Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Nats shirts @ Registration??

Ok, so I was just informed that the kid my son brought who had just learnt how to play 2 days before DID NOT get a Nats T-Shirt upon registering early Sat morning! WHAT THE HECK?? This is totally not cool! How do you run out? You always bring enough, then pass the rest out at League play or something! Come on! It was his 1st Pokemon event ever & then doesnt even walk out with a shirt! Sheshhhh! :nonono:

Pretty sure it said specifically in the program that shirts were going to be given out only to people who pre-registered on Friday afternoon/evening.

Correct me if I'm wrong, ma'am, but they explicitly said that they only would give competitors a shirt if they preregistered. From the looks of it, the kid did not.

Really? WOW! Thats a huge rip off! If you register period, you should get one! Thats the whole reason behind going to a big event like that is the cool T-Shirts you get to show off later! Man, thats disapointing!

Really? WOW! Thats a huge rip off! If you register period, you should get one! Thats the whole reason behind going to a big event like that is the cool T-Shirts you get to show off later! Man, thats disapointing!

yes the whole point of nationals is to get a T-shirt (sarcasm) & *facepalms*

wow you obviously have no understanding of the concept of tournaments.

Troll etc.

At least I really hope so.

Next time, read the actual advertisement of the event before expecting free things to be mandatory at a free event.

The turnout was larger than expected and unfortunately some players that pre-registered on Friday did not get a shirt. All the event information did state that shirts were given at pre-registration and not at the late registration on Saturday. It was a way to speed things up on tournament day and to free staff to do more important things than hand out shirts.

I bet your little friend got the promo card and pin and those are very special themselves.

It's unfortunate that there were not enough shirts for everyone. In the F.A.Q. section for Nationals it does specifically state that the shirts would be available while supplies last.

It is always hard to predict the total turnout of any tournament, much less the numbers in each age division or the sizes that will be needed for those divisions. There were actually more shirts this year to give out than there were last year; however, there were also approximately 200 more players this year than last year - a very large increase of players that was hard to anticipate.

TPCI has always been very good about trying to provide supplies to players free of cost - no small feat when you consider the shear number of players involved, and will no doubt use the numbers and feedback this year to better accommodate players next year where they can. My best advice is to arrive and be present at the very beginning of the registration process. I'm sorry that, along with many players, yours did not get a promotional shirt. I know that doesn't help for this year's National Championship, but should you happen to participate in a National or World Championship in the future you'll stand a much better chance of receiving items like this by doing so.

Back