss enoy poker quite thuroughly, and if I recall correctly, both of them have, or are nearing 3000 profit by playing online.
That's incorrect. My bankroll right now is $4500 (with rakeback, after starting with $200 in my acct just 25 days ago; fuggnore), but I've made well into 5-figures playing online poker in the past year. That is just how much I haven't spent on school/other things that takes money out of my roll.

I can help you all get better at poker if you'd like, in fact I just did an excellent article on bankroll management that can be read here. If you guys want any advice on how to get started in poker, managing your money, books that will actually help you, what websites are safe, and basically anything else I'm probably the best poker player you'll ever meet and I love talking about the game so don't hesitate to ask!

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people named Jon Schweppe! (ok I'm kidding... OR AM I?!!!!)

Last edited:
Well Crim donated $2 to me and I've gotten started. I got up to $7 earlier tonight, now I'm sitting at like $5 about to play a SNG.

Rulemaster... I only play .01/.02 at the moment. I'll probably only play that until I'm at least at $20.

There are stupid questions, and there are stupid people. I'm just awesome and definitely not one of them. OR AM I!?!?! *the question will never end!*

~ Jon

Back