Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No nickname Josh-New England Regional Championship Report

Weedle Lover 33

This Is my Saturday Regional Report...First to Thank Tom Shea for having a great and FUN Tourny. (Have you ever thought it is time to move to a BIGGER store....lol) 2nd Its was crowed with 86 Masters (I think),43 Seniors,and something like 30 Little Kids but its great to see how many pokemon players there are. 3rd Seeing new people from different states is always fun.Anyways ill get started there was 7 rounds for the masters with a top cut of sweet 16. I was Playing Machamp seeing if people would start to play G more I played Machamp. I faced 0 G decks so it was a tough day...lol

Round 1-Me vs ????? with Machamp
Round 1 and I get a Mirror Match. I have a god hand and start palkia,played Uxie to set up got candy and a machamp. Rarecandy The machamp and pass my turn...next turn got Palkia Lv X on a beebes search, got another good stuff from my 2nd friend Uxie and got claydol rarecany baltoy,I cosmic power and get 2 switch and he couldnt get nothing really going so i just Palkia his Basics leaving his Machamp on the bench and bringing it back up and it was game in my Favor.He took 2-3 prizes
1-0

Round 2-Me vs Tony Frezza with Machamp
My 2nd Mirror Match of the day. Tony gets a horrible start i get a good start with a t3 Machamp and tony tried to get something going but he couldnt good game tony.
2-0

Round 3-Me vs Vikas with T-TAR
I start of with Palkia again and i go 2nd so i draw an Uxie play a bunch of cards got Machop and candy. Rare cnady into machamp and I pass. 2nd turn got palkia Lv X and a switch bring machamp out KO 3 basics into a row. but i got a dead draw of cards for six turns in a ROW. So that work in his favor got t-tar set up which cost me the game on a dead draw. Good game tho.
2-1

Round 4-Me vs Sam with Blastcatty
It was a good game..i had one prize left and he had 2 i have a load bench and he has one to still. He had one card left in his deck because of 2 blast discarding all his good cards and he play Team G's Wager and won instead of drawing 1 or 2 cards and draws ALL six cards left and decks out..but i would of KO him next turn for the game....Sorry you Misplayed that.
3-1

Round 5-Me vs Jon Frezza with a sick deck thats not a metagame deck
Jon was playing this crazy deck with Abamasnow and some crazy techs with it. We both had bad starts but i kept on getting bad cards in my draw,he did too but he start to get something going and I lost....Good game Jon
3-2

Round 6-Me vs ????? with Machamp
My 3rd Mirror match against Machamp of the day. It was a good game we went 39 min both had one prize left but i had a fully power Machamp against his 2 energy Machamp and he hurricane punch and got ALL HEADS but that only does 120 and Machamp has 130 HP...so i rage for the win but it was great game....Long mirror match.
4-2

Round 7-Me vs Aex Frezza with GengarCress
Standings was posted after Round 6 and i am in 16th place so i have to win the next round to clinch Top 16......and with my luck i get Alex Frezza and Gengar....nice........Which he was in 21 in the standings so if he won he would or would not make top cut.....so it we both wanted to win...I get a bad start and he pitch dark me for 4 turns and I couldnt get anything going so I LOST!! good game Alex.
4-3

I dint make top cut because I lost the last round but I had fun and getting better,doing better in every tournment I play in. 25th place out of 86 people isnt that bad....Top 16 would of been better but ONE of these days ill be in there won of these days.

Props
Mama Rock going 9-0 makeing top cut of 8 but losing in a mirror Match....:(
Jon Frezza for playing a very strange deck but Coming in 2nd place because of time
Hanaan for Showing everyone that his son is not the only one who can play Gengar good....Nice Job on 1st place.
Me going 3-0 against Mirror match's
Having fun and see all my league friends doing very good
Sarah for showing everyone that AMU can make it far...you just need the heart to play it.
Dan hooking me up with some pizza
Meg for hooking me up with some popcorn
Mama Rock for hooking me up with Unown G
Tom Shea puting together a great event
Buying some comic books

SLOPS
Losing to Alex in the last Round and not making the top cut
Not bringing 60 of my EX's that i could of sold for money......
Being at TJ's for 12 hours.....It was to hott with too many people

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I have to say going to league has made me a better player!!! Go to league!!

Last edited:
Back